Anyway to encrypt entire connection to web?

6pack

ex-Mod
I'm fed up of Reliance blocking download sites (server ip block) so even https dpes not work. I've seen that the Ultrasurf proxy works for such sites. I have a nagging doubt that either Reliance or my ISP is blocking tracker addresses so all torrents show failed status and dont connect. Is there any software that i can install in windows and linux both so that all traffic is encrypted before it goes through the router?
For linux, I'm looking at something that can be installed on arm device like PogoPlug or android TV box.

I tried analogx proxy but it didn't work since i must have messed up somewhere. I'm looking for something that can be done on my side for free. I know there are vpn's but i cannot justify spending money on vpn for torrents. Any ideas?

Vpn is the safest way out of this mess. But how does torrent behave on vpn. When I tried,it would take forever to connect to massively seeded torrent. What are torrent friendly vpn provider Vivek???

I read that Custom firmwares on routers like R7000 allow you to route some connections through VPN and others through normal connection. Maybe you could try that for torrents.

Check DNS first. Use a free VPN to test and see if it works. Set it up on the router. OpenVPN and the likes.
will try it out. I think i read in tos its not supposed to be used with torrents and other heavy traffic etc.

BSNL blocking is fixed easily by using openDNS or google DNS - can you try that first before going all out
yup. i have put both google and opendns servers in ipv4 config in both windows and pogo plug. tries it out in router too. no difference.

You may try Tails OS.
it uses tor right? then i could just install tor on the pc.

Try this - resolve the DNS of the tracker URL on a terminal on your phone (not connected to wifi) and doing a traceroute from both the phone terminal and your windows machine ..
post back your findings

Use either a trial VPN or this

Remember, for the free VPN, the password will keep changing so you need to get the password from the site. Maybe on a daily basis. Use the ones that allow torrenting. Preferably use OpenVPN.[DOUBLEPOST=1468414378][/DOUBLEPOST]
I read that Custom firmwares on routers like R7000 allow you to route some connections through VPN and others through normal connection. Maybe you could try that for torrents.

I think this is possible through most firmwares which allow rules and zones. Its a matter of the proper rules via the correct zones. Ensure you put a static IP for the torrenting device and route it through the VPN only.[DOUBLEPOST=1468414582][/DOUBLEPOST]
BSNL blocking is fixed easily by using openDNS or google DNS - can you try that first before going all out

Does not work for advanced stuff now. They are blocking access to the IP and not via DNS. They seems to be using a combination of reverse DNS and block rules.

Last edited:
Try this - resolve the DNS of the tracker URL on a terminal on your phone (not connected to wifi) and doing a traceroute from both the phone terminal and your windows machine ..
post back your findings
Traceroute of tracker via pc.
traceroute-pc.png

Traceroute of same tracker via mobile 2g/3g. Connection kept dropping while doing this. Also had no way to take screenshot so had to type it out. :(
Code:
http://open.nyaatorrents.info:6544/announce

1 - No response
2 - 10.131.160.241	1044ms
3 - 10.137.159.46	108ms
4 - 223.196.1.225	130ms
5 - 223.196.7.45	139ms
6 - 223.196.6.253	141ms
7 - ix-ge-11-3-6-0.tcore2.L78-London.as6453.net  309ms
8 - if-ae-15-2.tcore2.LDN-London.as6453.net    345ms
9 - ldn-b5-link.telia.net	353ms
10 - ldn-bb3-link.telia.net	355ms
11 - adm-bb4--link.telia.net	359ms
12 - adm-b2-link.telia.net	362ms
13 - pni-as1299-ams1.staminus.net	366ms
14 - No response
15 - No response
16 - 72.8.181.118	498ms
17 - 199.193.52.86	546ms
18 - 199.193.52.76	544ms
19 - 199.193.52.200	548ms
20 - 69.165.95.242	546ms

Traceroute complete
Number of hops 20, time 81589ms.
[DOUBLEPOST=1468417300][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use either a trial VPN or this
Does not work for advanced stuff now. They are blocking access to the IP and not via DNS. They seems to be using a combination of reverse DNS and block rules.

I want something like this - utorrent only pings tracker url through vpn and for rest of transfer it uses the normal net. Is this possible?
Edit: I tried downloading a torrent from a private tracker on mobile. The tracker is online and working.
flud-bbt.jpg

Same tracker in utorrent in pc and same file shown tracker offline. The ISP guys must be doing some snooping around to search and disable every tracker they see people using to do such sort of stuff. My bad luck that there is no other ISP in my place other than this one.

pc2.jpg

Last edited:
So the blocking is not at an ip address level - which is good
Do two things
1) enable DHT , local peer discovery and peer exchange (so your D/Ls work even if tracker is not reachable)
2) Enable encryption
3) Your ports are not forwarded, try forcing a port like 51000 and check if the port forward works as expected

So the blocking is not at an ip address level - which is good
Do two things
1) enable DHT , local peer discovery and peer exchange (so your D/Ls work even if tracker is not reachable)
2) Enable encryption
3) Your ports are not forwarded, try forcing a port like 51000 and check if the port forward works as expected

Ports are forwarded. Utorrent shows that exclamation mark if no incoming peer connections. Dht, pex, full encryption all enabled. For some private trackers like bakabt, they are disabled by the tracker.

I've noticed that torrents work after night around 10. Probably some server change must be happening. One server during daytime that blocks torrents, one at night that allows. Weird.

@Criminal, BSNL does not even bother to repair their cable in my area. Had to cancel the connection after my phone after the line went dead and they did not bother repairing it for months. They didn't forget to send bills though. Worst telecom company.

@Arv90, that is costly. I end up downloading ~ 1.5+ TB in a year. I'll stop downloading if there are no options. i can live without downloading from the web. :D

Ports are forwarded. Utorrent shows that exclamation mark if no incoming peer connections. Dht, pex, full encryption all enabled. For some private trackers like bakabt, they are disabled by the tracker.

I've noticed that torrents work after night around 10. Probably some server change must be happening. One server during daytime that blocks torrents, one at night that allows. Weird.

@Criminal, BSNL does not even bother to repair their cable in my area. Had to cancel the connection after my phone after the line went dead and they did not bother repairing it for months. They didn't forget to send bills though. Worst telecom company.

What happens if you start with your mobile and then switch to the LAN?

Back