Apple Keyboard

Eazy

Skilled
Just picked up this Apple Keyboard from Prime for 2750/-. They had one piece only :eek:hyeah: But they can get a different model of the Apple keyboard which is CORDLESS for 3250/-. I dont like cordless keyboards.

applekeyboardbf3.jpg

i dont want to kill ur joy bro its available in numbers at malad for rs. 1800 apple store itself. i thoght it was a high price then and dint bother but u out did moi.

jesal said:
i dont want to kill ur joy bro its available in numbers at malad for rs. 1800 apple store itself. i thoght it was a high price then and dint bother but u out did moi.

Really !! :O I will talk to Gulbir about this !!

@starchazer - it has a very nice touch to the keys.

apple

steve jobs believes that branding makes a product.. he charges a premium for it.. nd wid the ipod he pretty much proved ppl would buy stuff at ridiculous prices.. sigh..

lol.. Eazy nice keyboard there but not a value for money :p it looks good but it looks like oldest IBM Keyboards in 80'-90' so maybe u would feel little nostalgic ;)

i think gaming would be difficult on this keyboard.. post ur gaming experience..

steve jobs believes that branding makes a product.. he charges a premium for it.. nd wid the ipod he pretty much proved ppl would buy stuff at ridiculous prices.. sigh..
That's probably true for apple accessories
I don't think the same is true for mainstream Apple products though

I doubt if you'll find any 160GB audio player for $350 or a 8GB flash drive mp3 player for $200 or an equally configed smartphone for $400 from any other manufacturer

This is why companies like apple survive. cos rich ppl just dont mind wasting money making things ridiculously costly for we middle class semi-poor boys :p

Poor eazy, thought he would make a style statement, backfired :lol:

EDIT : Hey easy buddy, dont take my statement to heart. I am actually jealous :no:

Lol those keys looks like chocolate served in a tray, i find the keyboard very very appealing, best thing for a clutter free desk which am sure is what Eazy has got, although price id have to admit is steep, but then again, as long as ure happy, doesnt matter :p

Poor eazy, thought he would make a style statement, backfired

Knowing Eazy, it's not about a style statement...I guess he liked the keyboard and its tactile feel so he picked it up...

The only prolem is he was charged a premium over the apple official price but I am sure he'll be able to sort it out

Is it windows compatible? What is that OPTION key? Where's the windows button(not that I care for it. I hate it actually. Comes in the way of everything.)

Looks a bit like the Commodore PC-III keyboard(donno if anyone has heard abt it.). I like it. What's wrong with the looks? The keys look mighty comfortable.

Are the keys mechanical?

superczar said:
That's probably true for apple accessories

I don't think the same is true for mainstream Apple products though

I doubt if you'll find any 160GB audio player for $350 or a 8GB flash drive mp3 player for $200 or an equally configed smartphone for $400 from any other manufacturer

there are enough and more 8gig flash based mp3 players which retail for less than 200 bucks.. no offense to you sz but i really think the ifone is a p.o.s. :) nd nope i haven't used it either.

as far as ur dap queries are concerned.. here's a very nice collection of daps which are mostly better than the ipods

TrekStor vibez 12 GB MP3 Player - $239

Meizu M6 8 GB MP3 Player - $160

Creative Zen 8 GB MP3 and Video Player $199

iRiver Clix Rhapsody 4GB Digital Music and Video Player $190

Creative Zen V Plus 8GB MP3 and Video Player $169

no offense to you sz but i really think the ifone is a p.o.s. nd nope i haven't used it either.

LOL....so how can you have such strong opinions on something that you haven't even seen or used?

Sorry mate, but that POS phone has the fastest (and by leaps & bounds) and most responsive processor/RAM/OS combo on a phone

Any other smart phone in comparison now feels like using Vista on a PIII 500 mhz and a PIO mode HDD vs XP on a C2D with a SSD

here's a very nice collection of daps which are mostly better than the ipods

and by what token are they so amazingly better than a nano...

Sometimes, it just gets fashionable to diss a successful firm

FOr a while, it was Intel (though deserved), and M$ (mostly undeserved) and of late, Apple (mostly undeserved)

well.. well.. here we go again :)

not liking the ifone is a result of reviews i have read and a dislike of apple marketing tactics. Just looking at the way the company comes up with 'revolutionary' services nd products nd then shoots itself in the foot is soo damn funny :)

Steve jobs said that they wouldn't have any 3rd party apps on the ifone. nd now they've released a SDK for it.. they lock the fone nd give it out..Orange in france calmly announces that the model to be sold in france will be unlocked.

They came up with the iTunes store, and said that they were doing the audio companies a service by giving only DRM'd music...

then they go ahead and launch non-drm stuff nd that too at a premium!!

nd to make matters even better, they've slashed rates no so that they are comparable to drm'd music.

The ipods seriously have issues.. the bundled earphones are very bad.. even someone who aint much of an audiophile can make out the difference between the pods earphones nd those that come bundled wid a lot of other players.

iRivers and the new creatives nd the meizu are way ahead when it comes to features such as fm tuner, sound recorder, formats supported nd most importantly sound quality.

Point here being that i am not a apple-antifanboi like you might perceive. I still think that they make some of the most beautiful looking products with really good interfaces(no one currently can do better than apple on that front).

Just that Apple as a company has to try and shrug the crappy elitist image they've got. Coz, decent though their products might be, they just ain't worth the money ur plonking down on them.. coz there are a lot more alternatives available which make a lot more sense..

Back