Any YOUTELECOM broadband users here?

jumbo5

Adept
I've the unlimited plan.

I find the speed very slow since last month, do you?

The whole of 2007 was great in terms of downloading speed, but its kinda slow since last month.

Howz the TATAINDICOM's unlimited plan - 128kb/s- rs.650

i have had you tele since almost a year now. it sux. period. i tried all the possible plans available. 256k, 512k, 2mb etc. browsing is slow. upload sux bigtime. max download speed on any scheme goes to a max of 5- 8kb. thats just not acceptable. so ive kept it as a backup connection right now.

using tata 256k unlimited & its very nice. constant 27-30kb download & good browsing speeds.

I had a really bad experience as well. Weekends was literally 50-60% packet loss. Even weekdays there was 20-25% loss till late evenings although speeds seemed OK 3 months back but weekends, it was just 2-3KB/s all day and night. I asked for a temporary suspension @ Rs. 50 a month in Jan and paid them accordingly but they keep on sending me full bills for every month. I have asked for a complete disconnection close to a month back and there's no sign of them yet. They have systems in place which don't seem to work.

Look at Reliance Wimax if you want the connection for browsing and downloading. So far, I've had no issues although I'd like better pings.

There is a packet loss issue that they've been struggling with (causing really slow torrent downloads, so maybe it's intentional), and the service is quite erratic in terms of both speed and uptime. The connection sometimes drops without warning, and it's usually in the evenings or weekends when you are actually using the connection to surf. I'm using a 192kbps unlimited connection at home, which I got a rocking deal on. That deal ends in March, and then I'm probably looking elsewhere - don't yet know where.

I am using YOU TELECOM (ahmedabad) from mid of novemeber.Initially i have unlimited plan @ 96Kbps @ 510 monthly rental. I was getting 10-11 kbps dowloading speed for torrent. recently I have upgraded my unlimited plan to 192Kbps @ 710 monthly. I am getting 18-21kbps download speed for torrent. for http download i m getting 20-21kbps..my torrent upload speed is 25-27kbps(the best case scenerio)- the customer care service is good.
---
I heard a lot abt TATA INDICOM NIGHT UNLIMITED PLAN-I dont know the service quality of TATA in ahmedabad.

Me too using YOU's 192 kbps unlimited coz I found these people cheating with download limits on the usage based plans.

Getting to the point ,speeds aren't good, specially in the evening. Still I do get ~ 16-18 KBps during off time .I had switched from Sify, so I can say for sure that this is definitely better than Sify, with whom packet loss was a constant problem.

YouTele is good. I was totally frustrated using Sify. I have beed using YOU for the past one year, i am happy with it.

Good:

hardly any downtime

support is excellent

no port problem

static ip (a disadvantage for some)

Bad:

for some reason, browsing is always slow.

modem not as easily available as adsl router

sujit801 said:
YouTele is good. I was totally frustrated using Sify. I have beed using YOU for the past one year, i am happy with it.

Good:
hardly any downtime
support is excellent
no port problem
static ip (a disadvantage for some)

Bad:
for some reason, browsing is always slow.
modem not as easily available as adsl router
Which youtele plan do u have??

I get a speed of 3kb/s for rapidshare downloads. :mad:

i've got a 192kbps ul plan, it runs at dialup speeds, so its my basic browsing connection, i have a tata indicom connection for my heavy downloads

I have not seen anything above 11kBps on Youtele

i am YOUtelecom internet USER.

YOUTELE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my plan is 96kbps unlimited plan for 450+ modem charges .

i have shared modem so tot goes to rs 568/-

here is my story:

from past 2 months i m getting such speed

browsing speed 20kbps.

download speed 2-4 kbps.

I am tired calling customer care ,have spended twice the package amount in calling those jerks.

those ass tell me that soon engineers will come and will solve the prob

no one arrives,ultimately i had to call once again call center and asked to transfer the line to manager.

gave him all the badwords and also threten him that i will call media and get political backup.

so fianally on sunday one engineer arrived and told that there is problem in my PC.

I mean they were not accepting there faults

so when i went really bad and showed them that my PC is too good and showed them that its prob from there side .then they started saying modem is not getting required power.

might be as my net goes completely down some times

that time i had no words .

I have made my plan to use this bullshit till this month next time i will be back to sify or will MTNL tri band.

predatorvj said:
i am YOUtelecom internet USER.
YOUTELE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my plan is 96kbps unlimited plan for 450+ modem charges .
i have shared modem so tot goes to rs 568/-
here is my story:

from past 2 months i m getting such speed
browsing speed 20kbps.
download speed 2-4 kbps.
I am tired calling customer care ,have spended twice the package amount in calling those jerks.
those ass tell me that soon engineers will come and will solve the prob
no one arrives,ultimately i had to call once again call center and asked to transfer the line to manager.
gave him all the badwords and also threten him that i will call media and get political backup.
so fianally on sunday one engineer arrived and told that there is problem in my PC.
I mean they were not accepting there faults
so when i went really bad and showed them that my PC is too good and showed them that its prob from there side .then they started saying modem is not getting required power.
might be as my net goes completely down some times
that time i had no words .
I have made my plan to use this bullshit till this month next time i will be back to sify or will MTNL tri band.

Paste ur above experience in the following sites also -

YOU broadband

India Broadband Forum

!!.....i have youtele 96 unlimited plan since 1 year. If u had experienced the 2007 internet speed of youtele then u would have bitterly cursed the speed of youtele since last month as truly 2007 was the best speed with youtelecom.But 2008 the tables turned.
I made several calls to these guys, mails...(even to the nodal oficer and appelate suthority)..their engg visited me twice.He just took a snapshot of the speed and mailed it to their back office.He said he cant do anything else other than this.I've to wait for their call.
I have 96kb/s plan, so i divide 96 by 8 = 12kb/s...that is the speed i should get. I get a speed of 4kb/s for rapidshare .
Finally, as this matter grew serious their manager called me.She spent half an hour on the phone explaining there is nothing wrong with this speed. I said i should get 12kb/s then y am i getting 4kb/s?. She said there must be traffic. I said dont give me shitty reasons, if theres traffic its ur duty to rectify all that. she told me u'll get good speed at night. @ that response i didnt kno wat to do. whether to cry or laugh. i suddenly started laughing, i said then i would have opted for the NIGHT plan only.
Anyway, the long chat was no use. I've stopped downloading from rapidshare,megashare,megaupload in the morning.I'm not thinking of switching, cos i'm sure this must be the scene for all UNLIMITED plan users on any service.
All these service providers r 'PEARLS OF THE SAME NECKLACE' , They r misers when it comes to bandwidth distribution for UNLIMITED users.This exploitation will go on for few years more unless n until there is a stringent act by the govt.

why dont you switch over to airtel or mtnl if they are available in your area

their u/l plans are much more consistent

A picture speaks a thousand words.

This is 30 second time interval capture of a Linux distro torrent downloading on March 19. The modem resetted itself something like 50 times in two hours. The longest period of connectivity was two minutes.

Any idea which would be a good ISP in the Bandra area in Mumbai? I'm kinda sick of these jokers.

Attachments

• you.jpg
    you.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 162
Back