Are you getting addicted to any song(s)

Death Magnetic and Californication are particularly unbearable. Don't really care about the first one, but the RHCP album was top notch content wise.
Heard/ read somewhere ( years ago) they may release a remastered version, don't know what happened to that.
Years back, someone in the famous russian torrent site uploaded a pre- mastered copy ( not sure about the authenticity) I still have it.
The commercially available CD is really bad.
Muse is another band notorious for brickwalled albums (every mixing mastering conference I've attended, someone brought up Muse, but somehow they always get away with it)

You mean a remastered californication? Btw, the album doesn't sound so bad when you're hammered out of your mind after a few dozen drinks in a bar :angelic: I don't think i've ever listened to that album sober. Just can't
Post automatically merged:

Muse's signature sound is that fuzzy high-gain clipped type so i guess it doesn't matter for them?

Btw, about californication, road trippin is the only song i've only listened to sober.

Try to listen to the piano before the absolutely epic ending...I have played this with at least 4/5 bands, but we could never nail the outro ( some vocalists could stretch like Eddie, but it never sounded anywhere close)
Rick Beato pointed it out in one of his videos, that piano!;Man!! Rick is a genius!!!

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac are an all time favourite band of mine. Stevie Nicks has such a brilliant classic voice.

And this track is one of the most haunting heartbreak love songs of all time I think... just a brilliant composition and that voice just so evocative!

I'm not into rap...my wife was watching and crying silently...the song hit her so hard...se has a kid from her previous relation...and she lost custody due to substance abuse issues.
The girl is 12 now, I've met her couple of times, but her mother couldn't...guilt...left her at age of 2..

It's not the drugs that cause problems. Morphine is a dirt cheap medicine, so are Oxy etc..but the governmental policies create drug cartels, who sell them @ thousand times the manufacturing cost, leading the addicts to give up on everything to procure them from streets.
If H/ oxy etc. were available at normal legal route the world would have millions of normally functioning addicts, like any diabetic/ hypertensive on regular medications.
Policy makers deny a simple truth...addiction is not a choice, it's a genetic disease addicts are born with. It's just another chronic lifelong disease.
When opium was legal, opiate addiction was not really a huge medical problem compared to something like diabetes and it's complications.
Legalization of marijuana only worsens the issue, it's the gateway to hell for 3 out of 10 person with genetic predisposition to opiates.
I'm talking strictly about opiates. Stimulants are a different story altogether. I never considered cocaine as an addictive substance ( as it has zero physical withdrawal, I've used it enough and worked with hundreds of perfectly highly functional and productive individual who are still using it without any problem, but these guys are rich and they don't have to switch to the worst possible substitute...meth...)

Last edited:
Try to listen to the piano before the absolutely epic ending...I have played this with at least 4/5 bands, but we could never nail the outro ( some vocalists could stretch like Eddie, but it never sounded anywhere close)
Rick Beato pointed it out in one of his videos, that piano!;Man!! Rick is a genius!!!
Couldn't hear shit. My ears+low volume. Listened to the track twice. Insane song though, so much feeling. Sad the grunge years are pretty much gone forever. Could you point out the piano parts timecode?

Fleetwood Mac are an all time favourite band of mine. Stevie Nicks has such a brilliant classic voice.

And this track is one of the most haunting heartbreak love songs of all time I think... just a brilliant composition and that voice just so evocative!

One might argue that her most popular song (not my absolute favourite though) wasn't even with the Mac! ;)

I got into them VERY late in life, sadly none of my elders listened to them i think. But what a band. Not just Nicks, who is phenomenal, but they're all insanely talented.

I have a playlist that has not been updated since 2012, except a few new additions annually. Listen to a lot classics recommended by my father and went on a journey myself with various genres of music though the years.

These two songs are my jam when I want to listen music, currently.

This track gives me a mix of feelings. The rest of his collections are also great.

I remember listening to this on a tutorial and loved the beat, searched around the internet and found it was made by this artist. It's widely used by content creators.

Last edited:
@Julian, it's very faintly audible from just after the last verse in the studio version, practically inaudible in this pinkpop live ( starts around 3:30 or slightly before)
If possible watch the Rick Beato's " what makes this song great" series, episode 92. He has the stems. It's incredible once you know it.
Beato is very knowledgeable and explains very complicated things nicely.
Yes, grunge is gone forever..Pearl Jam has changed completely, I love Jerry, but without Layne, AIC will never be the same again, even Chris has left us...a wonderful genre absolutely destroyed by H.

Last edited:
You mean Chris Cornell right?
Strange but i always thought it was C not H that they were all hooked to...

As a former user of both, can assure you, it's very difficult to OD on C. It's always that ****ing H....ALWAYS...it's the devil.

Do they still use methadone to wean people off H ? Long back i had heard, people then get addicted to M instead. Or do they have a better treatment plan these days?

Also, i remember when my cuz was studying in the UK, he managed to weasel the NHS docs into giving him ritalin. Claims it helps him focus. Hell of a drug lol...

So i was googling beato to check out his jam video you mentioned and i came across this: Blocking Rick Beato

Found the video here: What Makes This Song Great Ep. 20 — Queens of the Stone Age

watching the jam video right now, very excited to check out his breakdown of no one knows next.

So he's using multitracks to explain stuff better. I've used em to emphasize drum parts, makes a world of difference when learning a song.

The hendrix-esque, little-wing-ish guitar parts on black are fantastic, mainly the way he explains it. dude is a legit friggin genius.

So the piano bits on black are clearly foundational, giving a kind of anchor to the whole sound, kind of like a subtle GNR. But if he hadn't pointed it out, it would be hard to discern amongst everything else going on.

But the real gem of today was the no one knows breakdown, specifically the strings at around 16:20. Incredible stuff! Very hard to see without the multitrack.

My ear is absolutely aching after all that. Gotta rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now a days they are giving Suboxone. But from my personal experience, the best way to quit is the good old cold turkey. It's tough on your body, the withdrawal symptoms can last for days, but everything eventually becomes normal within couple of months.
Suboxone/ methadone also cause physical dependence, and practically very difficult to quit them completely...and the major problem is an addict's mindset, they sell the sub/ methadone to buy H.
It's the memory of the horrible withdrawal symptoms has kept me clean for 15 years...never again...
Yes, Beato is really good. And he's very helpful also. Shoot him an email, he will reply ASAP. He even helped us mix few problematic songs for free.
Beside music, he will give you tremendous life advices also, the man struggled a lot to get where he is now, he's very open and honest.

Last edited:
This is a drums focused video though.

Probably doesn't fit into the 'addicted' tag because after one watch you'll be exhausted !

One might argue that her most popular song (not my absolute favourite though) wasn't even with the Mac! ;)

I got into them VERY late in life, sadly none of my elders listened to them i think. But what a band. Not just Nicks, who is phenomenal, but they're all insanely talented.

Was played often by my elder folks when I was young and in my teens. Abba/BoneyM/Fleetwood Mac/Carpenters/Patsy Cline etc etc could go on. A whole bunch of westerns and basically everything that was on the English circuits/Billboards/AT40's etc and made their way to India and it home by family and friends that were abroad or traveled there and back and that was a common story for Catholic families.. still remember the record collection my Dad and uncles had back in the day, The Technic & Grunding turntables n what not!
Memories.

...Abba/BoneyM/Fleetwood Mac/Carpenters/Patsy Cline...

Add Jim Reeves to that list (the western you were talking about?) but remove the Mac. That was pretty much my music world growing up. But for some effing reason, no Mac!

We never did records, but man were there a shitload of cassettes. By the time I was 10 i learned how to tune the head alignment for the best tracking.

Dire straits is another band i wish i got into earlier instead of my 20s. I mean, i think i heard walk of life when i was a kid sometime, but never really knew them as a band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back