any MTNL NU users here ??? share ur expiriences plz...

I got my router from MTNL and its working perfectly for me. Plus if your MTNL somehow goes down and you complain they first ask you which router you have? If you tell them some other than company's name other than theirs then they blame it on your router and ask you to double check on it.

My 2 cents.

morgoth said:
^^ welcome to the NU club.

I have 502T. It does get extremely hot in summers, but apart from that I am yet to encounter any bug with it.

But also, it is possible that because I have no experience with any other router, I may not be aware of the goodness that lies beyond 502T. :p

wht is the rent for the same ??
they also charge 200 more naa in form of safety etc ?

morgoth said:
^^ welcome to the NU club.

I have 502T. It does get extremely hot in summers, but apart from that I am yet to encounter any bug with it.

But also, it is possible that because I have no experience with any other router, I may not be aware of the goodness that lies beyond 502T. :p
Ditto. I have been using the same router for around a year & a half. No issues whatsoever.

@Dinesh: Don't rent the modem. Buy one outright for like 1.3k. Not sure about the price but IIRC GLB-502T is out of production. Just double check it though. No use renting it from MTNL.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
wht is the rent for the same ??

they also charge 200 more naa in form of safety etc ?

There is a Rs 500/- deposit (Rs. 800/- for wireless ADSL+router) and a Rs 50/- per month rent.

If you book under the unlimited usage scheme, you don't pay any rent. I think even the deposit is waived.

I use MTNL's ADSL modem and am quite happy with it. As someone said before me, it becomes a single point responsibility for MTNL to fix the problem if one occurs. If it were your own modem, they might be able to pass the buck.

BTW they supplied me with a 4 port modem without extra charge.

Emil said:
There is a Rs 500/- deposit (Rs. 800/- for wireless ADSL+router) and a Rs 50/- per month rent.
If you book under the unlimited usage scheme, you don't pay any rent. I think even the deposit is waived.
I use MTNL's ADSL modem and am quite happy with it. As someone said before me, it becomes a single point responsibility for MTNL to fix the problem if one occurs. If it were your own modem, they might be able to pass the buck.
BTW they supplied me with a 4 port modem without extra charge.

but there is sone safe custody charge of 100 bucks...
do they really charge that ??

and again the same question :
which modem to buy to have sleepful nights ?

kindly suggest

err..i just checked the tariffs a few days back and there was no message unlike earlier where it mentioned u hav to turn off n on ur router ..

so mayb u can sleepwell after all...

Speedz said:
err..i just checked the tariffs a few days back and there was no message unlike earlier where it mentioned u hav to turn off n on ur router ..

so mayb u can sleepwell after all...

i wish wat u are saying becomes reality ....

can someone else confirm plz :D

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
btw dlink 502t is available at my area for 1350... but i heard lots of bugs stay in it :(

Dlink 502T is master piece (this is what local cable net guy explained it to me), I used it for last 2.5 years NEVER HEAD any problem from device. :hap2:

There some complaint about Dlink GLB-502T but the same model I'm using from past 18 days had no problem with it so far. :hap2:

iball batton good Routers with 3 years Warranty. :)

Emperor said:
Dlink 502T is master piece (this is what local cable net guy explained it to me), I used it for last 2.5 years NEVER HEAD any problem from device. :hap2:

There some complaint about Dlink GLB-502T but the same model I'm using from past 18 days had no problem with it so far. :hap2:

iball batton good Routers with 3 years Warranty. :)

iball batton supports bridge mode and other features ???

Well guys ...

got today MTNL MT 882 router !!!

any help regarding the above will be appreciated :)

the first problem that i am facin thru it is not port forwarding :(

nothin seems to work ! !

also someone help with scheduling my downloads..

lemme know various options tat i have for the same modem !

kindly respond !

i dont want to end up paying more than i must :(

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
iball batton supports bridge mode and other features ???

I think Yes!

I'm really sorry that forget about this thread. Iball baton router is really a good product, while testing I even do not requires to do any changes with MTNL connection & have LOTS OF options compare to 502T.

Emperor said:
I think Yes!

I'm really sorry that forget about this thread. Iball baton router is really a good product, while testing I even do not requires to do any changes with MTNL connection & have LOTS OF options compare to 502T.

i alraedy got MTNL MT 882 router....

someone help me configure it so that this PSU doesnt loot me yaar

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Well guys ...
got today MTNL MT 882 router !!!

any help regarding the above will be appreciated :)

the first problem that i am facin thru it is not port forwarding :(

nothin seems to work ! !

also someone help with scheduling my downloads..

lemme know various options tat i have for the same modem !

kindly respond !

i dont want to end up paying more than i must :(

I have the same router. You have to enable port forwarding manually.
go to -->> 192.168.1.1
user ID : admin
psswd : 12345 [check it i don't remember exactly]

advanced tab >> UPnP >> check enable upnp.
now port forwarding will not be a problem. U'll get 2mbps speed on torrents(private).

re-Start/reset ur modem at or after 12:05am. And switch-off the modem at or before 7:55am.
I've not figured out yet how to shut the modem off, but u can shutdown the PC using auto-shutdown.
IMPORTANT!! : Remember to switch-off the modem at or before 7:55am everyday or it'll be credited in your account.or ull end up with 200/300mb for 1 hour(if u downloaded throughout the night)

Make sure you keep yourself updated on usage information between monthly billing dates. It should not cross 1250mb/month.

aman.pitbull said:
I have the same router. You have to enable port forwarding manually.

go to -->> 192.168.1.1

user ID : admin

psswd : 12345 [check it i don't remember exactly]

advanced tab >> UPnP >> check enable upnp.

now port forwarding will not be a problem. U'll get 2mbps speed on torrents(private).

re-Start/reset ur modem at or after 12:05am. And switch-off the modem at or before 7:55am.

I've not figured out yet how to shut the modem off, but u can shutdown the PC using auto-shutdown.

IMPORTANT!! : Remember to switch-off the modem at or before 7:55am everyday or it'll be credited in your account.or ull end up with 200/300mb for 1 hour(if u downloaded throughout the night)

Make sure you keep yourself updated on usage information between monthly billing dates. It should not cross 1250mb/month.

no more port forwarding required as of now ....

i am on bridge mode :)

btw...

it is ok na just to shut down the modem ?

or is it necessary to restart ??

i.e at or before 7:50am... (i have scheduled my pc to shut down @ 7:45am via auto shutdown pro ....) which will eventually lead to the ppoe connection to close ...

one more thing...

y u not using bridge mode ?

I didn't understand what bridge mode is so was using standard mode as long as I'm using a single PC and get full 2mbps speeds.

Yes, it is ok to shut down the modem. No need to restart it as it starts a new session.

aman.pitbull said:
I didn't understand what bridge mode is so was using standard mode as long as I'm using a single PC and get full 2mbps speeds.

Yes, it is ok to shut down the modem. No need to restart it as it starts a new session.

hey...

actually even i was quite unsure abt bridge mode... but after using it, i have found it to be the best solution for triband lines.

do one thing... i am pm`n u my cell number. give me a call , i`ll explain. (as we both have same modems)

PS:

to others ---->

can i add scrips for this modem to be extra sure that it shuts off @ the time i want ?

Back