Apple WWDC 2021

Nalin

Skilled
Lots of exciting stuff going to be announced today like macOS 12, iOS 15 and maybe few surprises like M1X MacBook Pro.

Didn't see any major improvements to iPad OS. Hope more is coming.
The Multitasking they mentioned is available on Android for years now.
With M1, the iPad has so much potential than anything in the Android world.

Biggest surprise for me was that apple is still supporting 6s and SE for ios15. More than 6 years of updates. I was expecting they will be dropped this year(spatial audio stuff etc is iPhone 7 and later, people were taking it as a signal to end of general updates too later)

Edit- iPad Air 2 also supported. That’s from 2014!

I hope experience doesn’t degrade, I would recommend users of these devices to wait and watch a few ios15 reviews for that device before updating. Apple does support for quite some time, but has a history of causing problems on oldest supported devices.

Last edited:
Holy cow so my ancient (by today's standards) iPad lives to see another generation! Just incredible haha. So far, the general usability hasn't decreased much with all the updates. It's slowed down a bit, but I think that's to be expected with the use of heavier animation and ui/ux elements. I still use it on almost a daily basis to read and annotate PDFs, plus it makes for an excellent binge watching device (even with the black bars :p)

Biggest surprise for me was that apple is still supporting 6s and SE for ios15. More than 6 years of updates. I was expecting they will be dropped this year(spatial audio stuff etc is iPhone 7 and later, people were taking it as a signal to end of general updates too later)

I hope experience doesn’t degrade, I would recommend users of these devices to wait and watch a few ios15 reviews for that device before updating. Apple does support for quite some time, but has a history of causing problems on oldest supported devices.
I know right! I am very frugal with my phones and still using the SE as my primary phone. It still works like it did on the day I bought it, Just replaced the battery a few months back for around 3.5k. Even more satisfied now.

Damn, iPhone 6s and SE still supported? Kinda regret not going with an olx deal I got (4k for iPhone SE 32GB, battery in 83%) it probably would have lasted another 2 years lol
Be careful with that 83% battery health indicator as it gets stagnates at that number before straight away dropping down to 80% (mostly 78%) or below all of a sudden leading to change battery notification. This has been confirmed by an employee of Apple India service centre as well. But at 4K, that's a deal for sure even if it may need a new battery.

Back