Apple M1 5nm chip launched for macbook air and pro 13 inch

The 10% discount is the 6k hdfc discount ? Because I don't see any other offer on the site. Full swipe is 6k discount or NCI 6k cb. Nothing else.
I don't think so. The HDFC cashback is flat amount.
Its better to call or go to aptronix and ask about it. Probably its not applicable on online orders.

Should I enable 2FA on my iCloud Account? Can I use Indian phone number with it in case some SMS is supposed to be sent by Apple when validating? My primary iCloud account is US based. But I am in India.
Sidecar cannot work on Macbook unless my account has 2FA enabled. Not sure the relation.

I want to know if there is any risk in enabling 2FA?

Should I enable 2FA on my iCloud Account? Can I use Indian phone number with it in case some SMS is supposed to be sent by Apple when validating? My primary iCloud account is US based. But I am in India.
Sidecar cannot work on Macbook unless my account has 2FA enabled. Not sure the relation.

if you haven't already, plz enable 2FA for all your key accounts including google, MS and apple..
You are courting risk by not enabling 2FA (and not the other way round)

Regarding SMS, not sure - For apple ID, I get the TPA key on all devices linked to my icloud account - and thus for you it will come to your phone as a popup and subsequently to both your phone and laptop (or any other signed in devices)

You will get the OTP using an on-device notification and not via SMS, if you have another Apple device. 2FA should be enabled for everything nowadays.

It seems there is a new offer from HDFC on Apple products that is offering flat 7k discount.

Thinking of ordering MBA from there, so need someone with HDFC credit card.

It seems there is a new offer from HDFC on Apple products that is offering flat 7k discount.

Thinking of ordering MBA from there, so need someone with HDFC credit card.

Where did you see that? Is it instant discount or cashback? I have HDFC Credit Card.

Where did you see that? Is it instant discount or cashback? I have HDFC Credit Card.
It is shown as a small banner on the MBA page, I have taken screenshot of it.

Terms and conditions

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 4.09.05 PM.png

@Nalin I added MBA to my card and went all the way till 'Place your order', instant cashback which is usually shown on 'payment method' page or 'order details' page was not shown. So, HDFC offer is disabled for the sale period I suppose.

I know someone in this thread already warned about it but people getting the M1 Air or Pro, please do not use PD feature in any off brand USB C Hubs. There is a chance you may fry your Macbook's logic board or something and all we will have is a paper weight. And we cannot be certain about replacement if we will get or not in India.

I have one off brand one and I swear not to use its PD mode ever and only use for accessing HDD etc. on need basis. But please guys, don't charge your macbook using the PD port of a 3rd party USB C Hub.

Until now, I have only used the hub to once try and connect to TV through HDMI port and once to connect external HDD to see how it works on mac. Else I have not had actual need to connect a USB peripheral. I thought I may need to connect my mouse (2.4Ghz one) but the track pad on macbook is so awesome, I am getting used to it better.

Back