Any quick guides on AIR purifier purchasing?

Make sure you get one that uses a HEPA filter, I would say. Without a HEPA filter it's not doing much purifying. Also, see how much replacement filters are - if you run it 24/7 you'll be replacing the filter every 6 months at the latest (depends on filter & purifier also). ?

I have a Phillips AC1215, but it seems to be more expensive now than when I got it. I believe I purchased it for around 8000 rupees two years ago. How much is your budget?

recently got a winix 5500-2 with hepa filter. works autonomously an i never touched it since. quietest for bedroom. highly recommended.

Make sure you get one that uses a HEPA filter, I would say. Without a HEPA filter it's not doing much purifying. Also, see how much replacement filters are - if you run it 24/7 you'll be replacing the filter every 6 months at the latest (depends on filter & purifier also). ?

I have a Phillips AC1215, but it seems to be more expensive now than when I got it. I believe I purchased it for around 8000 rupees two years ago. How much is your budget?
Budget about 16k.

I would suggest you to go to local Purifier shop and get it assembled according to your needs. It will cost you half the price of branded Purifiers. I am using locally assembled Purifier for several years and a regular yearly service from assembler takes care of everything.

Budget about 16k.
For a tiny room, I think you can spend less and get one for 6-10k. Testing/reviewing purifiers is tough because although you can test whether the purifier's internal sensor is accurate, to test its efficacy properly you need advanced equipment. Most reviews I've seen online, people have tested with electronic PM2.5 testers. That kind of testing is sufficient if your main worry is industrial/vehicular air pollution. But if you're worried about allergens and VOCs (dangerous gases) then you might want to spend more money on a high-quality one and seek out in-depth reviews.

I would suggest you to go to local Purifier shop and get it assembled according to your needs. It will cost you half the price of branded Purifiers. I am using locally assembled Purifier for several years and a regular yearly service from assembler takes care of everything.
I didn't know that was a thing. If the day-to-day air pollution we face in cities is your main worry, that should be fine. The basic operation of small home purifiers is very simple, it's just forcing air through a prefilter and HEPA filter. You might want to change the HEPA filter more often than once a year though, if you run it most of the day. And remember to clean your prefilter regularly. Or maybe that's just for people in Delhi

My brother bought Xiaomi's Mi Air purifier 3 and he is very happy with it. Most of the reviews at Mi.com are moderated aggressively and you won't find any negative reviews there. I would suggest you to check some youtube reviews. Personally, I find Xiaomi's purifier better than other brands.

Back