Laptops Apple Macbook M1 Air writing data on SSD

OnlyConsultant

Disciple
Sorry to hop on the thread but any willing buyer should know earlier these M1 machines have written to SSD like crazy. Basically the way M1s manage memory is different and they swap memory a lot. SSD have definite write capacity. I've one and it averages anywhere from 30gb to 300gb write per day on browsing only.

Sorry to hop on the thread but any willing buyer should know earlier these M1 machines have written to SSD like crazy. Basically the way M1s manage memory is different and they swap memory a lot. SSD have definite write capacity. I've one and it averages anywhere from 30gb to 300gb write per day on browsing only.
I heard that was fixed with updates

When you have the current tech but no knowledge about updates.
Just kidding, it got patched. Being an early adopter has its cons.

And in activity monitor on my m1 air it shows how much memory was swapped.
Till now zero!!!
so my M1 Macbook is 4 months old and shows 5TB data units written, and 8.5 TB data units read, is that fine and normal ?

Sorry to the OP for the off topic discussion

Back