Apple watch not charging

freelancer

Disciple
Hello guys, I have an apple watch series 4 , its one and a half yrs old, 44mm, gps. One day it just died and stopped charging or turning on. after googling the problem online i found out about red snake of death issue with many apple watches. i cant seem to find any particular solution online.
I took the watch to apple service centre and after taking a day they quoted 29k for replacement since its out of warranty.
i gave it for repair in a nearby local shop but after taking two months he could not fix the problem. display is fine, battery seems ok, he said some charging ic issue.

any lead on where can i expect to get it fixed in bangalore ? SP road ? any one here faced any similar issue and found a solution ?

Last edited:
Hello guys, I have an apple watch series 4 , its one and a half yrs old, 44mm, gps. One day it just died and stopped charging or turning on. after googling the problem online i found out about red snake of death issue with many apple watches. i cant seem to find any particular solution online.
I took the watch to apple service centre and after taking a day they quoted 29k for replacement since its out of warranty.
i gave it for repair in a nearby local shop but after taking two months he could not fix the problem. display is fine, battery seems ok, he said some charging ic issue.

any lead on where can i expect to get it fixed in bangalore ? SP road ? any one here faced any similar issue and found a solution ?
this is the second time in a month I have read this. Very worrying for such an expensive device

Copying @raksrules as he posted another charging problem, in case he can help you.

this is the second time in a month I have read this. Very worrying for such an expensive device

Copying @raksrules as he posted another charging problem, in case he can help you.

I did read what OP said and in my case watch was charging fine but would shut down abruptly at 80% - 90% and such.

In my 3.5 years of ownership of the apple watch I never ever faced any issues.

As of now my issue got self resolved and I get full day battery life on my watch which is ok with me and seeing age of watch, expected.

@op

Try to keep it away like in a drawer for couple of days and then try again and keep it there for like several hours. May be keep it there overnight.
Also did you check that your magnetic charger isn't faulty right?

Update : since watch was overheating while it was placed on charger, i thought of cooling it down while charging (having dealt with xbox rrod problems) . I placed it inside frozen pea bag and it came back to life in 5 mins.
if i had thought of trying this earlier, could have saved myself from the damage technician caused to the screen and watch body and mental agony and anxiety for 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_2034 copy.jpg
    IMG_2034 copy.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
My girlfriend has the same issue with her almost brand new apple watch -.- Personally i stopped using apple products a while ago(even tho the new iPhones look quite amazing to be frank..) But they really seem to have dropped below standard in their charging solutions...

Constantly i hear friends and family complain about charging cables breaking easily when it comes to Apple.. sad to see its an issue for so many since their products really are good, just not the charging i guess :confused:

so far no one has been able to tell me what is exactly wrong with my watch. so yesterday i bought an apple watch with a damaged yet working screen for real cheap and use its board to replace the faulty one in mine and the battery.
I really am in no mood to buy a new smart watch esp. apple

I decided to fix my watch myself with the spares i had from the damaged watch (donor watch) i bought from olx. since i didnt have the y000 screwdriver needed in my toolkit, i randomly started with replacing the intact display on my watch with the damaged (cracked but working) display of the donor watch. to my surprise, my watch started almost immediately. i then swapped the display again to check if it was a fluke but same problem started as before. so i again put back the damaged display on to my watch, it took 6+ hours for 100 % charge, been using since 7am this morning, did my workout, took few ecgs, all kinks are on like wrist up display, back ground refresh, and at the time of writing this, its at 84%, i have no explaination for this strange battery behaviour but if your watch is acting up like mine, it could be a display related problem. now i am looking around for shops to fix the cracked digitizer. i can use the intact digitizer from my original and faulty display as a donor.
In all i spent 1650rs. for a hard reset by apple technicians who quoted 30k for replacement, then 650 rs. for hard reset by a third party authorise service centre. I am about to fix my watch myself in 10k with spares to extend watch life by another 2 years atleast. got a spare watch body, a spare hr sensor, spare taptik engine, spare buttons :p and i learnt to fix another gadget

I decided to fix my watch myself with the spares i had from the damaged watch (donor watch) i bought from olx. since i didnt have the y000 screwdriver needed in my toolkit, i randomly started with replacing the intact display on my watch with the damaged (cracked but working) display of the donor watch. to my surprise, my watch started almost immediately. i then swapped the display again to check if it was a fluke but same problem started as before. so i again put back the damaged display on to my watch, it took 6+ hours for 100 % charge, been using since 7am this morning, did my workout, took few ecgs, all kinks are on like wrist up display, back ground refresh, and at the time of writing this, its at 84%, i have no explaination for this strange battery behaviour but if your watch is acting up like mine, it could be a display related problem. now i am looking around for shops to fix the cracked digitizer. i can use the intact digitizer from my original and faulty display as a donor.
In all i spent 1650rs. for a hard reset by apple technicians who quoted 30k for replacement, then 650 rs. for hard reset by a third party authorise service centre. I am about to fix my watch myself in 10k with spares to extend watch life by another 2 years atleast. got a spare watch body, a spare hr sensor, spare taptik engine, spare buttons [emoji14] and i learnt to fix another gadget
Diy is the way to go. I've removed and fixed some ribbons in iPhone 6 (wifi and Bluetooth issue) and 2 years later, still going strong as a backup device

Back