Anyone on BSNL EVDO?

^^
@Roxtin : Where are you stayin in Pune ?

I am plannin to get EVDO.. Any idea about signals in/around Kothrud..

80kbps is pretty good for 550/- month..

Viman Nagar. Yeah speed is erratic cuz of signals and the place where I live there is lots of construction work going on.

The problem is not the bandwidth..If you get 1mbps or near no two ways abt it..

but for those with official work..try something else..this isnt very reliable..

@ dippy . it works great if you live nearby Tower. My tower is less than 300-400 mtrs from my place so i do get full speed.

you can try it on rent for few days.

@ Redbull . u facing driver problems in 64 >?

cisco_tech said:
Yes Drivers for x64 available . let me know i will PM you the link.

@ mods. can i post the file sharing site link here ?

Rapidshare or similar ? As long its not warez, no issues :)

Btw, been using the similar service by Tata (The Photon) for the last one month. Its much costlier though at 1500 per month for unlimited but speeds are constant at 180 ~ 230 KBps except for times when there's very heavy load when it goes down to 40 ~ 100 KBps. Upload speeds are good too at a minimum of 30 KBps and going upto 50 ~ 60 KBps. And the signal is full always and am not near any tower :p

The only catch being that Tata still does not have the licence to run this service inside the city. Once you come within city limits, it changes to the 1x mode where its supposed to be 128 kbps. But even on 1x I get anywhere between 144 ~ 300 kbps :p

cisco_tech said:
@ dippy . it works great if you live nearby Tower. My tower is less than 300-400 mtrs from my place so i do get full speed.

you can try it on rent for few days.

@ Redbull . u facing driver problems in 64 >?

Damn, is that speed consistent :eek: :thumb: :thumb: 200 - 300 mtrs is pretty close.. I just asked the BSNL guy and he told me that the tower is at the distance of 1-1.5km from my place..He said that speeds will be from 256Kbps - 2 Mbps.. The charges are 500/- month and its Unlimited (shocked again :S )

Also i am living on the top floor and no building nearby is as tall as the one where i am living..

I was told that there are no installation charges...(surprised :S ) and i am just supposed to get the equipment from thier service centre in one day and it will be activated instantly.. (sounds too good to be true :S )

Considering all the factors what do i do... :ashamed:

I will be netLESS in less than a week :p

dipen01 said:
Damn, is that speed consistent :eek: :thumb: :thumb: 200 - 300 mtrs is pretty close.. I just asked the BSNL guy and he told me that the tower is at the distance of 1-1.5km from my place..He said that speeds will be from 256Kbps - 2 Mbps.. The charges are 500/- month and its Unlimited (shocked again :S )

Also i am living on the top floor and no building nearby is as tall as the one where i am living..

I was told that there are no installation charges...(surprised :S ) and i am just supposed to get the equipment from thier service centre in one day and it will be activated instantly.. (sounds too good to be true :S )

Considering all the factors what do i do... :ashamed:

I will be netLESS in less than a week :p

There are no installation charges. Had they charged you anything, you'd be kicking yourself. Its just a USB thumb drive like modem. Plug it in, put the CD that comes with the drivers and the terminal s/w in, install and you're done.

Instant activation.. Wah !! :p

Back