Apple Keyboard

Shakensoul said:
Arrre Lord Nemu, he got it for free, read his earlier post :bleh:

@Lord Nemesis, YUP got it F-R-E-E

DUST ? no problem will do what a friend did recently - drown the keyboard in a tub of soapy water :eek:hyeah: (of course his keyboard never worked again) Seriously, I have a fine twezzer which goes in between keys and I use this to grab and pull out the dust bunnies which accumulate under the keys, done this for many many years.

Discolouration ? I use an AMWAY liquid to clean my keyboards it seems to clean out stains quite well. I dont use black keyboards as often I type in a dark room at night and I cannot see their keys :(

Keyboard Tactile Response, yes this keyboard is soft but I have used worse !! I dont type anything beyond the forum messages so this keyboard is not a problem. If I was going to be typing for long periods then I would possibly want to use a different keyboard. I luved my Clickity Clack original IBM keyboard which served me well for many years before it went to Keyboard Heaven
GT-PrayingAngel_PilledupPupils.gif

Eazy said:
@6pack - I have heard about the Power button on the Apple Keyboard, but DUH !! which one is the POWER BUTTON ?? :huh:

Its usually situated at top right corner just above numpad. In ur kbd, i think its the key just above the " - " key in numpad. Not sure though!

tracerbullet said:
Eazy, there's an eject button on the keyboard too, if I'm not wrong. That that work with the optical drive correctly?

NOPE. The eject key does not work.

@6pack Cannot find the Power button, it is there but I cannot find it, I pressed all the buttons and none of them seem to be a power button. BUT once for no reason at all when I pressed any of the keys on the top row (the F keys) then the keyboard was giving the SHUT command !! but I could not remember which key I had pressed at that time, I tried many keys but I could not get it to do it again. Possibly there is a key combo required to get the Power button to work :(

I got to see the keyboard first hand today. :tongue:
Believe me, it isnt remotely as crappy as it looks in the pic (sorry to say that..but well the keyboard appears different in person :bleh: )

Its got this transparent sides which are not quite visible in the pic. It would make for an excellent modded keyboard if someone has the time. Lots of potential in it. The keys are damn soft to use too. Its pretty compact and is totally worth it imo. :D

You got to see it to believe how good it actually is ;)

Congrats to Eazy Sir ;) :D

i think it also has a usb port at its side for mouse?? i used a kbd like this some three yrs back and it was quite heavy to lift like it was filled with some rocks!! but keys were like feathertouch keys :)

wonder when i'll be able to afford an apple macbook ;)

congrats Eazy!! nice bday gift u got! :hap2:

6pack said:
Will these links be helpfull?
Magical Macintosh Key Sequences

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

maybe ur kbd does not have the power key!!

check out the pdf file in first link for shutting down pc without power key: "eject key + ctrl" i think!

:)

I will check out the Keyboard shortcuts and see if they work in XP. There is no single Power key but once I pressed some sequence of keys and every key I pressed after that was trying to shut XP.

It has 2 USB ports at the back next to the keyboards wire. I have plugged in my Logitech MX 518 into the keyboard as all 8 USB ports on Motherboard back panel are used up :)

Here is a side view which shows the transparent base mentioned by XT.

img3122mc6.jpg

Somehow, I feel bad that Gulbir broke his apple PC set by giving you the keyboard :ashamed: .

Now I feel you should get the rest of his setup ;) . So that the keyboard does not grow lonely :bleh: .

sydras said:
Somehow, I feel bad that Gulbir broke his apple PC set by giving you the keyboard :ashamed: .

Now I feel you should get the rest of his setup ;) . So that the keyboard does not grow lonely :bleh: .

The thing is that he phoned the Apple disti and that person told him on the phone that he has the newer Apple "Aluminium" keyboards and Gulbir offered me that one, but I am allergic to anything made of Aluminium these days as my Antec P160 case as well as 2 Thermalright heat sinks, which are all made of Aluminium, are VERY badly corroded. So I suppose Gulbir will use that new keyboard. What I did not know at that time, and which bottle mentioned in this thread is that the new Apple keyboard is a super slim keyboard whose keys are like notebook keys, and I foolishly said NO TO THAT :O

Every time I posted a picture of my Apple Keyboard I felt the picture makes it look a lot larger than it is. So here a comparison against a Samsung Pleomax keyboard which I always felt was a "smallish" keyboard, the Pleomax looks large in comparison to the Apple Keyboard.

sizecompareuo7.jpg

Back