Anyone tried applying passports from the new Passport Seva Kendras (PSV) ?

#bbthumbhealer: update your status mate

unfortunately due to some work, i wasn't home at that time.
<
So will try my luck tomorrow !
<

Hi ... Can anybody please help me with my case?

CASE : My passport is damaged which was issued in my hometown and I am in Bangalore for last 1.5 years but without address proof (sharing appt). Now I don't have any bank account or postpaid connection with current address. Voter ID also has hometown address. What else can I give for address proof in Bangalore? I want to apply under tatkal scheme
<
... Plz help if anybody has clear idea.

@kekerode: As Karthick mentioned, whats wrong with home address?

Else see if your company can give a letter regarding your address.

YES YES YES .. Mission Accomplished
<
Obtained appointments for 2 of my applications. Logged onto my same a/c from 2 different browser, completed all the formalities beforehand at 5:59PM & then set my mobile's timer for 1 min. As soon as it beeped, clicked create appointment. Managed to get the desired slots.

Now 3 more applications to go. Myself and my siblings . Will try the same method tomorrow for them.

#y2karthik : Thanks for the tip.

One more thing, now do i need to upload the required supporting documents right now, or can i take the originals there itself, get copied and submit it then. Is it a prerequisite to upload the required docs ?

#bbthumbhealer:all the best mate

#kekerode:what's wrong with new passport with hometown address

@kekerode: As Karthick mentioned, whats wrong with home address?

Else see if your company can give a letter regarding your address.

If I apply from hometown then I would have to travel there at least two times to be there personally and each travel will cost around 15k
<

Is company letter sufficient with Bangalore address ??
<

#bbthumbhealer:congos,upload supporting docs,when you are going to PSK you can carry original along with self attested copy.

#kekerode:since you are in b'lore,visit a postoffice and apply for ID there,some people from PO will come to your place and verify you i.e they either ask some tenants or ask them when they will come and be in your place but i don't know wheather it will count as a valid ID while applying Passport and for another proof use your bank statement.

#kekerode I think a letter from your employer or affidavit from a magistrate or notary will definitely work.

Im very positive about the the affidavit route.

Easiest way is, update your bank address to the current address by submitting a letter from employer to your bank! and then use the bank statement as the proof passport!

^^ I dont think it will work, after changing the address on the passbook there should be period of six months before it can be used as an address proof. The passport officer actually requires a proof that you are residing at that place for the last six months. Updating the passbook with a new address will simply state that address has been changed NOT that you are residing there since the last 6 months.

Another way out is to change the address on your Driving License, I guess it will require a new address proof too, here the updated passport with the new address can come handy.

#kekerode I think a letter from your employer or affidavit from a magistrate or notary will definitely work.

Im very positive about the the affidavit route.

I just checked with passport helpline and for address proof only public sector employers' letter will work
<
... also i would need affidavit from magistrate or notary public mentioning how damage happened

Easiest way is, update your bank address to the current address by submitting a letter from employer to your bank! and then use the bank statement as the proof passport!

Yes ... I guess this can be done but there is one form for passport which needs be filled by branch manager so that statement can be used for address proof
<

looks like i am doomed and hometown passport application seems to be best way
<

I just checked with passport helpline and for address proof only public sector employers' letter will work
<
... also i would need affidavit from magistrate or notary public mentioning how damage happened

What is problem in getting an affidavit, its not a big deal. What is he gonna do you you mention how you damaged your passport.

The thing here is that your passport is up for renewal, you need a address proof, they DONT DEMAND AN EXPLANATION for a damaged passport.

^^ I dont think it will work, after changing the address on the passbook there should be period of six months before it can be used as an address proof.
Have you ever updated address in your bank? once u update, you can ask them to give statment for previous months , i think for passport requires 1 year proof, so u can take 1 or 2 year before and 1 recent one. Even older statement will contain the new address only. This is true for sBI, ICICI and AXIS, so i'm assuming this is true for all other banks too!

Have you ever updated address in your bank? once u update, you can ask them to give statment for previous months , i think for passport requires 1 year proof, so u can take 1 or 2 year before and 1 recent one. Even older statement will contain the new address only. This is true for sBI, ICICI and AXIS, so i'm assuming this is true for all other banks too!

I have used my Bank of Maharashtra passbook as an address proof for passport and it requires previous 6 months statement.

When an address is updated it is printed on the subsequent passbook pages. Then, entries are made into it as usual. The old statements will have the old address since the new address is printed later since the new address is printed after the old entries.

It will be like:

Old address (on the first page of the passbook) ---> old entries-----> New address (printed in the same manner as old address)----> new entries

^Ok, thats the problem with the passbook based a/c statement. but if you request them to give seperate statement in a paper(they will charge around 75-150), then it will be having the updated one!

Back