Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

I take back my opinion that micro-details don't matter for Hindi music. I mostly used to listen to only old music, which might not have been mastered that well, or didn't have a lot of instruments used. Today I listened to some 90s music in FLAC and I could easily hear the difference between 320 and FLACs.
Which streaming service allows output to an external DAC on Android. I would like to compare their 320kbps and lossless offerings with the content I have. If I am right, there is no way apart from buying UAPP and then streaming Spotify or Tidal through it, if I want to use an external DAC.

I take back my opinion that micro-details don't matter for Hindi music. I mostly used to listen to only old music, which might not have been mastered that well, or didn't have a lot of instruments used. Today I listened to some 90s music in FLAC and I could easily hear the difference between 320 and FLACs.
Which streaming service allows output to an external DAC on Android. I would like to compare their 320kbps and lossless offerings with the content I have. If I am right, there is no way apart from buying UAPP and then streaming Spotify or Tidal through it, if I want to use an external DAC.
interesting , did you download those flacs or did so on tidal / apple ? Re Dac no streaming allows external dac I think so uapp is only option but it doesnt have spotify only quboz and tidal last i checked ! But you can always download thier apps on pc and use dac i think if thats an option ?

On Side note apparently apple Added Rupay and Upi etc options today so I did subscribe , will try this week but wierdly enough while they are giving free trial there is no option to stop auto renewal anywhere ( unless i have missed it ) . Seems like a bad practice and free trial offered to make people join and no auto renew desigend so that people will end up paying after trial over.

I am not sure about Android but on iOS there is a place called subscriptions under account page where we can cancel trial.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.PNG
    IMG_0423.PNG
    311.2 KB · Views: 66
On Side note apparently apple Added Rupay and Upi etc options today so I did subscribe , will try this week but wierdly enough while they are giving free trial there is no option to stop auto renewal anywhere ( unless i have missed it ) . Seems like a bad practice and free trial offered to make people join and no auto renew desigend so that people will end up paying after trial over.
Ya that sucks

About canceling subscriptions from Apple​

• Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
  • If you cancel a paid subscription, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date.
  • If you cancel during a free trial period, you might lose access to the subscription immediately.
If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don't want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends.

I am not sure about Android but on iOS there is a place called subscriptions under account page where we can cancel trial.
yeah you can cancel trial / subscription which stops it but before there used to be an option to not cancel simply stop auto renewal so you can use it till subscribed / free period then it doesnt renew which , but if u cancel it stops .
Ya that sucks

About canceling subscriptions from Apple​

• Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
  • If you cancel a paid subscription, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date.
  • If you cancel during a free trial period, you might lose access to the subscription immediately.
If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don't want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends.
ahh thanks !

almost all trial subscriptions can be used after cancellation. except apple tv.

once i even got refund for a stupid app which auto renewed and it was almost 2k a month iirc.

Wtf what kind of app is charging 2k a month??
i just checked now. it was norton antivirus which i downloaded just to see how their vpn is. i got charged for 2.5k because i forgot to cancel the trial. since then cancelling the trial right after i sign up is the first thing i do.

edit: it’s 2.5k a year.

yeah you can cancel trial / subscription which stops it but before there used to be an option to not cancel simply stop auto renewal so you can use it till subscribed / free period then it doesnt renew which , but if u cancel it stops .

ahh thanks !
I think most services these days behave like that only. I remember I signed up for Roon a month back after giving them my payment info and didn’t liked it that much. So I cancelled the trial (no auto renew button before 1st payment) and it immediately ended the service even though there was 13 days left in my trial period.

I think Amazon Prime also behaves like this but not sure on that. I rather not give Amazon any money for my past experience with them.

I think most services these days behave like that only. I remember I signed up for Roon a month back after giving them my payment info and didn’t liked it that much. So I cancelled the trial (no auto renew button before 1st payment) and it immediately ended the service even though there was 13 days left in my trial period.

I think Amazon Prime also behaves like this but not sure on that. I rather not give Amazon any money for my past experience with them.
Indeed. Most services are moving to that model of immediate cancellation of free trial

I believe tidal has a bit perfect streaming app for android now (bypassing the 48 kHz limitations) . Haven't tried recently as I have been away from home for few months now.

Yup am right

Only MQA capable devices recognize by the Tidal Andriod Native app - Without MQA certification Tidal App will not show the prompt to load In-House USB Audio driver. Also, make sure UAPP not running in the Background else the sound gets distorted.

BTW.....@msankadi - Great Tidal playlists.

Only MQA capable devices recognize by the Tidal Andriod Native app - Without MQA certification Tidal App will not show the prompt to load In-House USB Audio driver. Also, make sure UAPP not running in the Background else the sound gets distorted.

BTW.....@msankadi - Great Tidal playlists.
Hmmm. Have you tried with a DAC which doesn't support MQA.
Does the resampling in android happen only for usb out or for 3.5mm too?
It happens for digital out only, I think.

Hmmm. Have you tried with a DAC which doesn't support MQA. It happens for digital out only, I think.
Ah okay. Also about that tidal update, I'll check if it shows for mobiles with built in DAC. I have one mobile which supports mqa and one which doesn't.

I tried Tidal after jumping through some hoops. It asks for access to my DAC, but that by itself means nothing as that doesn't signify bit-perfect playback. To me it is showing that the song being played is Master quality. Does that mean it is MQA. Because if it is then that means it is not bit-perfect playback as my DAC doesn't support MQA. Sound quality is quite good actually but I am already missing equalizer and pre-amp settings that I always use. Any way to get around that in Tidal as it doesn't have it's own equalizer.

Back