Anyone using an NVMe to PCIe Adapter?

Most of these do what they promise, you may need to fiddle with the BIOS to have the drive detected. e.g. Setting the PCIE slots to always run at 3.0 or 4.0 spec instead of auto.

Do note that if your board doesn't natively have nVME slots, this, or any other board wont let you boot off an nVME drive.

Most of these do what they promise, you may need to fiddle with the BIOS to have the drive detected. e.g. Setting the PCIE slots to always run at 3.0 or 4.0 spec instead of auto.

Do note that if your board doesn't natively have nVME slots, this, or any other board wont let you boot off an nVME drive.
Not entirely true. I have a very budget H510 board which doesn't have an nvme slot, but it will boot from the drive connected via the PCIe x1 slot. I suppose the distinction here is that H510 can/does support nvme in general, my specific model only does not have the slot as a cost cutting measure. Hence I wouldn't expect something like 3rd gen intel to support booting from nvme.

This is a x4 card. I'm using a x1 card. Ran out of sata ports so got this. Get around 1GBps speeds

Problem is the NVMe slot on my Asus B350-F Mobo is under the massive AK620 CPU Cooler and I really don't want to demount the cooler again to plop in the NVMe. I wanted to save that headache and just get the x4 card I linked to in my original post and connect a Crucial NVMe to it.

NVMe I want to use: Crucial P3 1TB PCIe 3.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD

My Motherboard is this one: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

Will it work?

I use the Verilux adapter with a Tforce 2TB NVMe drive on my system. It is connected to the X16 Pcie drive on my Z490 motherboard.

Crystaldiskmark etc show very good speeds but real world copy pasting have drastically different results.

Writing (paste) from another SSD gives great speeds ~500MB/s but copying files from the Tforce to another SSD gives wildly fluctuating speeds from under 1MB/s to 40MB/s. Tested with a single 40GB file.

Back