any MTNL NU users here ??? share ur expiriences plz...

guys after a long stint with my 450 rupees 2mbps UL internet, it went kaput on 3rd january :( ( earlier ISP )
no more 2mbps @ tat price for me..

have already applied for mtnl 2mbps line ...
they say it shall take a month to get it activated ... (doesnt matter)

wat i want to know is, how is everyone`s expirience with this plan ??

i just dont want to get overcharged :(
i have already bought a D-link 502t router for the triband line...
any scripts/tweaks for it ?

if anyone can guide me through the process of installing this connection... plz do.
PLZ GUIDE ME ...

I would say, you made a good decision in going for MTNL NU.

However, if you could get your modem/reouter replaced with something else it would be better as the D-Link modem doesnt respond well to batch scripts after a few hours from reboot, this is if you want to use router rebooting scripts to reboot the router once after 12:00 and once before 8:00 am.

But then again, thats my experience. Others prolly feel different.

Why with MTNL, when Reliance Wimax Unlimited for 750/- + taxes? at least what I hear with reliance you will get 256 if choose 256 plan, with MTNL i'm getting 25kbs for 256 plan. I don't have ANY option so stick with MTNL.

spacenoxx said:
I would say, you made a good decision in going for MTNL NU.

However, if you could get your modem/reouter replaced with something else it would be better as the D-Link modem doesnt respond well to batch scripts after a few hours from reboot, this is if you want to use router rebooting scripts to reboot the router once after 12:00 and once before 8:00 am.

But then again, thats my experience. Others prolly feel different.

which modem should i buy then ??

plz lemme know :)

i am on mtnl NU in delhi..its a good plan and speeds are steady at 2MBPs. however if there is problem in line it takes time to get it repaired..having the contact no. of local lines men is of help in that case..note their no. when they come to install..

i am using their wifi modem they provided ..decent enough for me

i have the Dlink 502-T and the 849 NU plan.The modem is fine and no major problems with it so far,i've had it for around two years.I use the bridge mode ,batch scripts and the windows scheduler to schedule downloading and it works perfectly.

Emperor said:
Why with MTNL, when Reliance Wimax Unlimited for 750/- + taxes? at least what I hear with reliance you will get 256 if choose 256 plan, with MTNL i'm getting 25kbs for 256 plan. I don't have ANY option so stick with MTNL.
256 Kbps=30 KBps, so the speed you are getting is correct.

titana said:
i am on mtnl NU in delhi..its a good plan and speeds are steady at 2MBPs. however if there is problem in line it takes time to get it repaired..having the contact no. of local lines men is of help in that case..note their no. when they come to install..

i am using their wifi modem they provided ..decent enough for me

i am gettin the same modem...
plz help me when the line gets activated @ my place !!

regards

any more expiriences ppl ???

Dinesh.
nothing to worry about. Ive been using NU for more than 2 years now
to not get overcharged, ->
Scripts for rebooting the router as well as briged mode connections can help u to setup ur downloading.
try to avoid puting downloads in NU period on 1st and last date of any month. MTNL's software is most crappy, and i think they have some really @%@!% rules on these 2 dates.
if u are going to be around the PC at 12 night and also at around 8, manualy switch on-off the modem once.
im using dlink 502 t modem. i m not sure which one MTNL provides nowadays.
get urself a better modem+wi-fi router, and disable the wi-fi if u dont use it.
I find MTNL NU to be a good plan but their Customer Support is ridiculous.

shotgun said:
Dinesh.
nothing to worry about. Ive been using NU for more than 2 years now
to not get overcharged, ->
Scripts for rebooting the router as well as briged mode connections can help u to setup ur downloading.
try to avoid puting downloads in NU period on 1st and last date of any month. MTNL's software is most crappy, and i think they have some really @%@!% rules on these 2 dates.
if u are going to be around the PC at 12 night and also at around 8, manualy switch on-off the modem once.
im using dlink 502 t modem. i m not sure which one MTNL provides nowadays.
get urself a better modem+wi-fi router, and disable the wi-fi if u dont use it.
I find MTNL NU to be a good plan but their Customer Support is ridiculous.
i am thinkin of gettin the D-Link DIR 300G wireless router..

does it also support scripting ???

i have 3 devices @ my home which are wi fi enabled.. it`ll help me if i can configure it rite :)

regards

if u already have a 502 modem.. scripting would be required on that.

wi-fi router is just an add on to you modem, i dont think u need to do any scripting on that anyways. but this will depend how u want to setup your network. most likely, ur 3 devices will connect to this wi-fi router, and u need to control the adsl modem for internet access.

instead of buying 2 separate boxes, you could have bought a single unit which has both, the modem and the wi-fi router. like the DSL 2640.

Experience with it for over one year has been overwhelming. From my earlier el shitty Pacenet, this was a joyride for me. Never faced any downtimes or disconnections. Speeds are pretty consistent too. Only the wait period for getting a new connection is painful task.

shotgun said:
if u already have a 502 modem.. scripting would be required on that.

wi-fi router is just an add on to you modem, i dont think u need to do any scripting on that anyways. but this will depend how u want to setup your network. most likely, ur 3 devices will connect to this wi-fi router, and u need to control the adsl modem for internet access.

instead of buying 2 separate boxes, you could have bought a single unit which has both, the modem and the wi-fi router. like the DSL 2640.

is it necessary to have one wired modem ??
or this Dlink DIR-300 can do the job of both ??

D-Link Australia & New Zealand - DIR-300

available for 1900 bucks with 1yr warranty

is it ok ?

DIR 300 is just a router. it will do 50% of ur job.
MTNL provides ADSL Line, you require a modem to connect and use the line.
hence you need Modem + Router. without a modem, u cant use MTNL triband

shotgun said:
DIR 300 is just a router. it will do 50% of ur job.
MTNL provides ADSL Line, you require a modem to connect and use the line.
hence you need Modem + Router. without a modem, u cant use MTNL triband

matlab D-link 502 is a necessity :(

??

arre buy that other dlink DSL 2640 na!
that has wi-fi + modem.
you will get similar products in other brands also, like linksys, netgear, buffy...

offcourse u can then dump the 502!

GOood news guys...

my MTNL triband line will get connected before 6th feb.

but that leads me to another problem :(

which ADSL+2 modem should i buy ?

it should be the best on price performance ratio...

kindly help :)

PS:

budget is 2k

btw dlink 502t is available at my area for 1350... but i heard lots of bugs stay in it :(

^^ welcome to the NU club.

I have 502T. It does get extremely hot in summers, but apart from that I am yet to encounter any bug with it.

But also, it is possible that because I have no experience with any other router, I may not be aware of the goodness that lies beyond 502T. :p

Back