Audio Any clue what happened to F&D and Creative in India?

I had these way back in and around 2004:

Creative SBS 370.jpg

Creative SBS 370 (Photo from the Internet)

Got them from Mustafa Center in Singapore on my first trip there! My first 2.1 setup and these sounded quite lovely. Creative used to make some really nice speakers back in the day and it's shame they have almost nothing new now. I used the SBS 370 for a good 5-6 years straight before getting the Logitech Z-2300 (which I hated because they sounded way too bassy) and there after the Z-5500 which I still use till date with my gaming PC in a 2.1 setup (have changed the satellite speakers though because the original drivers on the satellites degraded over time). Back in the day I remember it was either Creative or Altec Lansing (their famous MX5021) for music or getting something from Logitech.

Regarding Edifier I had noticed that their online availability after COVID times had been way lesser here in India but now they are getting the models back in stock again. I had bought the Edifier R1700BT and the Edifier S1000DB in 2019 prior to COVID. Used the S1000DB purely for music but now have it connected to my gaming consoles as I have invested in a proper audiophile stereo system for my music listening.

Lol I owned both the SBS 370 as well as the MX5021, I later moved on to the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 then Sony SRS D9 followed by the Samsung HW-H20, I have a used 8 year old Z623 atm that feels like it's on its last legs.
If there was some decent alternative I'd have bought one but it seems like the world has moved on to soundbars, tws iems and portable bluetooth speakers.

I might be the only one with a Still Functioning Creative Aspire 4400 4.1 Sound System (Ref. Image attached).
Their Clarity and Bass is still unmatchable.
I have used F&D. They are Decent Budget Desktop speakers.
The world, sadly, has moved on to "Portable" and TWS speakers. Desktop Speakers still exist but their market is shrinking fast, being replaced by Soundbars.

Attachments

• 258963.jpeg
    258963.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 17
Lol I owned both the SBS 370 as well as the MX5021, I later moved on to the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 then Sony SRS D9 followed by the Samsung HW-H20, I have a used 8 year old Z623 atm that feels like it's on its last legs.
If there was some decent alternative I'd have bought one but it seems like the world has moved on to soundbars, tws iems and portable bluetooth speakers.

OMG... I had the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 as well. Just checked Flipkart and saw I had ordered them in October' 2013 for 12k! They were a fantastic sounding set of speakers, very punchy and fun to listen to. Alas, the subwoofer gave up after a few years of use. I had got it repaired locally in Kolkata but it again went kaput.

We still use F&D W-330BT 2.1 speakers at home (bought for 3.3K in 2014 from snap deal when it was trustable). It's used with our archaic dell tower PC running intel core i3 1st gen. The speaker still sounds very good. Good enough to be used for a small house party.

I alslo had a super compact bluetooth speaker from F&D, called the W30. It was the same size as a smartphone but 2x / 3x as thick, but still sounded pretty good when listened to from close proximity. I gave it away to a friend, but replying to this post brings back the memories.

Back