Anybody else get burnt out while gaming?

I was making 200 kills in CS in the morning and 200 in the evening. I was pure addict of the games of that time.

One day I had a realization. I don't have memories of playing games. I mean I knew I was playing games but my brain didn't think to keep nitty gritty details in the memory. That part of the time is completely blank in my brain. Watching movies, listening to music, books, hiking, going out with friends, travelling etc all these things create memories and emotions that your brain remembers. Gaming is sorta like jerking off, it doesn't create any memories of the process. I felt like I wasted my years playing games. And it's not like games are getting boring they are getting rather good. I'm not against entertainment and I choose to get it by other means.

Anyway, that's my personal opinion about my own gaming.
I was addicted to COD4 in the similar way and I realised this aswell. I wasn't feeling happy after playing and yet I always wanted to play more. Hence I stopped playing anything competitive like that years ago. The online gaming scene became too toxic for me to derive fun out of it.

Now I mostly play couch co-ops and single player heavily story driven games on easiest difficulty.

Really liked Tomb Raider 2013, looking forward to play the other recent Tomb Raiders.

6m8x07.jpg

I was addicted to COD4 in the similar way and I realised this aswell. I wasn't feeling happy after playing and yet I always wanted to play more. Hence I stopped playing anything competitive like that years ago. The online gaming scene became too toxic for me to derive fun out of it.

Now I mostly play couch co-ops and single player heavily story driven games on easiest difficulty.

Really liked Tomb Raider 2013, looking forward to play the other recent Tomb Raiders.

Online games, especially the ones that are popular for being toxic are now only fun when youre playing with people you already know. Even then schedules and interests get in the way of having actual fun.

Mutiplayers games are only fun for me when playing with my pals. But now all of us prefer single player games or sometimes play coop games.
Tomb raider series is very good you will like the other two games as well.

Mutiplayers games are only fun for me when playing with my pals. But now all of us prefer single player games or sometimes play coop games.
Tomb raider series is very good you will like the other two games as well.
I have started Uncharted the lost legacy recently, really enjoying it.

Last year finished Overcooked 1, 2 and the DLCs with my SO. It was great fun. Looking for similar games, any suggestions?

I have started Uncharted the lost legacy recently, really enjoying it.

Last year finished Overcooked 1, 2 and the DLCs with my SO. It was great fun. Looking for similar games, any suggestions?
You should go for it takes two. It's a really great game. You can also try a way out and brothers a tale of two sons. They are similar in nature as they can only be played by two players only. But out of the three you will enjoy it takes 2 a lot more.
You can also look for operation tango (don't know whether it's local coop).

You should go for it takes two. It's a really great game. You can also try a way out and brothers a tale of two sons. They are similar in nature as they can only be played by two players only. But out of the three you will enjoy it takes 2 a lot more.
You can also look for operation tango (don't know whether it's local coop).
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We have played It Takes Two till a few levels. Don't remember why we stopped. Will resume tomorrow. Thanks.

We finished Brothers few years ago, it was a nice experience. Recently installed A Way Out but never got to try it.

The Steam page for Operation Tango shows Online Co-Op only but will sure check out some gameplay videos.

Should we create a co-op thread here on TE?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We have played It Takes Two till a few levels. Don't remember why we stopped. Will resume tomorrow. Thanks.

We finished Brothers few years ago, it was a nice experience. Recently installed A Way Out but never got to try it.

The Steam page for Operation Tango shows Online Co-Op only but will sure check out some gameplay videos.

Should we create a co-op thread here on TE?
A coop thread would be nice if you are looking for games or players to play with.

Back