Any cheap options for US-Indian freight forwarders?

@varkey

Can you tell me when do I have to make the payment to PPO by the "Make Payment" option on their website? After they receive the package, or after it gets to Mumbai?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cloud-S : You will get a mail once the package arrives in Mumbai with the total amount to be paid including duty etc.

varkey
check this Shop from U.S. online stores for the latest fashion apparel, accessories and electronic gadgets!
seems operated/owned by paypal ,address is Portland , no sales tax but damn expensive for first half kg $20 and $3 for subsequent half kg .
Attractive with the promo code of 1st kg off ....

Yes, I saw it few weeks back, but for small shipments, not worth it. If you have multiple packages which you can combine and get it together, its a good alternative.
@kuduku : What is the promo code for it? Any special conditions?

^ i also received this mail from paypal, do they take care of customs too?

Its a tie up with PayPal and comGateway (a package forwarder). They will consolidate the packages and ship it by Fedex or DHL. The customs etc will be handled by DHL/Fedex. But they will let you prepare the invoice of all the items in the package, so should be alright.

Yes, I saw it few weeks back, but for small shipments, not worth it. If you have multiple packages which you can combine and get it together, its a good alternative.
kuduku : What is the promo code for it? Any special conditions?

Its a tie up with PayPal and comGateway (a package forwarder). They will consolidate the packages and ship it by Fedex or DHL. The customs etc will be handled by DHL/Fedex. But they will let you prepare the invoice of all the items in the package, so should be alright.

Shop from U.S. online stores for the latest fashion apparel, accessories and electronic gadgets!
its PPLNOV10 , its on webpage also
I am not clear with this

kuduku : What is the promo code for it? Any special conditions?

Plus, from now till 31st December,
enjoy 1st kg off
your international shipping charges
and an express delivery upgrade
when you key in promo code PPLNOV10
during shipping arrangement checkout

@varkey @Arjun If the package is 3kg than first half kg $20 & second half kg $3 , total $23 is off or $20 Is charged and thereafter free . What the contact number to call ?

@kuduku : Well, it says 1st Kg free. Best is to check with them, send them a mail.

And in the T&C it says the promo is on first come first serve basis, so by the time the package reaches them the offer might get over too. ;)

Can anyone tell me if Invoice is MUST for using PPO? If I buy something which doesn't have an invoice, like from ebay, will the PPO still accept it?

Just checked out that PPO thing, or what ever. They are suggesting almost 4K of duty + customs for a USD249 watch. Does that make sense. Even iShoptoIndia is requesting so much.

Just checked out that PPO thing, or what ever. They are suggesting almost 4K of duty + customs for a USD249 watch. Does that make sense. Even iShoptoIndia is requesting so much.

do check amazon global and see if the watch is available and if it is then try going till the very end before you place the order and see how much is the final cost coming.

@Cloud-S : No Invoice is not must, you can enter the item value when you create the shipment id.
@asingh : It seems alright, the duty on watches is close to 28%

Is there any other option than PPO or ishop to use for getting a used ipod (from a relative)? They can send it without the original packaging if that can help avoid the customs and can also mark as gift.
They can ship directly to india by themselves but I think that is kind of a hassel. It can get stuck at customs etc.

Back