are Sennheiser IE80's one of best IEM in the world,well bought it anyway :P

[font=arial, sans-serif]Congrats....
<
[/font]

Ohhh damn ! I have been totally out of touch with the developments of the IEM world
<
. Never knew IE80 came out and I thought it was a typo in the title

Good for your wallet
<

Under the hood, it's the same driver, same everything - they just tuned out the mid-bass hump a bit. James444's impressions here

i know the whole deal dude,did alot of research before purchasing got in touch with the people who own both over headfi,they told its worth the upgrade as u said they resolved the sub bass shadowing mids and frequent eq problem with the IE8's,Lee a reputed headfier told me even if IE80 wouldn't have launched he would have replaced his IE8 he also suggested me to get the silver galaxy cable (5k - never gonaa happen
<
)

anyway thanks for the link
<

i know the whole deal dude,did alot of research before purchasing got in touch with the people who own both over headfi,they told its worth the upgrade as u said they resolved the sub bass shadowing mids and frequent eq problem with the IE8's,Lee a reputed headfier told me even if IE80 wouldn't have launched he would have replaced his IE8 he also suggested me to get the silver galaxy cable (5k - never gonaa happen
<
)

anyway thanks for the link
<

I actually linked it for Faheem so that he gets updated (and gets tempted again by the newer crop of IEMs). He has remained too silent of late for my comfort
<

Different people, different perspectives - I was talked out of buying a used IE8 right here on TE by 4 of the 5 I asked.

Good for your wallet
<

Under the hood, it's the same driver, same everything - they just tuned out the mid-bass hump a bit. James444's impressions here

Aaah . Thanks for the update . I've pretty much lost interest in the upgrades these days . Try to spend more time with the music than the gear itself
<

i wish [font=arial, sans-serif]♥[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]♥[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]♥[/font]

A look at the price leaves me thinking... Is Sennheiser the new Bose?

Anyways, Congrats on your purchase. Why didn't you consider any custom offering?

customs r not my thing from what i read they r more mechanical sounding or u can say more precise, i appreciate preciseness but at the same time my IEM should be entertaining so i went for IE80 and not the custom

Good for your wallet
<

@Esantosh - Same happened with plenty of IEM's in your and mine basket .

Well , congrats siddhart for the IE80's . Do take lee's suggestion of upgrading the cable seriously . If you know what detailing means , then u will never regret the cable upgrade :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back