Apple Keyboard

Hahaha...seriously, not that discussion on this thread...

and I do agree that the bundled EPs on the ipods are a sham...

But I still maintain that the ipod and the iphone are serious VFM

To be honest I for one like this keyboard a lot... Price a bit high but what the heck... At Eazy's age he better spend some cash cause he has earned enough during his days... Time to blow it up now and its good that he is doing it in style...

I also like the Dell keyboard a lot... Wish it was available here...

ARRE GUYS !!!

I promised Gulbir not to mention this BUT if I dont then Prime will get a bad name in TE for being super expensive :(

SO HERE IS THE REAL STORY !!!

Today is my Birthday (sweet 16 - reverse the numbers) and I had gone to Prime to treat myself to some new Hardware and Gulbir sold me some stuff and then I stoopidly asked for a Birthday discount and Gulbir asked me to pick up anything for FREE and I liked this keyboard which was actually being used by him on his table on an Apple setup. He was using this keyboard and I went GA-GA over it so Gublir broke his setup by disconnecting the keyboard and giving it to me for F-R-E-E !! :)

I could not believe that he was breaking the Apple setup, this had a see thru plastic 24" LCD panel(terrific Panel !! :O ) MAN that is one REAL friend.

I was dumb struck with this gift and I quickly picked up the keyboard and ran out of Prime before he changed his mind :eek:hyeah:

I asked Gulbir what this keyboard sold for and he pulled out a catalogue and gave me what now seems like an MRP price, thats why the price I mentioned seems so high :p

Please dont anyone mention to Gulbir that I have given this info here and PLEASE dont any of you go to Prime and tell Gulbir that it is your birthday expecting a FREE gift :rofl:

NOW YOU ALL KNOW THE HOW's AND WHY's OF MY GETTING THIS KEYBOARD. :)

IT IS A VERY NICE KEYBOARD !!:) The keys have a very soft touch - not mecahnical. I have keyboards with 30 extra function keys which I have never used so this one is perfect for me with only Sound keys.

@sydras The OPTION key has the function of the ALT key. The Windows button are the ones on both sides of the space bar - has an apple picture.

nVidiaBeast said:
lol.. Eazy nice keyboard there but not a value for money :p it looks good but it looks like oldest IBM Keyboards in 80'-90' so maybe u would feel little nostalgic ;)

i think gaming would be difficult on this keyboard.. post ur gaming experience..

me too :p

why hell apple give very costy things :no:
hey btw

u love apple fan or not :p
pls vote for this :eek:hyeah: or :hap5:

Apple keyboards dont work with windows or the PC right. :ashamed:

I always had this doubt in my mind.

Can you post a pic of the apple kbd connector thats used to connect to the PC or the MAC.

I too had thought of this kbd when i first saw this , then when i asked at the apple

store in inorbit malls that guy told me it only works with a MAC and the cost was

above my budget.

superczar said:
nahi re, it is regular USB keyboard

^^^ Correct. Works perfectly - even pressing DEL key during boot gets me into the BIOS setup. Its got 2 USB ports and I have plugged my Logitech MX518 into one of these ports. Its footprint is really small, less then the Samsung Pleomax.

@Ank1t - Gulbir was ready to give me the Apple mouse but I did not want to be too greedy :) so I did not take it. This mouse has only 2 buttons on the sides and I have read somewhere that one of these buttons dont work on a PC. I like a lot of buttons on my mice !! The mouse had a nice feel !!

You folks have mentioned that you find the price of this keyboard high, but it would be one of the cheaper keyboards I have bought :) I have bought an original IBM keyboard for around 4.5k, 2 MS Splits for 5k each when it was first released, a Logitech MX3000 combo for 5.5k. So I would have bought this Apple Keyboard for over 2k without hesitation and thought it was cheap :D

@bottle - I just Googled out the Apple flat keyboard... NICEEEE !! Wish I had got that one :)

@eazy, does the Power button on the keyboard work too?

I mean when the kbd's connected to a mac pressing the power button switches the pc on, does it work now on a non-mac??

Eazy said:
@Ank1t - Gulbir was ready to give me the Apple mouse but I did not want to be too greedy :) so I did not take it. This mouse has only 2 buttons on the sides and I have read somewhere that one of these buttons dont work on a PC. I like a lot of buttons on my mice !! The mouse had a nice feel !!

Lol if you were getting the keyboard, should've gone all out and bought the mose as well :p How much was the mouse anyway?

Ank1t said:
Lol if you were getting the keyboard, should've gone all out and bought the mouse as well :p How much was the mouse anyway?

Oops - I did not ask the price for the mouse. :ashamed:

@6pack - I have heard about the Power button on the Apple Keyboard, but DUH !! which one is the POWER BUTTON ?? :huh:

I spent a long time trying to find info on this keyboard at Apple, but, NO LUCK :( Can you believe there is a price of $24 for the PC driver for this keyboard :O

Let me tell you guys - this keyboard is very well made, beats the sh*t out of my Logitech and M$ keyboards, the touch on the keys is very soft AND positive. I think it is worth every paisa of its price. BUT keyboards are a very personal choice, you have to like the feel of the keys otherwise it is a waste of money for you.

Eazy said:
Just picked up this Apple Keyboard from Prime for 2750/-. They had one piece only :eek:hyeah: But they can get a different model of the Apple keyboard which is CORDLESS for 3250/-. I dont like cordless keyboards.

Oh man, Why did you pick this up? Leave aside the price, the main problem is that this keyboard accumulates dust pretty quickly and difficult to clean. Also the white keys turn to dirt color after a while. We have these keyboards with the Mac's we have at office and even though the keyboards are cleaned on a regular basis (read twice per week). they pretty soon turn color. Also the tactile response is not that great and there are many people at office who swapped heir apple keyboard with a HP one. :p

Anyway I guess its your choice and you must have seen something in it to have bought it. :)

Back