Android Apparently Samsung has disabled carrier aggregation in most of their budget phones.

6pack

ex-Mod
M, F, & A series. Even costly phones like A33 doesn't have ca. Samsung's forums is full of Indians complaining about ca not being there in their phones. No 4g+. Probably no 5g+ too when that feature becomes available on networks.

Was going to buy a Samsung phone but i don't feel like buying their phone since I use phone data almost 24 hours. No ca would be a deal breaker for me.

I really feel the reduced data speeds on my M51. My Redmi Note 3, which has CA support feels snappier while doing stuff online. Despite being cheaper than Samsung, it performs better in terms of network connectivity.

Their A series came with CA support in the past. I have used the Samsung A7 2018, which supported 4G+. I didn't knew they removed ca support from their recent A series as well.

Samsung really need to change this.

Their Exynos chip has ca support till 8 bands but they have not enabled it in software. Really weird.
I hate that they are putting LCD panels on every alternate device now instead of AMOLED. No charger and no headphone jack too.
Plus apparently their newer A series phones coming out in 2023 are worse than the existing ones. Samsung going the Sony way I think.

First they re-released old phones in 2020, 2021 editions but customers kept flocking to them.
Then they put sub par displays. Do we see anyone else selling 720p screen on a 15k+ phone? still customers kept flocking to them.
And now this. The principle of 'demand and supply' is applicable to innovations too. There's no demand for feature rich samsung phones so we won't get any.

Even chinese phone also habe disabled CA,
SAMSUNG aint alone in this shitty work of hardware support but disabled in firmware

Their Exynos chip has ca support till 8 bands but they have not enabled it in software. Really weird.
I hate that they are putting LCD panels on every alternate device now instead of AMOLED. No charger and no headphone jack too.
Plus apparently their newer A series phones coming out in 2023 are worse than the existing ones. Samsung going the Sony way I think.
Yes, even M53 is inferior to the M52.

Removing headphone jack, charger, etc., list goes on. Whatever Apple does, blindly copy.

India should insist like Brazil, chargers must be bundled.

Switched to s21fe and there are some problems even if it has CA.
The phone takes multiple touch inputs when you're using while charging. Another user said it happens after installing Goodlock which i did too. There is a thread on samsung forums for this.
Plus the phone gets very janky when charging and using. Twitter scrolling is very janky.
Charging itself is slow.
Phone otherwise is great but some of these shouldnt happen even if you consider 35k price.

I tried reading it and I didn't understand which is why I asked here because people seem to know about it
In carrier aggregation, the mobile can use multiple bands at the same time to increase the speed of the internet.

Say, Airtel in Mumbai provides 4G service on 700 and 900 MHz bands. Regular 4G mobile will connect only either of these bands. Let's assume that more mobiles connect to 900Mhz band than the 700Mhz band. That'll saturate the 900 band and internet will become slower for all the mobiles connected on that band. With carrier aggregation, your mobile can connect to 700 and 900MHz bands at the same time and can use their combined internet capacity. In this case, you'll still continue getting good internet speeds (in theory).

Another thing is these phones that support CA have higher download and upload speeds compared to those that don't support it.

On GSMArena, you can see if the mobile supports CA by looking at the bands mentioned under Network.

Example look at the Samsung galaxy S 20 FE 5g phone. It shows as LTE-A (5CA). Full form is LTE Advanced and it supports 5 carrier aggregation. So it can connect to 5 different LTE bands.

Image5606272556713357486.jpg

Was going to buy a Samsung phone but i don't feel like buying their phone since I use phone data almost 24 hours. No ca would be a deal breaker for me.
How is battery consumption on CA ? connecting to more bands at the same time has to take more of a toll than just one band

How is battery consumption on CA ? connecting to more bands at the same time has to take more of a toll than just one band
Frankly, no idea. I don't own any phone with CA so I cannot say what the battery life will be. I've seen one guy here complain about the s20fe battery life in another thread. Is it due to the power hungry flagship chip or due to CA can't say.

Need not be. Nowadays most phones come with big batteries and SoCs too have become much more power efficient, net result is that we may not observe a noticeable difference in overall battery life.

Back