Storage Solutions anyone tried backblaze for backup

They don't have a lot of server locations. Check your speeds before buying.

Also, I remember them being 5usd per month, now its 7usd per month for personal unlimited.

It does have its quirks, look up reviews on reddit too.

See some cons here

They don't have a lot of server locations. Check your speeds before buying.

Also, I remember them being 5usd per month, now its 7usd per month for personal unlimited.

It does have its quirks, look up reviews on reddit too.

See some cons here
i am considering b2 given the price per tb mine only comes out to 2.5$ a month want to use it as a archieve deep freeze offsite than anything else. would have used amazon deep glacier but the pricing for retrieval is too expensive.

i am considering b2 given the price per tb mine only comes out to 2.5$ a month want to use it as a archieve deep freeze offsite than anything else. would have used amazon deep glacier but the pricing for retrieval is too expensive.
Yeah, data out and retrieval speeds is where they get you for very cold storage options.

I use b2 for my remote backups. Don't have much concern with speeds/haven't checked because all my stuff gets backed up to my local NAS and then NAS backs up nightly onto b2..

I use b2 for my remote backups. Don't have much concern with speeds/haven't checked because all my stuff gets backed up to my local NAS and then NAS backs up nightly onto b2..
How much are you paying for b2?
Do you encrypt your backups before uploading to b2 or use backblaze encryption?

Why not use oneDrive as part of MS O365 family package? You get 6 TB of storage ( 1 TB x 6 accounts) for around ₹4,500 / year. That works out to be ₹750/ year/ TB. No need to worry if the Cloud Provider will go belly up overnight.

The problem with google/oneDrive etc. is that they are in the business of surveillance i.e. your data. That is how they are subsidizing the hardware cost. God forbid if you ever run afoul of they ToC, your only linked account is blocked and you are locked out of all their services with no human to approach unless of course you know someone in google/msft OR are able to trend heavily on social media. We need to support dedicated hardware/software providers and pay for their dedicated service where you are not the product.

Back