Apple iphone 3gs 8gb @12000

grewal630

Disciple
My friend is selling his 6 month old iphone 3gs 8gb for 12000 rs , so I want to know is it a good deal or Should I buy some other new latest phone like htc wildfire s ,moto defy,sony walkman live,or nokia 500 ,c6 01,700.

grewal630 said:
My friend is selling his 6 month old iphone 3gs 8gb for 12000 rs , so I want to know is it a good deal or Should I buy some other new latest phone like htc wildfire s ,moto defy,sony walkman live,or nokia 500 ,c6 01,700.
Looking at your own suggestions i think you dont have any preferences to anything particular,that is to any OS or brand..so i suggest you to check the Iphone personally.

if its in excellent condition with minimal hair line scratch(only on back cover) and with all accessories,then go ahead with it.

moto defy is a nice choice but not sure if you will get the new one for 12k or less.

boy we really do learn something everyday,dont we?

and 2nd hand phone with a petty low screen resolution, a paltry 3.2MP camera and age old processor

v/s a snappy new OS (symbian belle, OP doesn't have OS preference) 8MP camera with flash, oh wait, bluetooth file transfer, best of all, MILES BETTER SCREEN(amoled, higher resolution), brand new phone

Does that satisfy?

comp@ddict said:
and 2nd hand phone with a petty low screen resolution, a paltry 3.2MP camera and age old processor

v/s a snappy new OS (symbian belle, OP doesn't have OS preference) 8MP camera with flash, oh wait, bluetooth file transfer, best of all, MILES BETTER SCREEN(amoled, higher resolution), brand new phone

Does that satisfy?

Better OS,BETTER BATTERY LIFE[actually even average would be better],Ios which shits all over symbian,Bluetooth transfer[really?] - tons of apps for this,Have you checked the 3gs camera? dont go with megapixels,its fantastic.500,000 apps and games,support for Ios 5 and regular updates for the same,Icloud,itunes,wifi sync transfer for easy videos,a lot more reliable and yeah a fantastic design for the same,Imessage,Iwork and i could go on and on

Its a lot better than your nokia c6-01,actually even comparing them is a disgrace to the 3gs.

comp@ddict said:

Does that satisfy?

• Seriously? You think the processor is old. The GPU SGX535 is better than that of Defy's SGX530 and also the processor is a Cortex A8 and not some ARM11 like the C6-01.
  • I am not a huge fan of apple's pricing but for that price point there is nothing that can compete with the 3GS. It is beautifully optimized and the touch screen is so very responsive with loads of apps which is super optimized for the handset. As I said if it has warranty and not much physical usage marks go for it with eyes closed.
  • I have used my colleague's 3GS on iOS 4 for quite sometime and it is damn good. Not sure how it runs on iOS 5.
  • And Belle is not yet out for the C6-01. It has a smaller screen and a much bulkier, hollow body. If camera is the top preference then yes it is an option. If not then its the 3GS.
  • You may love Symbian and hate iOS but some of the points mentioned are too biased IMHO.

I take the word back on the processor.

But everything I said is valid, and I still don't see the point in buying a 2 generations old iPhone for 12k, that too 2nd hand.

For the supporters, yeah it's a great phone.

@ OP go ahead with it.

^ It doesn't matter how old it is. I would have advised against 3G same time last year because the H/W was not upto mark as the 3GS was a big bump up in H/W.

• The CPU is a good Cortex A8 and is better than most in the Sub 13k segment. The speed is just 600MHz but as we know raw speed doesn't matter if S/W is not optimized.
  • Then comes the SGX535 GPU which is better than the SGX530 or Adreno 205 that is common among android phones in the sub 17k segment!
  • Agreed that the Camera was below par even at launch but its a decent 3MP with touch focus and doesn't matter if camera is not a primary requirement.
  • 8GB storage is limiting for a demanding user but is enough for an average user.
  • Though the screen resolution is below par the quality rivals most of the top end LCD screens. HVGA is okish for the price on offer.
  • It having superb audio quality which puts it in the top of the pile of SQ in smart phones.
  • Then there is a small matter of lakhs of free/paid apps that is excellently optimized for phone.
  • Then there comes the flaunt value which is another point for an average user. 'Oh he has an iPhone <-> Oh he has a Nokia ????'
  • 2nd hand product purchases are always tricky. But as I said if the physical condition is good and if it has local warranty then its a fair deal.

Back