Anyone has any idea about eBay's refund policy? Victim of an idiotic seller!

The only problem is that most of the claim adjustors of eBay are useless and have no idea of terms like brand new and refurbished.

you should never buy used phones from ebay imo .. better go for OLX and pick the phone personally..
If it is under manufacturer's warranty, then there is very less chance they will give you refund, saying cosmetic wear and tear is normal for used one..
I still don't understand this. Used, New doesn't matter. Product description clearly said 'like new'!

Similar thing has happened to me. I ordered a Sansa Clip+ from ebay. Seller mentioned new unopened piece. When delivered I get a factory refurbished piece. Its mentioned clearly on the box itself. I initiated a refund and recall too.. I aint paying full money for a refurb. A refurb costs ~2000 while I paid 3230 for this. I hope to get my refund.
Seller hasnt mentioned refurb anywhere on the listing. Also a new piece comes with a Sandisk box and all the documentation. This came in a cardboard box :|
Do you remember the seller name? Now Im worried cause I was planning to buy a Sansa clip+ from ebay :dead:

Images shown in the website are always edited and photoshoped... So you should think twice before you make any commitments online..
Hope you get your refund as soon as possible, but it take 2-3 weeks
Not always bro. For example when I sell something on eBay I always upload the actual photos of my product however that's not a rule on eBay. I just don't understand why people won't upload the photos of actual product, how long does it take to take one or two photos anyway? And for used item actual product photos are a must.

Anyway, sent 10 pictures to eBay, I am confident that I will get the refund. I can't think of a single tiny thing where eBay will refuse to refund me.

Not always bro. For example when I sell something on eBay I always upload the actual photos of my product however that's not a rule on eBay.

If you are vegetarian does not imply Tiger in front of you is also vegetarian.

Coming to the point, I do agree that morally one should put up original pics of item on sale. Though your case looks genuinely correct, eBay policies are bit ridiculous. I will wish you good luck and hope it settles in your favor :)

Last time i ordered some printer inks on ebay, the seller shipped from delhi and it was returned to delhi fedex office from airport office the same day, and those guys delivered it to someone else in delhi.

The idoits at chennai somehow uploaded the status as delivered to me.

I raised the issue with delaer, and all he said was site says delivered to you.

I raised an eBay guarantee and fedex office confirmed they mis-delivered the item in delhi.

That should have been enough to refund me, right?

Nope, ebay put my refund on hold till Delhi fedex office found the shipment and returned it to seller.

I was tired of reasoning with these guys, for 1000 bucks and left it. It was processed after 10 days.

Have stopped using ebay for major purchases crossing 1000. And i prepay for stuff from flipkart ws retail, and COD for everything else.

To make the long story short, I bought a hTC M7 phone from the following link on 12th May, http://www.ebay.in/itm/111203403091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Received it on 15th May, and I found it was not matching the product description by the slightest mean. So I claimed for a refund on the same day. I thought that seller would have been given a week, 7 days, to respond to eBay and all. But today it's 10th day since I have claimed, but there is nothing going on. I have called eBay CC three times already, every time they say you will receive a call in next 48 hours, which never happens. I contacted them via Twitter, they keep copy-pasting the same message that they will come back to me with an update as soon as possible.

May I know what's the exact procedure here? I thought after 7 days the case will be automatically closed, either in favour of the buyer or the seller, but it's still open. If anyone has gone through a refund process kindly enlighten me here. I am really embarrassed now, and loosing my patience if I already haven't.

Thanks in advance.
Talk to Nitesh Maheshwari at ebay 09930916622 nihohahtnari@ebay.com

Wow, the seller has some filthy guts to reply to my feedback. Jeez! :facepalm:
wXT3KXb.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1401299645][/DOUBLEPOST]
Talk to Nitesh Maheshwari at ebay 09930916622 nihohahtnari@ebay.com
I don't call a stranger, and that's a false email id.

Damn dude, that looks disgusting! Do update about the refund status.
I will have to wait five more days cause it will be 20 days by then, but in case eBay doesn't agree to refund where can I escalate this case so that more people can see the dark side of these selling communities?

Damn dude, that looks disgusting! Do update about the refund status.
I will have to wait five more days cause it will be 20 days by then, but in case eBay doesn't agree to refund where can I escalate this case so that more people can see the dark side of these selling communities?
Consult an advocate and ask him to issue a notice on issue of cheating by the concerned parties and after 30 days move the issue to a criminal court where it also will issue a notice to both the parties and within 30 days if they don't reply a WARRANT will be issued on both the parties and they will come to your knees altogether.

By the 1st notice by an advocate itself most people will respond otherwise you know now what will happen if a court issues a notice and nobody answers.Ok.

PS: Even you can issue a notice to the concerned parties giving 30 days time to them otherwise specifying that you will move to court.If you want I will PM you a proforma of a notice.Ok.

Consult an advocate and ask him to issue a notice on issue of cheating by the concerned parties and after 30 days move the issue to a criminal court where it also will issue a notice to both the parties and within 30 days if they don't reply a WARRANT will be issued on both the parties and they will come to your knees altogether.

By the 1st notice by an advocate itself most people will respond otherwise you know now what will happen if a court issues a notice and nobody answers.Ok.

PS: Even you can issue a notice to the concerned parties giving 30 days time to them otherwise specifying that you will move to court.If you want I will PM you a proforma of a notice.Ok.
Sure. These arseholes are playing with my patience. There are NO words which can describe my anger at this moment. Still as I said I will wait 20 days, as that's the max limit of eBay's sodding policy. Lets see to whose favour the case goes then.

Sure. These arseholes are playing with my patience. There are NO words which can describe my anger at this moment. Still as I said I will wait 20 days, as that's the max limit of eBay's sodding policy. Lets see to whose favour the case goes then.

eBay's policies in India are moronic to say the least, even for sellers. I sold a phone. The buyer didn't confirm the item receipt so they tell me that they will only release the funds after 20 days. 8 days for the product to get delivered and 12 more after that for the buyer to leave confirmation. When I asked that since the product has been delivered acc to the courier company why don't they just start counting the 12 days now instead of first waiting 8 days and then start counting 12 days more, they had no answer. I had to hound the buyer to leave the confirmation so that I could receive my money.

If you are a seller and under powership, it's worse. Some areas are not covered under powership and you have to ship manually. In this case even the buyer does not have the option to confirm item receipt. Instead ebay has automated with courier companies for tracking but for companies like dtdc, who have upgraded their software, the automated tracking with eBay does not work. You have to manually take a screenshot of tracking and mail it to them and just wait for the item to be treated as confirmed and eventually wait for payment.

So eBay called at 5 pm exactly, I am having a bloody fever so I was sleeping when they called and the eBay representative who called me said that I will need to go to the S.C as this is under warranty and sort out the issues (scratches, dents, crack etc.). Then I asked him how is physical tampering coming under service at free of cost? Then he connected the idiot seller and we were having a conversation call. That seller tried to brainwash me with nonsense at first, but then I said I what was necessary. Within 5 minutes the eBay representative said, okay send the product back to the seller and he will refund you. The seller kept insisting that he has given me an used yet like new product with no scratches at all. I said have you looked at the photos? He said I manipulated them (the photos). This got me angry as hell. I shouted and said you might wanna take back what you just said, he won't listen, kept saying eBay is only good for buyers and other blah blah in Hindi......the eBay guy asked me to hang up and check my email after half an hour to see which address I should send the product back to. It's all okay, but I am kinda confused about the address!

Anyone from Chennai 600006 here? There is a place called, mountrdspencerplaza, (this is what the address eBay emailed me!) but shouldn't it be Mount Rd, Spencer Plaza, something, like that?

Last edited:
Congrats Bro, for getting it approved.

Just a pointer, make sure you make the courier guy write the consignee's complete address on the AWB. Just name and city wont suffice.

Also ebay goes by online tracking only. So choose a courier company where the tracking is totally visible point to point.

Congratulations. Atleast this have started working in your favour and you are already through half way. Wishing you good luck for actually receiving money back in your account.

So eBay conf call happened.

eBayLady (EL) called me.

EL: This is EL from eBay. This is regarding your claim request. The seller had some questions he wanted to ask you. He is on call, can I patch him through?

Me: Yes, please do so.

Seller: Hello Sir, I wanted to know how you decided that the product that you recieved was not new and was factory refurbished. We sell 1000's of products and we do not get any complaints. I sold same player to many people nobody complained you are the first one.. blah blah blah..

Me: Did you see the photo I posted along with the claim ??

Seller: Nope.

Me: Ma'am can you see the photo I posted ?

EL: Yes, I can see the pic.

Me: Could you kindly read what is written on the box ?

EL: Yea sure. Sandisk Sansa <serial no> 4 GB factory refurbished.

Me: Seller ??

Seller: Sorry Saar, I just now saw the pic. Really apologize for the mixup. Not sure how this happened. Will initiate the refund.

Me: OK.

Then the EL proceeds to walk me through what all I need to do to keep the package ready for a pickup.

All in all awesome :D

Back