All OS Are "fast charging" powerbank claims legit?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I never thought that I would need one but now that I'm in the countryside where electricity is not regular I want to buy one.

Anyway are the claims legit? I do know that the standard powerbank charges very slow which was one of the reasons why I didn't want one. But now I've started seeing this "fast charging" 18w powerbanks almost everywhere on amazon. Are the claims legit? Just how fast do they charge? My battery is 4100mah and officially it supports 15w charger. Dunno if Samsung's own 25w charger will charge it any faster. Also should I got for 10k or 20k or higher mah powerbanks? How long to charge them?

15-18W is not too fast these days when there are 150W chargers & phones that charge that fast.

Those Xiaomi or other big Chinese brands selling 18W fast charging power banks are very handy. Those won't fast charge your OnePlus or Oppo or Vivo fast charging phones too fast though as BBK uses some other charging tech than what the rest of the industry (including Apple) uses.

Have used multiple Xiaomi 10000mah fast charging power banks, works well.

I have a pixel 4a with lower battery life than my laptop. I use fast charging regularly. Since mine is usb pd and my wife's is qc, i get ones which support both. I have only fast chargers - wall outlet, car and power banks. As long as i use the correct standard they all charge pretty quickly and i don't see any difference between them

I'm talking about powerbanks not the phone charger.
I want to know the recommended ones.
Just saying that 18W power bank is not too fast to be an unrealistic tech to have. There are 30W BBK charging tech power banks as well, 2k for 10000mah.

I mentioned already that I have used multiple Xiaomi ones, with me, my parents, relatives, bought during different times, so different models.

30w powerbank charger wow.
Will it be able to charge my phone which supports (upto?) 15w or do I need to look only at 15w chargers?
Btw any idea if all powerbanks come with multiple AA batteries inside? I thought they were like inverter batteries and opened a dead powerbank and saw the multiple lines of AA batteries.

Will it be able to charge my phone which supports (upto?) 15w or do I need to look only at 15w chargers?
Btw any idea if all powerbanks come with multiple AA batteries inside? I thought they were like inverter batteries and opened a dead powerbank and saw the multiple lines of AA batteries.
It depends on your phone and which protocols it supports. (PD/QC/PPS)
Not all 30w charging technologies are alike and universal.

Case and point is Samsung PPS, not all chargers/powerbanks support PPS.
Also, what you might have seen inside are 18650 lithium polymer batteries, not AA.

like @sriharsha_m menmtioned they are 18650 Li-ion batteries. Laptop batteries also use them.
Powerbanks can have many type of batteries even li-polymer (like mobile phones) and even Li-ion batteries but made in that flat style .

Li-ion batteries are better for cold places as they can retain charge in colder conditions better but are heavier.

I use Mi 20kmah battery . Very satisfied with it and also use Anker powercore powerbanks suppose to be really good in holding charge better. reviews On internet they are almost 90% efficient.

Anyways just go for one that supports PD also that can charge your laptops (if it supports charging through powerbanks) .
Also you can find wireless powerbanks .

However your requirement seems very serious as You are in remote place and need kind of battery backup in that case have you considered getting a portable power station ( they are a bit of an investment though- 10k-20k)

It depends on your phone and which protocols it supports. (PD/QC/PPS)
Not all 30w charging technologies are alike and universal.

Case and point is Samsung PPS, not all chargers/powerbanks support PPS.
Okay then what fast charging powerbank do I need for my S10+?

Also, what you might have seen inside are 18650 lithium polymer batteries, not AA.
I opened the back and thought they were AA lol.
20220530_194530~2.jpg
I think S10+ is capped at 15w and is PD 2.0 compatible.
Hence most of the power banks are good enough for S10+.

For exampkle, Mi 20k one supports both PD >> https://www.amazon.in/20000mAh-Sandstone-Triple-Charging-Delivery/dp/B08HV83HL3
Thanks. I'll try to get it locally.

Bought this for 2500rs locally.
It charges pretty fast. 28% to 35% within a few mins. Also drains pretty fast lol. There was also another model but I specifically went for this as I was concerned about "compatibility" issue.
Thanks again.
And I think my phone battery is screwed like damn. My S10+ went from 98% to 82% in medium brightness in less than hour of non-idle usage. When you buy a used phone make sure that you test the battery life guys.

Attachments

• 20220602_104429~2.jpg
    20220602_104429~2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 81
Bought this for 2500rs locally.
It charges pretty fast. 28% to 35% within a few mins. Also drains pretty fast lol. There was also another model but I specifically went for this as I was concerned about "compatibility" issue.
Thanks again.
And I think my phone battery is screwed like damn. My S10+ went from 98% to 82% in medium brightness in less than hour of non-idle usage. When you buy a used phone make sure that you test the battery life guys.
That's typical Samsung characteristic. Make sure to manually put all the unuseful apps in sleep/deep sleep state. I'm currently using s10 lite, with charging capped @ 85% and fast charging off. currently getting 5-5.5 hrs of SOT from 85% to 30% battery level with moderate usage and wifi on 24x7. Wifi calling saves a lot more battery compared to LTE signal.

That's typical Samsung characteristic. Make sure to manually put all the unuseful apps in sleep/deep sleep state. I'm currently using s10 lite, with charging capped @ 85% and fast charging off. currently getting 5-5.5 hrs of SOT from 85% to 30% battery level with moderate usage and wifi on 24x7. Wifi calling saves a lot more battery compared to LTE signal.
I've never used wifi calling. Is the 5.5 SoT good according to you? Yours have 400mah more battery.
S10+ also supports WQHD+ (3040x1440) but default is FHD+ (2280x1080). But I couldn't find any specific info on how much it affects the battery life.
I really want to use the 1440p (because why the hell not!) but afraid that it will suck up a hell lot of battery life. Do you have any input here?

I've never used wifi calling. Is the 5.5 SoT good according to you? Yours have 400mah more battery.
S10+ also supports WQHD+ (3040x1440) but default is FHD+ (2280x1080). But I couldn't find any specific info on how much it affects the battery life.
I really want to use the 1440p (because why the hell not!) but afraid that it will suck up a hell lot of battery life. Do you have any input here?
I think its good for a 2 yr old device and with moderate use i mean my trading apps runs for 14 hrs a day, 5 days a week. So can't expect anything more. And regarding 1440p vs 1080p, during normal use you will not notice huge difference in battery consumption because irrespective of the resolution, every pixel of the screen have to be lit to get display. But during gaming difference will be very large as gpu have to push hard for 1440p.
With wifi calling, phone will stop searching for cellular network, all the calls and messages will be routed through wifi.

Last edited:
It says it can charge multiple devices. Have you noticed the fast charging slow to something like 5W moment you add a second device ?

This is what i've noticed with a similar price range China powerbank i have. Hook up a BT headset and the charge slows to a crawl. So i have a second PB to get around this.

Also the only way to fast charge the PB and get 18W charging is to use a A to C cable or the one that came with the phone.

Ravpower i bought 5 years ago for close to 7k did not slow if I added a second device and could accept an input charge of 21W.

Wish we could get those but the chinese ones have crowded them out of the market.

I never thought that I would need one but now that I'm in the countryside where electricity is not regular I want to buy one.

Anyway are the claims legit? I do know that the standard powerbank charges very slow which was one of the reasons why I didn't want one. But now I've started seeing this "fast charging" 18w powerbanks almost everywhere on amazon. Are the claims legit? Just how fast do they charge? My battery is 4100mah and officially it supports 15w charger.
See, the thing you want most and first is the PB charge itself fast. That is where the fast charge will be more noticeable.

This was not possible until a couple or so years ago at the price being charged now.

Your phone will charge no faster than if it was on your stock adapter.

Dunno if Samsung's own 25w charger will charge it any faster.
Makes 10 minutes difference with 4,500mah battery if you charge from flat and with the phone powered off.

Do you run your phone flat before you charge it ? nobody does that. So difference will be even less.

Worth it to get a 25W charger? i don't think so.

And for people living in hot weather, moment battery temp crosses 45 degrees C the phone wll automatically slow down the charge rate.

Fast charge is good if your ambient is at most or under 30-35 degrees C.

Also should I got for 10k or 20k or higher mah powerbanks? How long to charge them?
Bigger the better since you're not taking it on a plane. Though i don't find any branded ones over 30k mah which in reality is more like 26kmah.

If the PB charges at its fastest rate a 20k will be done in just over 6h. But you will need a charger that can deliver at least 25W. A 25W sammy charger won't deliver 25W to the PB. That will only work for a sammy branded PB which they don't sell in India because it costs more than double the Mi.

I have a qualcom charger that can do that with the China brand (not-Mi) PB I got.

Your stock 15W charger won't charge it so fast so 9h wil be your expected time for full.

Oh! and since you've not used a PB before. Keep in mind. Stated mah you will only get 60% from stated capacity. So in real terms your 20 mah battery is a 12k mah battery. Good for only 3 charges if you charge S10 from flat.

Reason ? battery to battery charging is inherently inefficient.

Last edited:
Back