Audio Any views on the SMSL SD793-II based DAC | AMP ?

I don't have that particular model, I do have the smsl sap2 which is the matching headphone amp and some similarly priced Chinese dacs ( fx audio dac x6 and m6). Build quality is gorgeous, components used are top shelf branded stuff, but sound quality is pretty average. May be an upgrade to a very cheap realtek, but not any better than most phone outputs or decent onboards, and nowhere near my qudelix 5k or es100

In that case I'll just save my money and use the FiiO E10K that I have. Thanks for your input my friend, appreciate it.

It is OOS right now. I got a dead unit and they replaced it without issues.

Good value.

Yes, it did come in stock on Amazon a few days back for 15k-ish. Will keep checking.

Sorry.....didn't understand your post, I don't own one so no bragging rights for me, maybe you thought I'm some one else by mistake.
I was talking about the price, not addressing you (or anyone else) directly mate. :)

In that case I'll just save my money and use the FiiO E10K that I have. Thanks for your input my friend, appreciate it.

Yes, it did come in stock on Amazon a few days back for 15k-ish. Will keep checking.
One more thing to add, they do push decent amount of power. If you're looking for a budget combo dac then they are decent value. As a stand alone dac, not much.

Sorry.....didn't understand your post, I don't own one so no bragging rights for me, maybe you thought I'm some one else by mistake.
Take it as a joke buddy :)
I too 've read about quality control issues with topping, I hope they're resolved now.
Are you looking for a dac/amp combo or just a amp ?, don't know what's your budget but as suggested by red dragon topping A90 is a very good and powerful amplifier.
I think L30 is not the best solution, you can also try topping's new A30pro amplifier selling for 30k, it's like younger brother of A90.
If you just want an amp only avoid Aune x1s pro, no doubt its a beautiful looking dac/amp combo but it's slightly warmish sounding Dac with a mediocre amp.
1624083766758.png

They have QC issues with this one too. D30 pro.

I was the idiot who bought the A90..but it was around 450 EUR, and THX789 was just 50EUR less at that time.
And it's a much better amp compared to 789 (the typical sharp edged sound of THX in general..I'm kind of a treble head, but THX takes it too far)
But yes, these things are all grossly overpriced. A90 is possibly the only amp you will ever need in a lifetime with any headphones, but it's just an amp.
If A90+D90 were under 500 EUR, it would have been a great deal ( sonically better than any Schiit stack)
I must not think about another DAC amp combo...have more than enough.
Guess we all have a soft spot for Fiio products, still love their stuff...it's not only the sound but the olden memories attached to them.

I was the idiot who bought the A90..but it was around 450 EUR, and THX789 was just 50EUR less at that time.
And it's a much better amp compared to 789 (the typical sharp edged sound of THX in general..I'm kind of a treble head, but THX takes it too far)
But yes, these things are all grossly overpriced. A90 is possibly the only amp you will ever need in a lifetime with any headphones, but it's just an amp.
If A90+D90 were under 500 EUR, it would have been a great deal ( sonically better than any Schiit stack)
I must not think about another DAC amp combo...have more than enough.
Guess we all have a soft spot for Fiio products, still love their stuff...it's not only the sound but the olden memories attached to them.

Yes correct! I do as well and my first HP Amp was a FiiO E5 which I bought from a well known TE Dealer Amarbir Singh (Lynx India) back in the day. Probably more than a decade ago now! I used to carry that Amp (had a very nice clip on it's back) and it was a great companion in many of my long flight trips.

I recently bought 2 FiiO products on a whim. Just to try them out... :)

Back