Any way of getting iphone 3g from us for 99$?

4m!7

Adept
as the title says!
can i get an iphone 3g shipped from us 99$ or so??
me and my friend are looking forward to buy this phone,
can any 1 help us out?

thebanik said:
If you know anyone who works for fedex then you can get iphone 3G shipped for 99$...

Yeah if he manages to steal one :p ... anyway you cant get it for $99, you'll have to sign a contract to get it and paying some amt as contract termination charges + activation charges etc, this has been discussed many time before :)

iPhone 99 $ in US comes with contract which a person needs to pay extra in order to terminate the contract.

It's not possible to grab in 99 $.

AT & T pays huge sum to Apple which AT & T takes from customers via contract.

amitmishra12 said:
as the title says!
can i get an iphone 3g shipped from us 99$ or so??
me and my friend are looking forward to buy this phone,
can any 1 help us out?

It will cost the same as buying it unlocked when it comes to India since you have to pay for contract termination(otherwise they will sue you or your friend whose name is there on the contract) and unlocking.

Considering one goes for the contract, what does he pay initially when he gets the so called $99 phone. What if someone just gets the contract and gets the phone and then leaves the country without paying any early termination fee and all that. Then later on he can get it unlocked.
IS it possible ?
Just asking.

raksrules said:
Considering one goes for the contract, what does he pay initially when he gets the so called $99 phone. What if someone just gets the contract and gets the phone and then leaves the country without paying any early termination fee and all that. Then later on he can get it unlocked.
IS it possible ?
Just asking.
well, first he will require a SSN. then as long as he has a credit history, he wont be paying much initially. else $500 deposit

making SSN required pretty much nullifies any chances of any one buying the phone and disappearing. plus even if you have a SSN and dont hv a a credit history you will end up paying deposit

recently ive been hearing about REBEL SIM card.

will this be an advantage for the ones who are getting unlocked phones from abroad.

Will it work for 3G~S also?

how much would that generally cost.

TECH HUNTER said:
recently ive been hearing about REBEL SIM card.

will this be an advantage for the ones who are getting unlocked phones from abroad.

If you're getting unlocked phone, then why would you need Rebel SIM?? :p

Anyway, I think you meant, locked phones... I don't see any particular advantage over software-unlock... just that those who can't do soft-unlocking or skeptical (or scared about giving phone to someone for unlock with their private data on it)... for those people it might be more convenient way.

So far, no idea if it will work with 3GS, theoretically it should work... well, theoretically, even software unlock should work to some extent... but unless you see confirmed report of either of it happening, no idea if it will work.

raksrules said:
IS it possible ?
Just asking.

I think it is doable if the person does not plan on entering the USA ever again in his life. That is what one of my colleagues did.. he was working there and came here after getting the pink slip but spent 5000-6000$ on credit card and did not pay.. saala he is lucky.

wht if the person buys the iphone for 99$ or 199$ whtever n claims the phone got stollen then he can unlock n use it ..........
dnt u thnk this is possible !!!!!!!!!!!!

blackheart said:
wht if the person buys the iphone for 99$ or 199$ whtever n claims the phone got stollen then he can unlock n use it ..........

dnt u thnk this is possible !!!!!!!!!!!!

AT&Ts agreement does not include replacement for stolen iPhones unless you take your own insurance on phone and personal property... if you lose the phone you have to pay early termination fee or the entire unsubsidised price of the phone to get out of the contract.. if you don't want to get out of the contract pay 80-90 dollars every month for the next 2 years for a "stolen" iphone. :D

there are many people who discussed this on mac forums when iphone had come out in 2007.. I think AT&T ppl must have read all these different tricks and tactics and changed their policy...

Back