apple has cheated us..

Aakash

Adept
I have ordered ipad 3 from apple.com ,after watching the presentation ..

Apple claimed it to be 4x faster than ipad 2...in terms of graphics...

But after checking the benchmarks on various sites..it seams that it is exactly the same i terms of graphics and every thing..just better display..with same performance..

I feel like being cheated by apple..i wiuld have opted for ipad 2,at a much cheaper rates..

You seriously believe each and everything apple says to market its products and sell them ??

Rather than believing their claim, one should read reviews etc "before" buying the product unless someone wants to be the first to own in town/city/country etc to own the product.

PS: I am not apple basher, in fact i have started loving the iOS and most probably my next phone will be iPhone and not an android.
<

Ipad 2 is still a good tablet to buy, as it has lower weight and the smaller battery makes it charging very fast. but also see the fact that the screen of the ipad 3 alone makes the price well worth of buying. I used tablets mostly for reading books and tethering pictures taken by my camera. so its totally worth for me.

I think Apple only said that its new tablet was awesome. They did not compel anyone to buy it. Its totally upto the consumer to decide what is good for them.

Yeah, and also concealing the truth is not called lying
<

But after checking the benchmarks on various sites..it seams that it is exactly the same i terms of graphics

The resolution has also gone up by 4x. (2048 x 1536 vs 1024 x 768)

So if performance is the same, then technically the GPU is 4x faster as they say.

The resolution has also gone up by 4x. (2048 x 1536 vs 1024 x 768)

So if performance is the same, then technically the GPU is 4x faster as they say.

^^ Not true... Lets say a GTX680 gives me 100 FPS @ 640 x 480 in a game on one machine and the onboard graphics on another reference machine gives me 100FPS @ 1280 x 860. Does that mean that the onboard graphics is 4 times faster than GTX680? The fact that the GPU gives same FPS at 4 times the resolution does not imply that its 4 times faster.

In any case, I think the 4 times thing was comparision with Tegra 3, not iPad2. They obviously picked some benchie that Tegra 3 is very poorly optimized for and based their numbers of it.

That said, I don't see any reason why the OP should be disappointed about the new iPad. While I myself find it still as utterly useless as its predecessors for my own needs, from the perspective of a typical iPad buyer, you are getting 2~3 improvments for the same premium that the iPad 2 demanded previously. If you are bent on buying an iPad anyway, I don't see any reason why the new iPad should be a bad buy. And yeah, AFAIK, the only iPad2 that offically reduced in price is the 16GB WiFi model.

this review seems favorable to the new ipad a bit.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/tablet-chip-showdown-nvidia-tegra-3-vs-the-new-ipads-a5x

anyway, all these benchmarks are subjective since they test two different os and browsers. apple might have optimised safari quite well to perform at high speeds in some tasks to conserve battery life. android developers should be doing this too, but will likely fail considering how many different versions of devices there are. maybe the manufacturers should start optimising their default software first.

OP: Quick. Get yourself a US citizen ship, move to USA and file class-action lawsuit against Apple, for misdirecting and cheating you. After all, they made you spend your hard-earned money by making false claims and deceiving tactics.

Just curious, do you buy lot of Tele-Shopping/TV-Shop products (as shown on TV)?

Not only apple most companied promote their new launch product stating new one is X times faster ..it upto the user to decide whether he buy that or not.

And yes whenever possible read the full hands on review before buying any new product.

I think more than the performance you should be worried about the heating issue. Per GSMArena, at highest point iPad 3 heats more than ~17-18 degrees compared to iPad 2! (although thats limited to only graphic intensive tasks such as playing games like Infinity Blade 2)

But after checking the benchmarks on various sites..it seams that it is exactly the same i terms of graphics and every thing..just better display..with same performance..

I feel like being cheated by apple..i wiuld have opted for ipad 2,at a much cheaper rates..

OP Ideally, you should have done the R&D before ordering. And whatever the performance improvement is, it would defintely last one more year till Apple launches the next model. And as #[member='Lord Nemesis'] said, you are getting an upgraded version of the iPad for your "needs" at the same price of the old. Whichever tablet you buy, it would not be a notebook replacement. So till then all the tabs would cater to specific type of requirements only.

My rule is if it looks the same as the outgoing model, don't buy it.

It is really not apple's fault in saying what they said, you should've researched and waited for the first batch to sell off.

Standard practice.

Look at the XUV buyers, the new batch seems to be better put together and glitches are less.

i guess a lot of people including me is waiting for the official lauch of ipad 3 in india

once its launched here we can have a look at the demo piece at the stores and decide whether to upgrade or not

i guess the wait is worth right now as current grey market is lagged with ipad prices

just. hecked herra panna today got a rate of 64gb wifi and 4g for 53k

last monday it was 85k

If you don't like ipad3 then sell it. You will definetly get a good price for selling it

@o.p,sell it off mate!

What do you want exactly?

Ipad 2 itself does not have any lag whatsoever(except 1080p playback),ipad 3 even plays that flawlessly,what else do you want?

I have a 2 weeks old ipad2,will gladly exchange with your 3rd gen,just name your price!

It is two times faster than ipad 2 http://blog.gsmarena.com/ipad-unboxed-early-benchmarked-too/

IMO it is still quite a big improvement in performance. Add to that high res screen and better cam. Don't get disappointed you haven't wasted your money. Enjoy it
<

Back