Anyone tried Oblivion ?

ashr said:
forcing it didnt seem to work when HDR was enabled.

see it in .ini file...U can enable AA and HDR from there, as well as many other visual effects..especially some special water effects

Current Nvidia cards cannot do FP Blended HDR+AA which conforms fully to the OpenEXR spec, but any other HDR method (i.e. Integer based) will still work fine with AA.

Or in other words SM3.0 based HDR+AA = No, SM2.0 based HDR+AA = Yes

hope this helps :)

Right you are rahul... but FX10 "HDR" is technically not HDR. Technically, HDR means the render target must be FP16 OpenEXR or a similar very similar. LOL HL2 "hdr" is actually fake FX10 AFAIK.

just got it....will try it out on my rig and let u guys know!

BTW and yes no HDR + AA is possible with any nvidia cards out as of now :)

Just came across this at driverheaven.net . I thought it would be of use to our members here....

---------------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES:

It’s called the “Chuck patch” in honor of our guy that found a way of enabling this functionality. Of course the reason why this is so important is Oblivion is one of the best looking games available in the market. Enabling High Dynamic Range and Anti Aliasing effects make this game look even better. Needless to say only ATI can support that configuration. So the Catalyst team is giving a special present to owners of ATI cards, an image quality experience unrivaled by any other.

This proof of concept driver has something for image quality freaks and performance junkies (and even for both at the same time)

This patch provides

1) HDR effects plus AA at the same time. The visual results are stunning. (To enable, ignore the AA settings in the game and enable it via Catalyst Control Center)

2) Crossfire support for the game via AFR mode. Good performance gains for all crossfire owners.

The location of this beta driver is here

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=21960

------------------------------------------------

Back