Anyone tried applying passports from the new Passport Seva Kendras (PSV) ?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Hi everyone,[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]My passport is up for renewal. Prepared all the docs and then went to the RPO in Delhi. Now it has come to my notice that under the new schemes, passport renewal and fresh applications are done at newly opened PSV's all over the country, maintained by TCS.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Came back home,checked online and the process is very simple as it seems. Just upload the filled form, generate an appointment receipt, and be present at the centre at designated time.All the remaining formalities will be done there and then only.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Now my two questions :

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]1.What if by any reason i'm not able to make it on the particular day that my appointment has been done ? Can i request another date ? Reason i'm asking cos i need to go out of town for a few days, and thought of applying today itself as i was free. Main concern is that what if i get the appointment in between these days.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]2. Although its showing that my passport will be ready in 3 days, i doubt the system. How much can i expect in reality ?[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Anyone having prior experience please shed some light.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]TIA.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]BBThumbHealer
<

New system is good. PSKs are convenient and professionally run.

You can expect to receive it with 7 working days. I hope your passport is not expired yet and your police clearance is clean.

@bbthumbhealer: There is an option for making a new appointment. I believe i rescheduled my mum's renewal thingy thrice
<

@smnrock: Are you sure? I do not know how this works. For my mum's renewal (no change in address), the passport was issued and sent to the police station. The cops came home and asked my mum to come to the station to collect it on verification. She never bothered to go (lol). After 2 months, they got frustrated, came home and gave my mum the passport.
<

For renewal case, if there is no change in address, then police verificaiton is not required!

Yes, that's what I thought too, and my replacement PP came without the verification. Travelled twice on it and THEN got a call from the local police station to come in with documents to clear the verification process. This was 6 months after getting the PP. Go figure.

Guys!!!

Just applied passports for my wife and daughter....

If you want to renew passports, or apply minor passports, some PSK can be approached directly and applied on the same day...

No prior appointment required.. (Make sure you have the ARN Number generated)

For chennai, its Tambaram PSK, and they accept applications without appointment until 01:00PM (But they stop receiving them at 12:30 itself)

Moreover, Renewal passports if there is no change in adress or the passport has not expired...Police verification is not required and will be done in 7 days...(but may take 15 days)

Any other doubts, pls feel free,,,

Just gone through the whole process, will be glad to help...

Got my passport renewed(wife name addition and address change) . Go t in 10 working days and verification was done after I received the passport.

Process is quite smooth if you have all the documents ready.

I've renewed three months back before expiry of my old passport.. and so far no police verification has been done. Before renewal someone told, police verification will not be there if there is no change in address, so i mentioned the old no even though my house no has been changed as per the postal records
<

Great to know this. Need to get my dad's passport renewed and need to make a new one for my mom and myself (I think mine expired like 5 years ago.
<
)

Thanks guys for all ur responses
<

My passport has already expired, my residence is still the same, and my police record is all clean (i'm a student)
<
. So what i have inferred is :

- i can reschedule my appointment.

- no police verification will be done in my case.

- i can expect my passports soon although i'm in no hurry.

If i upload my documents today, when can i expect my appointment, like in 1-3 days or 1 week or so ? One more thing, can i apply for multiple passport renewals(eg. family) under same Login ID or need to create a new one ?

^^ Hi, Please check my earlier post... You are not required to take appointment on certain PSK for these activities..... Enquire which PSK for your location does that... You can finish the job without appointment...

Yes,

You can register multiple passports from same login....

The new system is pretty easy, quick and hassle-free.

My mom applied for the passport for the first time, and all the formalities and process were completed within 25-30 minutes.

Well just asking for knowledge.

How to know once police record is clean.

I rembered in 2006 when i made my Passport ,the chap came at my home and ask my neighbour about me.e.All went well and he didnot asked any money.But just called me to meet at station tonight at 8pm.I made my visit.But another chap who was present blasted me for saying no verification happens at 8 pm but come in morning.

As i was out of city for 3 days and due to some laziness i visited the station 8 days after the chap came at my place.And the station evening chap again blasted me saying to fill some wrong forms which i need to collect from Passport office.As i checked it online I came to know that particular form is for change in address in passport and not for re-application.

I asked the guy again and this time he spilled the beans that they reject my application stating from past 15 days no one came for verification and they called me thrice and i said i never made an application.They forwarded my application to CID and i had to made a visit to another corner of city waste a day and get the application back.Though CID told me not to open ,but because of curisoity i open and came to know when i made a visit to station for application the form was still with them but they were just wasting my time to past the time and reject my applcation.And than they forwarded it to cid after 10 days.

Also after bringing back the path wasnt smooth .Was told to sit in station for 3-4 hours waiting while others just used to come and go.

Later i paid the chap 50 buks and my journey was made smooth in no time.

In sort just for 50 buks i wasted another 300 buks plus lot of mental agony.

So what i am asking is with this new system does the passport journey via police gets easy.Or is it still the same bribing path?

^Everywhere you have to bribe the police,when i got my passport back in 2010 some chap came home asks the application number,balh,blah for formality and then ended up paying him Rs.600.Also when it comes to police verification don't fight with them else the process gets prolonged,just pay them and cut it off.

The new method was easy without any hassle while completing the application but creating a appointment slot was really PIA,it's like booking thatkal train tickets sitting in the system from 7.30 AM,but here you have to be before the system from 3.30PM.Today i missed the slot while applying for appointment for my uncle.

The new method was easy without any hassle while completing the application but creating a appointment slot was really PIA,it's like booking thatkal train tickets sitting in the system from 7.30 AM,but here you have to be before the system from 3.30PM.Today i missed the slot while applying for appointment for my uncle.

Can anyone guide me in how to proceed in order to guarantee an appointment slot ? They open at 6:00 PM in the evening, and i logged in at 6:20 PM today, the system asked me to try again tomorrow as all were filled.

May be i should log in from multiple computers at 5:55 PM and click manage appointment as soon as the clock strikes 6. ?
<

Sure mate,here my time was 4.00PM.For you 6.00PM means you should log in at 5.50PM,after passing all the pages go to create appointment then in the next page it will ask you to chose the PSK,select your PSK and then don't enter anything(Please enter characters displayed in the image.)without entering click 'show available slot' it will again ask to enter the characters in the image,don't enter anything again repeat the same process,"Keep check on time displayed in the top left corner and don't go by your watch/system time"exactly when you note the time as 5.59.xx,then enter the character shown and click 'show available slot' and if you gonna do tomorrow then i'm sure you will get the slot on 10-2-12,you can only choose different timings and various date,hope this helps but when in doubt ask me.good luck.

Can anyone guide me in how to proceed in order to guarantee an appointment slot ? They open at 6:00 PM in the evening, and i logged in at 6:20 PM today, the system asked me to try again tomorrow as all were filled.

May be i should log in from multiple computers at 5:55 PM and click manage appointment as soon as the clock strikes 6. ?
<

Back