APC BR1500G-IN replacement battery always out of stock

lazyman

Disciple
The original battery is unable to give backup. Replacement battery is out of stock everywhere since 6 months. Sent an email to APC but got no solution. Has anyone else faced the same issue with APC for replacement battery?

To best of my knowledge:
- The battery in this UPS is just a combination two or three regular UPS batteries cross connected each other.
Procedure to replace:
- Just remove the sticker outside the battery that is holding these batteries together and keep it at safe place
- Buy replacement batteries with high Amps. I might prefer buying Exide batteries as Amaron do not sell these batteries
- Open the batteries and remove the battery interconnected cables.
- Connect them to the new set of batteries
- Put back stickers in place.
- You are all set

Note: I have not replaced battery of this model of UPS. but I have replaced battery for 1100 model in a similar way.

Last edited:
looks like you have lots of disposable income :D
of you really look for "original" check this out - https://www.yosigpower.com/APC-Replacement-Battery-Cartridge-RBC144/p/52
which is is nothing but exide chloride safepower battery rebranded as APC with a 4x pricetag.

Best to get it from local shop, its two Exide SMF-12V-7Ah-Battery holded together with a sticker.
*confirm actual battery model from your UPS.
I can confirm that this UPS indeed uses 2 sealed lead acids wired in series and duct taped.
IIRC, the batteries are 9AH and not 7AH but in either case, plenty of options available locally for very reasonable prices

I can confirm that this UPS indeed uses 2 sealed lead acids wired in series and duct taped.
IIRC, the batteries are 9AH and not 7AH but in either case, plenty of options available locally for very reasonable prices
yup, i edited to reflect that i misread his UPS model, G version use 9ah instead of 7ah.

looks like you have lots of disposable income :D
of you really look for "original" check this out - https://www.yosigpower.com/APC-Replacement-Battery-Cartridge-RBC144/p/52
which is is nothing but exide chloride safepower battery rebranded as APC with a 4x pricetag.

Best to get it from local shop, its two Exide SMF-12V-9Ah-Battery holded together with a sticker.
*confirm actual battery model from your UPS.
Thanks. I had no idea that there are local options as a perfect replacement in terms of size and performance. Glad that I asked.

Check the ratings and get same rating ones from reputed brands. I made a mistake of getting local unknown brand batteries for my apc 1100va, which are very unstable, sometimes backup is like 15 minutes and sometimes it's just a minute. Nowhere near the original backup.

Thanks. I had no idea that there are local options as a perfect replacement in terms of size and performance. Glad that I asked.
which option you went ?

So my bigger ups ( APC pro 1000) battery dying, and to my surprise it uses 12v 9ah battery.
Not able to get this spec locally so called APC they said no battery available but can give me replacement from individual battery, mean 2 random battery from market, they will come and fit. and quoted 7k+gst.
I politely ask them them to f-off.

Was thinking to get 12v 7mh battery, my local guy said 9mh or 7hm both are same size.. only issue is i wont be able to draw more current & backup will be 25% less.

which option you went ?

So my bigger ups ( APC pro 1000) battery dying, and to my surprise it uses 12v 9ah battery.
Not able to get this spec locally so called APC they said no battery available but can give me replacement from individual battery, mean 2 random battery from market, they will come and fit. and quoted 7k+gst.
I politely ask them them to f-off.

Was thinking to get 12v 7mh battery, my local guy said 9mh or 7hm both are same size.. only issue is i wont be able to draw more current & backup will be 25% less.
I ended up replacing with APC labelled battery from local vendor for 4500 in Noida. Had purchased the battery extension pack also previously. So to match it went for APC batteries.Will probably try cheaper batteries next time or replacement will get really expensive for both UPS and battery extension combined.

Local technician who replaced said he can replace with cheaper "Kung Long" batteries next time. Not sure how compatible they are. Update us if you find a good option.

Back