Any marketing people here? Have a small question regarding prmoting something offline

Hey

Say I have a website cum mobile app . Can't share details about the app, but the application is only relevant for a small area/city and is unique and hopefully useful for a number of different people.

I don't think I'll have the budget to promote it in the whole city, so thinking of promoting it in small area, say 1 km diameter. So I assume offline advertising is my only avenue ...

One important aspect of the website is that it might need 'content creators/providers', it will first need to be advertised to people who can put content into the site, Before it is advertised to users who will use it.

Questions :
What are the possible channels for offline marketing in a Indian city ? flyers etc
How much can I expect the marketing to cost ? I know I am not sharing much details.... but 5k ? 10k ? 50k ?
Is there any where I can go to get some professional advise on this ? online OR offline

I am very serious about this project btw, my past projects have taught me how important marketing is...

Thanks

Rope in the different stakeholders associated with your app. For instance, if your app involves shopkeepers local to an area, go and talk to them personally and build a rapport. Then ask them to advertise your app for some incentives...

The options of mass distribution of pamphlets is always there...

Last edited:
Rope in the different shareholders associated with your app
That's going to be 'tricky' in my case. Since, a part of the marketing job is discovering potential partners/shareholders.

Any estimates on how much pamphlets method would cost - say for one pincode in a large indian city?

btw I just checked, google adwords has option for advertising in particular pincodes as well...so that's an option too.

That's going to be 'tricky' in my case. Since, a part of the marketing job is discovering potential partners/shareholders.

Any estimates on how much pamphlets method would cost - say for one pincode in a large indian city?

btw I just checked, google adwords has option for advertising in particular pincodes as well...so that's an option too.
What's your app all about?

Also, unless you are apple, ideally, you should first research the market taking into account your target market(stakeholders) and then develop the app/product satisfying their needs. Not the other way round :p
.so you should have a list of stakeholders...

Last edited:
target market(shareholders)
ok this much I think I should share - The app is about connecting these 2-

a) content creators ( partners ) - I am referring to these as 'shareholders'
b) target audience - Anybody and Everybody

First I want to target to people who can be potential 'partners' . This is the tricky part... since they have to be 'discovered'

My sister is a MBA in marketing . tell me what you need in simpler language so that I can convey

Thats nice of you, but I think I should consult some marketing agency directly..
Any suggestions to one that caters to small businesses?

Flyers do work but it depends on nature of business and work. You havent mentioned much so difficult to say if it can work for content.
You can do google ads just targeting the city.
If there is a local newspaper which has lot of presence, you can put an ad in that
Door to door can work if you hire a company for that or get few local people to do that. You could speak to RWA and do it officially.
Putting up a stall/ flex banners in local market is another option.

You can pm if you need specific inputs.

I feel that ads on a popular local newspaper or two which is/are the most circulated would be the best and cost-effective for you. Front-page color if you have more!
Agree with the flex banners, they are cheap.
I wouldn't recommend flyers tbh, people love to throw them everywhere, a messy affair. Reminds me of DU elections. :/

Back