Apple Wonderlust 2023 (12th Sept'23)

What are you guys most excited for?

• Total voters

solo_wing

Adept
Dec 27, 2008
Apple Watch Ultra 2 same battery life....I will pass. They have done nothing with the battery life.
2000 nits was more than enough . Could have just focused on battery life .

r4hul

Adept
Feb 16, 2020
I expected much more from apple. But this disappoints me. Never an iPhone fan because the generational development over multiple generations are not that much. But was looking for iPads. But nothing.
Come on apple just bring macOs for ipad. Having the same f**king chip M1, it can run it. Also, no calculator for ipad.

At this point apple is a trillion dollar
company just because of its cult following.

solo_wing

Adept
Dec 27, 2008
I am very disappointed with Apple Watch Ultra 2 not much cared for anything else.... I liked the first ultra one but was put off by battery life and the lack of exporting and importing GPX files as easy as Garmin. Ofcourse last update improved on navigation but still no where closed to Garmin watch.

This whole double tap and all is their main focus now and but not what people everywhere has been complaining on every reviews , forums about an outdoor watch having gps not even lasting a 1 full day on a $800 watch ..all 3-4 big brands of outdoor watch has been giving much better battery life than ultra.

They just want to make use of every part of our body. I think 2030 tak ...private parts will also be in use. so If you having an erect*** your watch will be able to put your mobile phone on silent mode and incase of incoming call or a message reply for you with " Do Not Disturb"

B

BullettuPaandi

They just want to make use of every part of our body. I think 2030 tak ...private parts will also be in use. so If you having an erect*** your watch will be able to put your mobile phone on silent mode and incase of incoming call or a message reply for you with " Do Not Disturb"
Assuming you'd have the necessary organs left after the purchase.
iPhone 15 not having 120Hz is just sad at this point.
This is probably a dumb speculation, but this was my first thought knowing it's Apple -

Now that both the regular and Pro model come with 6.1" displays, is it possible that both are in fact of the same hardware?

Seeing that even budget phones have such displays, I don't think the cost difference between 60Hz and 120Hz panel would be significant enough. Also, wouldn't Samsung quote more to manufacture two (four including for Plus/Max models) different panels just for Apple? Different panels should add to some inefficiency in the assembling process as well. Given the scale of the operation, all this should add up.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

belictony

Disciple
Jul 5, 2020
This is probably a dumb speculation, but this was my first thought knowing it's Apple -

Now that both the regular and Pro model come with 6.1" displays, is it possible that both are in fact of the same hardware?

Seeing that even budget phones have such displays, I don't think the cost difference between 60Hz and 120Hz panel would be significant enough. Also, wouldn't Samsung quote more to manufacture two (four including for Plus/Max models) different panels just for Apple? Different panels should add to some inefficiency in the assembling process as well. Given the scale of the operation, all this should add up.

Am I missing something?
the itch to upgrade to pro model will go way. so more money they want. only if you have low spec in one model, you can the high spec model with higher margins. Apple knew in the past few years that the normal iphone 12,13,14, etc are not taking them to the earnings that they need.

now they are oriented towards pushing people towards pro and pro max models which have higher margins. It absurd that high refresh is not available at this price point compared to android phones. but people doesnt want and hence they still buy iphones.

B

BullettuPaandi

the itch to upgrade to pro model will go way. so more money they want. only if you have low spec in one model, you can the high spec model with higher margins. Apple knew in the past few years that the normal iphone 12,13,14, etc are not taking them to the earnings that they need.

now they are oriented towards pushing people towards pro and pro max models which have higher margins. It absurd that high refresh is not available at this price point compared to android phones. but people doesnt want and hence they still buy iphones.
No, I mean,
both are in fact of the same hardware
with Apple limiting the regular model to 60Hz. Thought it was obvious, so didn't mention.

B

BullettuPaandi

purila bro...
Pro and non-Pro rendulayum 120Hz pannakoodiya panel use pannitu, Pro model la mattum adha enable panniruka vaaipu irukka nu kekuren.

Vera vera panel use panna avangalukku selavu adhigam nu nenakiren.

Ssreek

Adept
Oct 1, 2020
Atleast it's not like the erect*** notification comes up on nearby iphones to warn them.

• Haha
Reactions: princeoo7

belictony

Disciple
Jul 5, 2020
Pro and non-Pro rendulayum 120Hz pannakoodiya panel use pannitu, Pro model la mattum adha enable panniruka vaaipu irukka nu kekuren.

Vera vera panel use panna avangalukku selavu adhigam nu nenakiren.

same panel with 120Hz disabled possible illa. for 120Hz LTPO panel which is different technology costing more. so using costly panel on low margin product will decrease the margin further. they will have separate panels

using different panels wont cause any difference as long as the same assembly line can handle both.

Reactions: BullettuPaandi

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
I think I will jump in for 15 Pro. Pro Max is too big and too heavy for normal use and I doubt if there will be much difference in cameras between pro and pro max. 3x-5x optical zoom is not really needed for me right now. 90% of my camera shots are portraits and low light shots.

The gap has widened a lot now between non-pro and pro.
LiDAR
telephoto
macro
proRAW
USB 2 vs 3.
battery backup.
Promotion
Always-On
Action button

For me, as I am slowly getting into photoshop to enhance photos that I take of my kid, having proRAW makes more sense now. Having better macro ability, better battery backup too matters. Damn it, I am at a point of no return now (fully into Apple ecosystem).

Last edited:

belictony

Disciple
Jul 5, 2020
I think I will jump in for 15 Pro. Pro Max is too big and too heavy for normal use and I doubt if there will be much difference in cameras between pro and pro max. 3x-5x optical zoom is not really needed for me right now. 90% of my camera shots are portraits and low light shots.

LiDAR
telephoto
macro
proRAW
USB 2 vs 3.
battery backup.
Promotion
Always-On
Action button

For me, as I am slowly getting into photoshop to enhance photos that I take of my kid, having proRAW makes more sense now. Having better macro ability, better battery backup too matters. Damn it, I am at a point of no return now (fully into Apple ecosystem).
minimal % users care about the below:

LiDAR
USB 2 vs 3.
Action button
proRAW

Below are the key differences in the order of importance
battery backup.
Promotion
telephoto
macro
Always-On

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
minimal % users care about the below:

LiDAR
USB 2 vs 3.
Action button
proRAW

Below are the key differences in the order of importance
battery backup.
Promotion
telephoto
macro
Always-On
I am talking about the gap between pro and non-pro, compared to previous gen. Majority of iPhone users won't give rats ass to Pro-motion or AOD or battery either. They use iPhone because they want an iPhone be it for showoff (in places like India) or for camera (in a general way). Those in Europe/USA stick to iPhone as others are on Facetime/iMessage. Probably 1% of buyers care about any of these features and integration with ecosystem.

No wonder why iPhone 13, with its notch and 60Hz display is biggest seller for Apple (among iPhones). People in USA get it for $100 or no-cost when they want to renew contract.

Mar 21, 2022

LiDAR
telephoto
macro
proRAW
USB 2 vs 3.
battery backup.
Promotion
Always-On
Action button

s23 ultra has all of those and much more, and costs less. works fine w/ any integration with my mac. I don't get what people mean by ecosystem when you have a Mac and an iphone. do you have some examples?