Any Doctors here? Need help!

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
I heard drinking phenyl helps.

The OP has posted a quest to any doctor in the forum which any normal person will take seriously irrespective of whether he is able to answer it or not.
But you-

Are you a toilet doctor?

delhiboy1000 said:
@hp-india: dude, relax! Chlorpromazine is the drug of choice for intractable hiccups. I know what i am talking about :cool2:

You might be. And I know exactly what Chlorpromazine is used for. But still that doesn't give us the liberty to prescribe drugs without knowing the patient's physical status, his medical history, etc. and without giving him proper instructions. At least that is what I feel. When you treat a patient, you treat him as a whole, and not just the disease.

just wanted to ask---no offense--i feel for u---do u hiccup when ur asleep? does it affect your sleep???

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
I heard drinking phenyl helps.

Have you tried it yourself cute-a55?

Boy, u really that dumb? I know you are known as Mr.Bean here but learn to draw the line. It was totally uncalled for !! :mad:

hp-india said:
No offense, but please do not prescribe anything without seeing the patient physically. And this is not some software to just "try".

Second that. No offense, but recommending drugs without professional diagnosis is just not done.

@OP Do the hiccups accompany any pain?

Intractable Hiccups is a very notorious condition for both the patient and the treating doctor.

In general you cant find the exact causes for it, the most common hypothesis is the irritation of the nerves supplying the Diaphragm which causes the sudden recurrent spasms of the muscles of diaphragm.

Most probable cause for this is GERD(Acidity), Electrolyte imbalance, sometimes even Psycho-Somatic disorder.

But nothing of the above is dangerous.

What your doctors have prescribed you? Please pm me the names of drugs of scan / photo of the prescription.

Can help you little with your case notes, but the gold standard is the Physical examination.

If acidity is one of the causes... ENO can be tried if you are not allergic to it. It has water and ENO too so two birds in one stone :bleh: Please take my advice lightly... and do update us if the hiccups stopped.

I was given a shot of Chlorpromazine direct to the vein and another which i forgot..
The prescribed tabs I'm having now are Ganaton OD n Sucralfate syrup..
Forgot the name of the other tab, will post here soon..

As for now the hiccups have stopped, but condition was really bad last night, i was supposedly boiling even in B'lore's cool weather, also lost all strength, even to stand up~.. Its supposed to be a side effect of Chlorpromazine, but now things seem alrite..

I feel you man, accute hiccups are among my top 3 bodily discomforts:

1. Having to get up to pee in the middle of a deep REM sleep :p.
2. Hiccups
3. Cold showers in the winter.

Glad to know that you are better now mate. Chlorpromazine is effective for incessant hiccups. Like delhiboy said, the other drug must have been a PPI for acidity.

Back