Apple Finds Its Next Big Business: Showing Ads on Your iPhone

I am confused with all the hullabaloo (yes, I have waited all my life to use that word !) now. I see that IOS adblock lists have existed from years -
How many of the Apple fanbois are aware of this, plus pihole or blocklists are something not easy for not-so techie iOS users (and this user base is huge).

I also hope similar to MiUI, Apple should get pushed by EU for separate solution.

How many of the Apple fanbois are aware of this, plus pihole or blocklists are something not easy for not-so techie iOS users (and this user base is huge).
Actually my query was more to do with the fact that why are folks waking up all of a sudden ? My understanding is that it is not something new or did something really change ?
Did Apple really promise anyone that they will not put any ads on any of the devices they bought ?

Yes. No issues for me. Probably it is your PC that is having bad drivers or something. There was another guy who also confirmed that there is no issue for him either.

Coming to iCloud : iCloud works as expected on Apple devices but I prefer 3rd party cloud services for storing files/photos. I use icloud to store my notes, to-dos, OS backup etc that do not take much space For more than a decade, Apple never seriously tried to make their services work with non-Apple devices and anyone who uses Apple products should be aware of this 'mentality' of Apple before jumping to Apple device. This is the reason why I use OneDrive instead so that all my data is available across all devices (Android, Windows, Linux, Apple).

My message to those who want to use Apple products: Either you go all in or live with the limitations with cross-platform compatibility. No amount of crying and ranting will help.
Buddy, no one is crying here. Just stating some hard facts on apple's shortcomings & general behavior among their fan base.

Use cloud storage for easy of access, but always backup your personal/critical data offline as frequently as possible.

Where will we see the ads. Like when the phone unlocks. Crum....
As per the rumors, it will be in bundled apps. Ads are already there in stocks and news apps. This may come to podcasts and book. One can still disable personalized ads by opting for not to track.

One thing that definitely will not happen is the MIUI kind of ads where you get ads everywhere including lockscreen and notification bar (I believe this is stopped after Mi faced severe backlash from users).

Nope not a rumour. People are already seeing ads. It's already confirmed by Apple. It wants to increase ad income from 4bn to 10bn.

The only reason Apple didn't have ads before because it didn't own a big ad network like Facebook and Google. Ads are good on Apple as long as nobody else is profiting from them.
Why would any body will place there add on Apple and unless and untill they are able to (earn)profit for it ???

It's pretty easy to de-adify MIUI. But if Apple does this then there will be no way out due to their control over everything on the OS. Let's wait for a confirmation.
The MIUI integration is borderline Spyware though. Ads aside, I still remember the time when searching for an item on Aliexpress led to same recommendations landing in MIUI. The same extends to the complete usage history, so like Facebook, but just worse because it ends up in China's data mining network.

so now apple is learning shady tricks from Xiaomi
What is the world coming too:oops:

i mean how much more money would they need to make with this bad idea ??

One of the largest market caps.
Extremely strong fan base
Huge aspirational brand setup
Great margins on their products.
And yet for a few dollars more this nonsense move/plan

Not only greed but seems slightly foolish
Investors always wanna see new avenues for profits. This was a natural extension. Capitalising on this large fan base.

^I was just about to post that. Seems the idea is catching with other companies as well
Microsoft went down that road a long time ago with promoted apps and ads across Windows. Everyone else like Netflix and Disney are also doing the same. It has become obvious that people are more concerned about upfront costs and don't really grasp transaction costs, something that made free-to-play games with micro transactions so popular.

Ads across a user base is simply a lot more profitable for these companies than trying to sell things for even more upfront.

Back