Anybody under the BSNL UL750 Plan, Reviews Please

Well, for both ISPs its unlimited for this speed...

In those locations where BSNL is good, its good, else BSNL sucks in most of the places, i mean connection wise and downtimes are like horrible...
And if ever ur line goes down, well then Screamer u'll have to scream to get it back but still then no one can hear ur screams from BSNL...:p
Dats the problem with Sarkari thingy...:bleh:

Even if Airtel did introduce FUP, but none the less it was the one on whom most of TE relied far more than BSNL or any other ISP...
Only bcoz of zero downtime in nearly all areas and excellent CC...

The anger that is now is all coz of FUP...I wish Airtel understands that...Take me, i disconnected my connection on hearing about FUP but now i am coming back for reconnection...

BTW, have u ever faced BSNL stupid billing jokes...
For instance, My friend took a BSNL connection last to last month with plan 750UL and then when the first month bill came, it was written Home 500 and the bill was Rs. 8000/...
After that a series of letters and applications and running from here to there, but still nothin coz its Sarkari...:bleh:

So, I would suggest to take a look at the service of BSNL broadband in ur area and then go for it if it is good...And also be sure what u are billed for...Either enquire with CC before hoping on to browsing...:) Better if u have some relatives in ur local BSNL office...:p

In other words, stay with Airtel...:)

Nah man ..

I did had my apprehensions first but still went with it.

I had seen ppl in noida cribbing abt airtel connection so thought heck, a hassle is a hassle .. and i went with BSNL.

No doubt i knew abt CC thingy but again had heard abt airtel's downtime in certain sectors (as u too mentioned, take a look regarding the ISP in ur area ) so BSNL it was.

I have heard abt the issues of Billing but only where ppl had taken up 500 plan and i went to UL plan.. good choice and peace of mind.

Folks argued u ll get good speed with 500 plan, i said i know BSNL's antics a bit better and made them shut up. They still got their tongue glued. :)

What u said aint untrue, but yeah service in my area has been good. and i dont need to think abt airtel even for once, cuz what i had expected was a tacky service with lil improvement over the time maybe (Courtesy Sarkari tag) but BSNL stumped quite a few.

Even when my router adapter got fried due to voltage spikes, i went to their office and handed the adapter, they Exchanged it.. Free of cost.

i Never had to utter a word ki my uncle's mausi's son's neighbour is ur Head officer...now that was bliss.

As u did mentioned, check the service in area.. cuz for every one person who had a faulty billing , there are many a satisfied customers out there.

Regarding the viewpoints,... To each his own bro.. to each his own :)

i was n NU500 plan thanks to my sis utube streaming bill came 2 3.5k then from 8 -9 months using Ul256kpps miss my 2 mbps one...it takes atleast 15+ hours to download a 700mb movie via torrents BTW i keep 40 torrents seeding and downloadin some 5 at a time...

Torrent speeds : 28-31kBps
RS link speeds : 35 varies i use IDM ..
utube video streaming is slow compared to 500 wala plan ..

i have been using bsnl broadband almost right from the day it has been launched.
and in these years i came across so many providers from airtel, reliance,tata,and many more local providers.
i gathered info about all these
and finally came to a conclusion that bsnl is the best in all departments
price wise,speed wise and quality wise

and coming to UL750 i have shifted to it from 500 plan last year
in 500 i use to get download speeds of 120 to 200 KBps(1 Mbps to 1.8Mbps)
now in UL750 i constantly and always get the speed 30-32 KBps(256kbps)
actually for UL750 they limit the speed so while downloading u can see that the speed tries to get higher and higher but it always get pulled back to 30-32

and coming to connectivity,no problem in this ,yes you can make it to be connected always,no need to login(it is done while setting up connection)

only drawback is customer care but it is also getting good

next is hathway
then airtel or sify
:)

The reason why I prefer BSNL over Airtel is because of its availability in my area. I live in a metropolitan city but still their coverage area is limited to few areas only. Now image what would be the case in other parts of state.
And as others said the connection is very much consistent that really is great value for money.

BSNL seems way better than Airtel. The only thing they lag is Customer service. But just be friend the local BSNL service engineer and you can have double the speeds you pay for. BSNL is known for such mistakes. They can provide speeds upto 2mbps even if you have a 256kbps UL plan.

i think u should stick with airtel as the service is awesome as compared to BSNL government service so u'll face less problems plus the server downtime or problems with airtel are far far less than BSNL

ANYONE WORK FOR AIRTEL HERE:sos:

Who says airtel is good according to my exp. here in Kancheepuram its the worst.
When i complain about low speeds i being told that airtel is not doing charity and i am not paying money for free.This is exactly what the supervisor told me.
He didnt stop their he even told me to switch to any other ISP i am comfortable with:clap:.Nope this is not a joke this really happened . I am on an airtel 512Kbps unlimited plan.I complained to the superiors who wanted to know the guys name as if they would prosecute him to this day nothing happened :rofl: :
The airtel providers name is AVM telecom:mad: .My connection has been down 4 times in 3 months the phone went dead a couple of times:eek:hyeah: .The worst part is they take over 48hrs to fix it.The longest time they took to fix a prob was 4 days:hap2: .

When i told the AVM telecom about my neighbour who is on a bsnl connection -his broadband has no downtime he is happy with BSNL:mad: ,the guy told me airtel buys everything from bsnl its the same product only that airtel makes it better:eek:.

The sad thing is after seeing them torture me like this i dropped my plan to upgrade to 1 Mbps unlimited:'( .

After a lot of fighting this the best they could manage.even now my speed varies between 25KB/S-54KB:cool2:

DONT EVER GO FOR BSNL. ITS SHIT/ CRAP... INITIALLY WAS USING 2MBPS @ RS.250 WITH 1GB D/L LIMIT.

THEIR USAGE MONITORING SYSTEM IS DAMN HORRIBLE. DID NOT CHECK MY USAGE DETAILS FOR ABOUT 4 -5 MONTHS AND SUDDENLY 1 DAY I CAME TO KNOW THAT IN MY HOUSE THEY HAVE BEEN PAYING IN THOUSANDS PER MONTH. AND 1 DAY FINALLY I GOT RS.1800 PAYABLE. BUT ON THAT MONTH MY USAGE WAS VERY LOW AND I AM 100% SURE THAT I WOULDNT HAVE REACHED THE 1GB ITSELF. THEY ARE CHEATERS/ ROGUES

SO I SWITCHED ON TO THE BSNL 256KBPS U/L PLAN. oh god. again PIG SHIT. MOST OF THE TIMES THE DOWNLOAD STOPS AND I HAD RESUME IT ( ESPECIALLY IN RAPIDSHARE WHERE I GET FRUSTRATED WHEN I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE DOWNLOAD)..

NOT AT ALL FIT FOR DOWNLOADDING/BROWSING. FULL PIG SHIT AND NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE CC. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OR EVEN THE SPELLING OF BROADBAND. IDIOTS. IF U CALL THE CC, THEYL SIMPLY GIVE U AN ENGINEER'S NUMBER AND THAT GUY PICKS THE CALL ONLY AFTER 3 OR 4 DAYS...

I GOT AIRTEL AFTER THAT WITH 256KBPS UL AND NOW M VERY HAPPY WITH REGARD TO THE SPEED AS WELL AS CC. AFAIK THIS IS THE BEST ISP. BUT THE BAD THING IS THEY STARTED IMPOSING CAPS ON THE SPEED.. THIS IS TOO BAD.

BUT I WANDER Y IN INDIA THESE ISP BUGGERS ARE VERY STINGY , NOT EVEN OFFERING 1MBPS CONNECTION FOR A CHEAP RATE. THE PRICE RS.900 FOR 256KBPS UL IS VERY HIGH AND IMPOSING RESTRICTIONS IN THAT, IS TERRIBLE AND FOOLISH. IN UK THEY GIVE A CONVERGED HUB (AN ALL IN ONE WIRELESS MODEM WITH VOIP PHONE ) FREE AND THEY OFFER 8MPS UL CONN. ONLY FOR 2000 BUCKS (INR). SEE HOW THEY HAVE DEVELOPED.

ANYWAY BETTER BE WITH AIRTEL.. BSNL IS PIGSHIT....

[quote name='sam000']ANYONE WORK FOR AIRTEL HERE:sos:

Who says airtel is good according to my exp. here in Kancheepuram its the worst.

The airtel providers name is AVM telecom:mad: .My connection has been down 4 times in 3 months the phone went dead a couple of times:eek:hyeah: .The worst part is they take over 48hrs to fix it.The longest time they took to fix a prob was 4 days:hap2:.....

When i told the AVM telecom about my neighbour who is on a bsnl connection -his broadband has no downtime he is happy with BSNL:mad: ,the guy told me airtel buys everything from bsnl its the same product only that airtel makes it better:eek:.

1ST OF AL WHAT DO U MEAN BY AVL TELECOM. ITS AIRTEL RIGHT ?. U HAVE SAID THE PROVIDER IS AVL TELECOM. THEN I THINK THE AVL TELECOM IS AN AGENT OF AIRTEL. DEFENETLY AIRTEL WILL NOT SAY SUCH A WORD. THEN I THINK THE AVL TELECOM MUST BE A CO. WHICH GETS CONNECTIONS FROM AIRTEL AND GIVES IT TO CUSTOMERS. IN OTHER WORDS A MIDDLEMEN...

REPLY ME FRND..

Yep you are correct AVL telecom is a middlemen.so what airtel is not responsible for their services:huh: .When they abused me like that i had called chennai nothing happened:hap2: .

BTW why you posting with the caps lock on:rofl: .

I think UL750 is the best plan in INDIA or atleast it was(I dont know really :D )
Using it since 3yrs, no downtime at all and constant speed of 29-30.

bsnl is the best

using it since 2-3 years minimal downtime that too during the rainy sesaon

otherwise all good

have switched from many plans ffrom home -500 to home 750ul to home 750 ul plus.

now using home 500C

for ul usage 750UL PLUS is best with no rentals if u dont use landline phones for calling purposes

then i think those who have taken airtel connection from these telecom companies suffer a lot. If you have reached airtel directly, then no issue would arise. There must be an understanding between them it seems. Its something like the airtel ppl cant give the connection directly and they engage these type of telecoms to take over.

In my 5 years experience airtel is the best and bsnl is no doubt - the worst - with regard to CC as well..

Stay away from BSNL...

BSNL = Bull Shit Nonsense Limited....

Hitman47 said:
I think UL750 is the best plan in INDIA or atleast it was(I dont know really :D )
Using it since 3yrs, no downtime at all and constant speed of 29-30.

he is right i am on this plane for past 2 years......
constant speed upto 32 in torrent.... best
go for it.......

and also same plan from airtel for RS.800 + tax....

Im using BSNL UL 750, its no good, download speeds are slow/slouch.
Their whole wiring system is old school, with no underground cables, etc.
Breakdowns, loss of service is order of the day, rectifying moves on its own sarkari pace.
The attitude of the sarkari karamcharis is poor, complaint registeration system sucks!
In all, Im dissatisfied with the service, 750/- is too much to pay for such lousy service.

I have been using Airtel BB for the past 2 years here in Cochin.I have tried almost all their plans from 256 Kbps to 2 Mbps(not tried their moronic 16 mbps plan yet). Regardless of their stupid FUP(which i hate), i would still prefer Airtel over any ISPs in India for its sheer network stability and customer service. Never used BSNL but thinking of getting one connection (possibly this 750 UL) for my mom in Vellore (i doubt that airtel bb available there, thats why)next month.

the best value for money ISP is BSNL. I am planning to switch to night unlimited. BSNL helpline is prompt and strictly ok. U will be lucky to get an BSNL operative who knws his stuff.

I had Sify bfr, half the time they had problem locally and when it rained the connection would be dead. No such probs with BSNL though.

Back