Apple secures 50% of TSMC 5nm production

I'm in the market for a new phone and it looks like there's not a single decent android device in the 30k range.
Either you get the exorbitantly priced ones or the super cheap ones with no character or the poor vfm ones in the upper 20k range.
Xiaomi, Vivo, Realme, Oppo, Lenovo, Motorola, Huawei, Nokia are a no go for me while LG wants to leave the market entirely. Oneplus has gone to the dogs and has killed itself by going with retarded flagship pricing.
Samsung is busy releasing the same phones under different alphabets, they have the same body, same processor same everything, they're busy adding some new pos cameras and calling it a day and their high end ones are dumped with Exynos instead of SD.
Only decent though slightly overpriced option I could find is the Pixel 4a which again is a decent buy only in the US for 349$ not the 30k plus it's available for here.

Seriously considering switching to Apple even though I might have to settle for an older device like the XR because none of these phones are worth 30k.
Not only are the prices insane, but the taxes and duties imposed only makes their prices goes North. Your best bet would have been Pixel but even they have issues. While software issues can be resolved, it's the hardware that concerns me. I don't think they have a dedicated repair store in India(please correct me if wrong). If you can wait for a year or so, let the dust settle. By that time, you can have some other options too.
Or, as you said, change the ecosystem.

Well, it's the belief that they could still compete by improving the x86 that is stopping them. Things look promising, atleast for consumers, after the recent reshuffle at the top like bringing back Patrick P. Gelsinger as CEO and changing the fab team leadership. But, yeah, in the longer run ARM and likewise RISC architectures are more likely to take a significant chunk of market share across different segments owing to their impressive Performance Per Watt figures.
Intel used to be a trendsetter where others followed it. But it looks like best brains of the chip industry has moved to ARM in last decade. It will be really difficult for it to gain back the lost traction. Performance per watt and power efficiency is going to decide their fate for which x86 is not designed for from the beginning.

Back