Anybody using Free Airtel xStream service with Airtel Broadband?

I have downloaded the xStream app on my firestick. The app is free for Airtel BB subscribers. The app seams to be a super app of other streaming services such as Voot, Eros Now, Ultra, Shemaroo etc. Almost everything I try to stream seems to be premium which means I have to pay for the service of that app. Then what is the point of xStream app? Is it the same on the Airtel Digital box too?

I am planning to move to the Airtel One Plan as most of my prepaid mobiles are due for recharge.

Then what is the point of xStream app?
its just a data collection and tracking app. so that they can "influence" your behaviour, and sell your data to even bigger companies to be used in ML fodder.
That's what most of the "service provider" across industries do, its not limited to internet/mobile companies companies only.

all "exciting offer" and" freebies" link by airtel never work in my network.. all caught by my anti-tracking filter in my network. I am happy in this way, because nothing is free in this world.

Live channels were removed from the Airtel Xstream App a few months ago. Since then paying for it's Premium subscription is a waste of money.
Almost everything I try to stream seems to be premium which means I have to pay for the service of that app.
This means that the service isn't actually complementary with your broadband connection. If you opt for a Postpaid plan, you might get it complementary. Though iirc it has been removed from lower tier plans recently.

Live channels were removed from the Airtel Xstream App a few months ago. Since then paying for it's Premium subscription is a waste of money.

This means that the service isn't actually complementary with your broadband connection. If you opt for a Postpaid plan, you might get it complementary. Though iirc it has been removed from lower tier plans recently.
I am on the ₹999 + taxes BB plan. Is that considered lower tier plan?

I am on the ₹999 + taxes BB plan. Is that considered lower tier plan?
According to Airtel, yes.
They only cared about Postpaid connections. And now their inclination has shifted towards Airtel Black.
You do not get Airtel Xstream Premium subscription with BB connections.

According to Airtel, yes.
They only cared about Postpaid connections. And now their inclination has shifted towards Airtel Black.
You do not get Airtel Xstream Premium subscription with BB connections.
I am considering Airtel Black. Would that provide these premium content for free? Any idea what OTT premium content is bundled free with Airtel Black?

I am considering Airtel Black. Would that provide these premium content for free? Any idea what OTT premium content is bundled free with Airtel Black?

From what I learnt from their sales team a few months back when i took the connection was this:
  • They offer OTT content for all the broadband plans. This is valid till you have an active broadband connection
  • Amazon Prime and Hotstar is available only for the 999+ plans which is 200 Mbps or greater. This Hotstar and Prime subscription is only for one year unlike other OTT content
  • To access OTT content, you have to have an Airtel Xstream box. The OTT content is bundled in the Xstream app only when used on the Xstream box except for the Hotstar and Prime subscription. Hotstar and Prime can be accessed from any device
But since then they have removed any mention of OTT content from their website except Prime and Hotstar. So no idea if they provide it at all anymore.

Airtel Black just merges all your connections under one account and provides a single bill for the same with priority customer service. It does not provide or alter any OTT content

From what I learnt from their sales team a few months back when i took the connection was this:
  • They offer OTT content for all the broadband plans. This is valid till you have an active broadband connection
  • Amazon Prime and Hotstar is available only for the 999+ plans which is 200 Mbps or greater. This Hotstar and Prime subscription is only for one year unlike other OTT content
  • To access OTT content, you have to have an Airtel Xstream box. The OTT content is bundled in the Xstream app only when used on the Xstream box except for the Hotstar and Prime subscription. Hotstar and Prime can be accessed from any device
But since then they have removed any mention of OTT content from their website except Prime and Hotstar. So no idea if they provide it at all anymore.

Airtel Black just merges all your connections under one account and provides a single bill for the same with priority customer service. It does not provide or alter any OTT content
OK. Thanks. I will have to speak to their CC when I decide to make the move.

Back