apple has cheated us..

OP: Quick. Get yourself a US citizen ship, move to USA and file class-action lawsuit against Apple, for misdirecting and cheating you. After all, they made you spend your hard-earned money by making false claims and deceiving tactics.

Just curious, do you buy lot of Tele-Shopping/TV-Shop products (as shown on TV)?

Class-action lawsuits can't be filed overnight as you need a certain number of people who share your grievance. Also, AFAIK, you can sue a company in any country that it does business in.

OP, the screen-res enough is worth getting the new one over the ipad 2. Please don't bring in benchmarks as they mean squat in real world testing. The interface and responsiveness of the ipad is pretty nifty when compared to most android tabs. Or you can always return it for a transformer prime.

i guess a lot of people including me is waiting for the official lauch of ipad 3 in india

once its launched here we can have a look at the demo piece at the stores and decide whether to upgrade or not

i guess the wait is worth right now as current grey market is lagged with ipad prices

just. hecked herra panna today got a rate of 64gb wifi and 4g for 53k

last monday it was 85k

It is already available on tradus.in

Linky -> http://www.tradus.in/mobiles-accessories/tablets/apple-ipad-3-16gb-wi-fi-black

My sis is getting 3 tablets from US.

For me, a Transformer prime 64GB with dock for $800.

For Mom, an iPad 2 16GB WiFi for $360

Sis getting Samsung Galaxy Tab (not decided which one yet, but mostly the 8" one)

not only Apple all companies indulge this kind of marketing mambo jumbo ie giving more importance to benchmarks that are optimized for their hardware/product

form a buyer/consumer's perceptive we should read at least two reviews and see if the product satisfies our usage model

btw apple claimed A5X has 4x the performance of Tegra 3 not ipad2 http://www.slashgear...gra-3-07217299/ and i am quite sure there would be at lest one or two benchmarks where ipad3 beats Tegra 3 by that margin

I think OP got the Point that it is Marketing and not Cheating, Can everyone stop fixating on that?

and OP the best suggestion for you is that either you sell it off or live with the fact that, "jo kharid liya voh sabse acha." Just my 2 bits.
<

Im just upset coz, i could have got the same product (i.e ipad 2) for a much less price around 22k shipped..

only ,If i knew ipad 3rd gen, would be same in performance as ipad 2...i would have bought ipad 2..
But, I've payed 12k more just for the screen, as camera is not of much use in tablets....(In my view..)

Class-action lawsuits can't be filed overnight as you need a certain number of people who share your grievance. Also, AFAIK, you can sue a company in any country that it does business in.

OP, the screen-res enough is worth getting the new one over the ipad 2. Please don't bring in benchmarks as they mean squat in real world testing. The interface and responsiveness of the ipad is pretty nifty when compared to most android tabs. Or you can always return it for a transformer prime.

I suppose we really really need [SARCASM] tag in this forum....
<

Im just upset coz, i could have got the same product (i.e ipad 2) for a much less price around 22k shipped..

only ,If i knew ipad 3rd gen, would be same in performance as ipad 2...i would have bought ipad 2..

But, I've payed 12k more just for the screen, as camera is not of much use in tablets....(In my view..)

That's like saying, that Radeon HD7870 is pointless product to buy as it's giving you same frame-rates on your 1920x1200 monitor as 6870 was giving you on your 1280x800 monitor.

If you're judging the performance by benchmarks, then I think it's a wrong approach. Remember the new ipad is pushing a lot more pixels and many things may not be optimized for it yet.

If you were upgrading from ipad2, then it may not be such a big upgrade but since you're getting a brand new tablet, getting the new ipad is indeed a right choice IMO and it will be more current for years to come. Sure, cam is not of any use in ipad IMO but the screen is a huge deal.

Typical buyers remorse.

Everyone knew iPad 2 is an amazing buy at the price its now at and the new iPad can be given the pass this year.

This was after all the reviews came up.

Shows how much research you have done prior to buying the device. Apple devices boast of a very good resale value. You could still try selling the device if you feel this is an overkill.

All said and done, do your research before investing your money into something rather than regretting it later. Like you are doing it now.

It seams games on retina display would look a lot better,coz of better resolution...

So, in a way graphics performance is improved...with the new ipad..

Even though i hate apple for their policies, i have to admit the new ipad is pretty good, especially the display. Only problem here is the OP fell for their marketing (i'm sure everyone knows about apple saying 4x performance and people actually thinking it has a quad core cpu) and is then crying about it...

I don't even think we need to discuss this as OP seems to have happily got rid of the iPad on TE itself while we continue to argue and offer him a piece of our mind.

^ It is a different case in Australia. iPad is being sold by Apple there with the mention of 4G, in India, Apple hasn't yet started sales of the latest iPad. A suite in this case would be frivolous at best

In Australia, there is only one network which has 4g but the new ipad does not support that band. That is the problem. In india, since no network offers 4g, Apple can very well sell the ipad with wifi + 4g and say that its future-proof. That's why you should read more than just the headlines.

Back