Any cheap options for US-Indian freight forwarders?

@kuduku - I guess its a subsidiary of ICC itself, cause the local shipment notification I got for my two ShopAbroad orders were sent from iBhejo.

If you sign up for a new account you get a 500 off on 2000 coupon, which might be useful. They had the Nexus 7 - 8GB for some 14.2k or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed an order from iShop International. Got a quote in about an hour and placed the order. Shipping charges are significantly lower than SnS. Fingers crossed on delivery.

Anybody received the ibhejo quotes ? ishopinternational.com has gone from bad to worse . They have mismanaged my 4 orders in last 2 months . Even after repeated requests they have still not given the refunds . They gave a wrong quote which i paid and later they didnt buy the item
ICC World services have also gone super bad
I am really looking for any good reliable services for the US shopping ..

Have got 3 orders from iShop. No issues. Average delivery time from requesting quote to getting item is about 12-14 days.

Anybody received the ibhejo quotes ? ishopinternational.com has gone from bad to worse . They have mismanaged my 4 orders in last 2 months . Even after repeated requests they have still not given the refunds . They gave a wrong quote which i paid and later they didnt buy the item

Had asked for a quote yesterday , received it today, very good rate , only Rs 500 more than US price

- - - Updated - - -

Do ICC world & others repack the items or ship it in original packing?

I have been using ppo and sns for quite some time now.
Pros . sns = very transparent in charges., you can depend on anuradha to sort out issues if any. Charges are OK. And they charge on actual weight basis.

Cons .- they use a broker for customs clearance, who is unreliable. Sns does not directly get involved in the customs scene. nd of mile delivery, where the parcel gets delivered to you at your home is very poor, they should do something about it.

Ppo - pro - very good if you are getting cellphones and small items. Charges are low.
Cons - you are charged duty, but no proof if its actually been paid by them to the customs. They charge on volumetric basis.but if item is heavy and small, you get charged on weight basis, so either way you are screwed. So anything that you get in a box or carton will get charged on volume.
The support team is , well the less said the better. :)
So finally, if want to import bulky and light weight tems use sns.
If small packages, use ppo.

Just sharing my 2bits.
Sns should start consolidation of packages, it would be really nice

Ishop is yuck these days. I placed an order for a 2 way radio in July 2012. The seller sent the wrong model and it was returned, but as of date I have not yet got refund for that item , despite promises by them.
The 500 off Diwali offer is simply hogwash. They charge u higher on either custom s or on shipping ,taxes etc and then offer you 500 off, ridiculous.

Ibhejo will not import used, refurb goods. Their charges are higher compared to ishop.
Dear Customer,

The link which you have provided shows item condition as used .

So this is to inform you that we do not sell or upload Used items. We only sell new or refurbished items.

Please feel free to contact us for any other queries.

Thanks & Regards

Ibhejo Support Team

I had asked for a qoute from ishop, received it , they also called & informed me that the item i want to order will possibly be available for a cheaper price on thursday & friday due to the thanksgiving weekend sale in US & i should wait for the price to come down . :23:

- - - Updated - - -

I asked for a qoute for the same item from both ishop & ibhejo , ibhejo quoted 6500 & ishop 6900 , ibhejo also has 500 signup coupon making the quote 1k cheaper than ishop but ibhejo takes a long time to respond to quote request

Very true about refunds, I had to send constant reminders and I finally got a refund after 30 days. I simply don't understand why it takes that long, they say refunds has to be approved by the team in India as well as the US team which is the reason for the delay.

Do ICC world & others repack the items or ship it in original packing?

No, they forward it as they receive.

On ppobox is it necessary to generate the unique package id before placing the order & adding it to the shipping address or is the personal mailbox no enough?

^ PPO ID is enough at the time of order, you can later generate the unique id and enter the shipping details given by the seller.

Both ways are fine.

Back