Anyone tried Oblivion ?

I saw the 20 minute gamespot feature on oblivion and i was amazed to see its graphics ! it was like wow ! Plus it was running soooo smoooth on their systems. they test on alienware i think but anyways this game is awesome !

@chic : wat do u mean by loads of fake everywhere ? The ahem discs are already available in india , plus there is a thing called 'torrents' ! But yeah everybody is Raja Harishchandra here !

Gamers have long-awaited the release of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Readers were absolutely delighted when we reported that Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion went gold several weeks ago. Many questioned whether or not Oblivion would be able to surpass the quality gaming environment that Morrowind had to offer -- according to the buzz from the gaming world, it has. The game is currently available for PC and the Microsoft Xbox 360 game console. According to Bethesda Softworks:

In keeping with the Elder Scrolls tradition, players will have the option to experience the main quest at their own pace, and there will be plenty of opportunities to explore the vast world and make your own way. Numerous factions can be joined, such as the thieves or mages guilds, and each contains its own complete storyline and the chance to rise to the head of the faction and reap further rewards.

At DailyTech we managed to collectively burn about 40 hours on the game this weekend, and aside from some load time issues Oblivion is quite possibly one of the best games we've ever played. Roundup of several reviews of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

GameSpot
IGN
TeleFragged
GameDaily
GamePro
Ars Technica

I have it but, I can't play it :mad: (no pc). At first glance it doesn't seem too different from Morrowind. But, Morrowind was a good game to begin with, falwed but, good :eek:hyeah:

Metallus said:
I have it but, I can't play it :mad: (no pc). At first glance it doesn't seem too different from Morrowind. But, Morrowind was a good game to begin with, falwed but, good :eek:hyeah:

hey gimme that game, now that i got the new hdd i can play all the games i want :D

Metallus said:

Send me a copy of that game.... Will get more than 15~20 fps outta it.. really..:p

vandal said:
Send me a copy of that game.... Will get more than 15~20 fps outta it.. really..:p

hes got an orignal copy so i dont think he'll send u one, and discussing about something else in this regard is not advised :p

Rave said:
hes got an orignal copy so i dont think he'll send u one, and discussing about something else in this regard is not advised :p
haa I know that's why I mentioned it ravey boy... Just trying to do what's wrong...:p

From what I've heard, Oblivion needs at least a GeForce 6600GT to play it without tweaking and with some degree of peace of mind. The FX series (even the 5900/5950) does not cut it (OK maybe at low details one can play with 59xx). The lifetime of the FX is over. The 6600GT will struggle a bit with this game. Most probably the Radeon 9800 series is not good enough either (better than 5900 though).

I believe you can force Pixel Shader 1.x to make the game run OK on FX series and Radeon 9xxx.

I'm waiting till Vista's release to get a new graphics card.....then I'll spend 20k and buy a GeForce 8 or a comparable Radeon.

ok just got the game today.. haven't progressed too much but its fun so far. about performance. when i tried to enable HDR, it automatically turned off AA. apparently you cant have both running at the same time. i asked someone with a dual core pc and 7800GTX as well and it was the same for him. my settings are 1024 resolution with default detail level and HDR enabled. its not super smooth but it definitely is playable. however there are too many jagged edges which makes it look like crap so im planning to turn off HDR and go for AA + Bloom. I'll also try to increase the detail level and play for a while. i'll post a screenshot here later.

my pc specs.
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
512mb 400mhz DDR
6800GS 256mb.

edit : turning off HDR and going for Bloom + 4x AA makes the game much smoother.

How about forcing it from the graphic card properties ?

I managed to forced AF that way din't try AA, it doesn't bother me too much.

Back