Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus benchmark results are out!

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
Now that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are about to hit the stores, the two phones have undergone the Geekbench test suite. The popular benchmark stresses the phone's CPU and RAM by going through numerous tests to determine the final single-core and multi-core scores.

The results are quite interesting. The iPhone 6 trumps the iPhone 6 Plus in both single-core and multi-core performance. The iPhone 6 scores are 1627 and 2920 points versus iPhone 6 Plus' 1481 and 2662 points for the single-core and multi-core results, respectively.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Source:
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_and_iphone_6_plus_benchmark_results_are_out-news-9696.php

Now that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are about to hit the stores, the two phones have undergone the Geekbench test suite. The popular benchmark stresses the phone's CPU and RAM by going through numerous tests to determine the final single-core and multi-core scores.

The results are quite interesting. The iPhone 6 trumps the iPhone 6 Plus in both single-core and multi-core performance. The iPhone 6 scores are 1627 and 2920 points versus iPhone 6 Plus' 1481 and 2662 points for the single-core and multi-core results, respectively.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Source:
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_and_iphone_6_plus_benchmark_results_are_out-news-9696.php

One possible explanation is that the Geekbench suite itself isn't yet optimized for the Apple A8 architecture and has slight variations in its results. Just yesterday another popular benchmark suite Benchmark pulled off any test results done on the Apple A8 chip until it sorts known bugs with its software.

Surprised to see the gfxbench test show a higher fps for the 6 plus.

If anything i'd have thought the 6 would have less work to do pushing a non-hd screen vs 1080p. Gaming i'd have thought would be better on the 6.

What amazes me is that Apple is still using a dual core CPU and giving a tough competition to the Dragon . Both 6 and 6+ use a Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based). GPU is a PowerVR GX6650 and its 6 Core.
Even the Ram is 1 GB .

If there is an Apple store in that country,then yes. We don't have an Apple Store due to FDI not being implemented . But you can threaten them and get a replacement. Happened with a friend and he got a replacement plus a call from California for apology.

If there is an Apple store in that country,then yes. We don't have an Apple Store due to FDI not being implemented . But you can threaten them and get a replacement. Happened with a friend and he got a replacement plus a call from California for apology.

Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that since iPhone 5 (or 5S?) this has changed and you can service your US bought iPhone in India as well. Please confirm.

They do @ Rak . All the iphones in my family and in laws have been either purchased from US or UK . We had had no issues with the phones except for the screen damage.

Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that since iPhone 5 (or 5S?) this has changed and you can service your US bought iPhone in India as well. Please confirm.
Nope. My friend had battery issues with his 5S bought from US. He was denied service by AppleCare because it was not bought in India. They asked him to send it back to US.

I don't think so! All four products (iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPods) have international warranty. I had both my iPod Touch and MacBook Pro from USA. And once, I had a problem with my Mac's display, and I had to take it to the Service Center here. They just asked if my warranty period is still there. I nodded. They didn't even ask for the bill or any other stuff. They just told me to sign on some paper, and asked for the laptop. They also told it'll be back within 3 days. And it did! Very seamless experience with them ... :)

@thawfu666

iPhones do not have international warranty.

Wrong again.

iPhones bought from official Apple Store have international warranty. However that warranty is only available in countries which have offficial Apple Stores, which they aren't in India. The stores you see over here are official resellers.
Like said before, some people even in India have been able to muscle/request the Apple service centres to repair/replace their US bought iPhones over here, but that's just a courtesy on the company's part and not a consumer's right according to rules of warranty laid down by Apple.
Frankly, I don't like this silly rule but I get the logic behind it.

@rdst_1

You are right but I don't think other companies honor warranty across country of purchase so apple is better at least in that aspect.
Correct me if I am wrong.

@rdst_1

You are right but I don't think other companies honor warranty across country of purchase so apple is better at least in that aspect.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Apple is actually perfect when it comes to after sales service. They never leave a customer stranded. One of the best after sales support in the world, if not the best.

Apple is actually perfect when it comes to after sales service. They never leave a customer stranded. One of the best after sales support in the world, if not the best.

That's the reason we have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads in our family. Super satisfied with iDevices.

Apple's after sales service is hands down the best. They replaced my nephew's iPad mini screwed by a screwdriver on the charging port without charging anything.
*but I had to send it back to US form where it was actually purchased.

Back