Monitors are LG LCD monitors better than Dell ?

Hello,

I have the following queries

1. Are LG LCD monitors better than Dell

2. Which LG LCD is an S-IPS panel? upto 20" only

3. If I am to go for dell ultra sharp 20" which has a higher response time - will it be an issue for movie playback and games?

Rgds

There are no LG S-IPS panels available in India and none at 20" either. If you can source an LG 246WP, thats a good display but its impossible to find one right now.

Thanks chaos.

1. Can you recommend any other S-IPS based display?
2. If not then which the best TN panel or better than TN panel display available?

thanks.

stackoverflow said:
Thanks chaos.

1. Can you recommend any other S-IPS based display?
2. If not then which the best TN panel or better than TN panel display available?

thanks.

Sadly the only budget 20" wide S-IPS monitor in India is discontinued, it's DELL 2007WFP UltraSharp. Next is Apple Cinema Display 20" which is almost of double price of that of the aforesaid DELL one.:(

I think they're all similar, except for a few extra features that some models have..like a web cam, or a height adjustable stand. I think Samsung offers that now..but basically, at the same price point, the panel peformance should be almost identical.
Also, the way response times are measured for TN based panels and S-IPS panels is different. Also, response times of 2ms are the result of RTC (response time compensation that though for the most part works well, actually isn't a reflection of the panels capability). Response times of TN panels I think are overstated..but most monitors are good enough for everything...but if you intend on gaming a lot get a 2ms one.

sorry..I've begun rambling.

In answer to your questions.

1. Are LG LCD monitors better than Dell

About the same

2. Which LG LCD is an S-IPS panel? upto 20" only

none that I know of
3. If I am to go for dell ultra sharp 20" which has a higher response time - will it be an issue for movie playback and games?

no..no more an issue than on any other LCD panel.

The 24incher LG L246WP is a good moniotr for the price only beaten by Dell;

Actually tat may be an understatement. :p

Has d P-MVA panel.

Ur pick. :)

The LG 246WP has raked up quite an interest on TE. Check this thread in the Hot deals section. It might be a good deal if stocks are finally available.

Compare only between specific models. Brand doesn't matter.

Back