CPU/Mobo are these temperatures high for 2500k?

nikhilarya

Disciple
i5 2500k
msi h67 ma e35
4gb 1333
350 w
cooler master hyper 212 plus

my pc is just 2 days old and at idle temperatures are
core 0 44
core 1 44
core 3 43
core 4 44
(these are average but never come down below 42)
shouldnt it be lower with cooler master hyper 212 plus
is something wrong

What about load temperature? Use prime95 to stress the CPU and use realtemp or coretemp to monitor temps and post result...

Those seem fine, pointing to the ambient being 34-35C. What you hit on load. Prime95 it, and get a screen capture using RealTEMP..!

I'm taking these are the idle temps you are getting.. What is the ambient temperature of the room in which your PC is kept? Is your cabinet ventilation good? What Thermal compound did you use and how did you apply it? Run Prime95 Blend test and tell us what temperatures you are getting under load.. Also why would you waste your money buying a k-series Processor if your using an h67 chipset mobo?

those idle temps are just fine. plz post about the load temps. Its the load temps that one needs to worry about and not idle temps. for your load temps if you are below 70 C then you are absolutely fine.

nikhilarya said:
i5 2500k

msi h67 ma e35

4gb 1333

350 w

cooler master hyper 212 plus

my pc is just 2 days old and at idle temperatures are

core 0 44

core 1 44

core 3 43

core 4 44

(these are average but never come down below 42)

shouldnt it be lower with cooler master hyper 212 plus

is something wrong
2500k proccy with H67 mobo....:S

i was very very tight on budget. The 5k difference was the main reason. But i will upgrade to p series in 6-7 months. Plus i will be buying a new pc for my brother this mobo will be used there.
And iam really sorry my bsnl broadband is not working iam writing this from my mobile. I will post the result when net will work
My room temperature is low whenever i use pc cus ac is usually on
But i remember day before yesterday i unzipped 4gb rar file plus surfing the net my max temperature was 53-54 if that helps.
But i will soon post my prime95 result.
Thermal paste i used was which comes with mobo or procc.. Ventilation is good.

@Op

The temps are ok with the ambient temps of 34-35 C in the summer. If you get an AC in the room, temps will be much lower.

BTW, you said you will get new mobo, but my suggestion is to get a new psu also if you are using a cheap 350 watt psu that comes with the cabinet/costs 400 bucks. Its not recommended at all to use high end components with such psus. This can be great danger for your whole rig.

but i already use ac in my room...

my cabinet is cooler master elite 310 @ 1200

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 350W @ 1500

i wouldnt call them cheap..

^

If you use AC, then you ambient should be 24-25C. In that case, the temps are in the higher side. You should look towards below 40 C cpu temps at idle. Try reinstalling heat sink after reapplying thermal paste properly.

Extreme power series from coolermaster is not at all a good psu. If you try to install any gfx cards in near future, you have to upgrade your psu also.

yes the temps are a bit on the higher side as the op is using ac. ideally the idle temps should not be more than 6-8 C over the ambient temp. for an ac room at 22-24C the idle temp should be 30-33 C.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nikhilarya said:
Thermal paste i used was which comes with mobo or procc.. Ventilation is good.

Are you sure?? in my 12 years of building rigs i have never come across a mobo or proccy that bundles TIM with it. May be you mean to say that the thermal paste that came with your cpu cooler

Do you have any fans blowing air inside the PC. I don't know if the cabinet comes with fans or not but its needed in hot environments.

For comparisons sake i have a 955BE with hyper n620 and my idle temps these days are 40-41 (in only a solar heated room + 1 ceiling fan) and after 1 hour of gaming it hits to about 43-44 and gets back to 40 within 5 mins of idling. If i use AC then it gets to about 33/34 in idle. My guess is that its airflow problem that you are facing.

yeah sorry it came with 212+
If you guys think thermal paste is the reason for the high temp. Than tell me which one to buy and also please tell of how and where to apply.

nikhilarya said:
yeah sorry it came with 212+

If you guys think thermal paste is the reason for the high temp. Than tell me which one to buy and also please tell of how and where to apply.
although the stock TIM that comes with the CM Hyper 212+ is not upto the mark but still it should not cause such high temps especially considering that you are in a climate controlled room. IMHO i think you havent mounted your hyper 212+ properly. Unmount hyper 212+, clean the processor heat-spreader & the hyper 212+ contact surface with rubbing alcohol (LCD cleaner, Deo, Perfumes works too) thoroughly and then apply a small blob of the TIM on the processor heat spreader and gently spread it in a thin uniform layer. Then mount the hyper 212+ but ensure you keep on applying adequate pressure while tightening the bolts.

You may not get it right the first time but try a few times until you get it right. But even if your temps dont drop then, use another TIM like Noctua-HT-1, Arctic MX-2, Tuniq TX-3. Tuniq TX-3 works really well & I prefer it compared to the other two but its only drawback is that its quite thick & hence very difficult to spread evenly.

Back