Graphic Cards Are you guys using your GPUs to mine?

That's why I was asking for the source of you comment on crypto bubble bursting by the year end/
Brother, a small study of the market will give how bullish the market, big time institutions and banks have started recommending this as an asset class that should not be left out. It’s not a source or anything just basic market awareness

Brother, a small study of the market will give how bullish the market, big time institutions and banks have started recommending this as an asset class that should not be left out. It’s not a source or anything just basic market awareness
So then why would the bubble end by the year end.

If you read the comment carefully I said the mining bubble, not the crypto market that will come crashing down, and even if you think, that mining is the only issue is what that is causing the issue then you are mistaken, no publicly traded company would make negative comments about supply, until there really is an issue. So mining is part of the issue but not the only issue in the supply chain.

If you read the comment carefully I said the mining bubble, not the crypto market that will come crashing down,
My apologies, that still doesn't explain why mining bubble would burst by year end, I'm not trying to interrogate you, I just want to know if you are making an estimated guess or if there is something that I don't know about.
no publicly traded company would make negative comments about supply, until there really is an issue.
I never said there wasn't a supply issue but it was caused due to mining. Sure there were other factors but it was mostly due to mining, the same thing happened back in 2017-18.

I completely understand, the currency GPUs are profitable on is ethereum it currently has POW( Proof Of Work) system of validation of transactions this requires miners to validate the transaction, this in turn would not be required hopefully by the end of the year as the Ethereum is going through an overhaul and is going to turn to POS( Proof of Stake) which will not require validation by miners. Eventhough people say there are other currencies, nothing would be as profitable as Ethereum and the mining bubble should inturn burst.

anyone mining ravencoin here??
is it worth mining ?

i have an old secondary rig with a 1070 ,thinking of putting it to use.
worth it??
100 INR per day average after electricity costs at the risk of possibly killing your card because RVN uses all the core power unlike ETH you cannot turn the core clock down. You'll have to keep your card running at absolute 100% at all times with about 90% Power limit or more, way more harmful than gaming. You decide.

Below is an idea where the card is in most danger zone. Some might disagree but those either didn't do mining or didn't do any research.
(Properly tuned ETH mining at 70% or less power) < (Gaming) < (Alt coin mining which uses full power at all times)

Last edited:
100 INR per day average after electricity costs at the risk of possibly killing your card because RVN uses all the core power unlike ETH you cannot turn the core clock down. You'll have to keep your card running at absolute 100% at all times with about 90% Power limit or more, way more harmful than gaming. You decide.

Below is an idea where the card is in most danger zone. Some might disagree but those either didn't do mining or didn't do any research.
(Properly tuned ETH mining at 70% or less power) < (Gaming) < (Alt coin mining which uses full power at all times)
thanks for that.

Ether mining it is then. XD

I know people have a stigma that they think their "cards age" will decrease if they're used for minging 24x7, with bitcoin mining I agree a 100%, but now no one does mine Bitcoin GPUs, people mine Ethereum on GPUs, and Ethereum is Memory Intensive, I mine with my 2080Ti, at a 70% fixed fan curve, and at -200 core clock, the only thing that might wear out are the fans, which also might take a good 3-4 years, and are really cheap to replace.

And definitely do mine with your 2070S, you'll make a decent passive income, just do your due diligence about which pool to mine to and tune your overclocks to the ones that are being suggested online
I have got 3080 gaming z trio, LHR version tho. I heard that LHR cards can be unlocked to mine and can be 70% efficient as the non LHR versions. Is this true? If yes, then I would like to mine ethereum on it. Also I wanted to know how much can money can I make per month If I use my 3080 gaming z trio to mine?

I never had any interest in mining but a couple of months ago I was listing to the WAN show and they made some comment about why are general people with single gpus not mining and I thought to myself why am I not mining. So I checked the profitability of a 2060 (my gpu) and it was pretty high, about 250rs per day and since I wasn't gaming much I installed nice hash which is incredibly easy to use and in less than 2 months I have made 10k, more than half the value of a 2060 in a normal market.
I know the value of my card will decrease since it is being used for mining but I guess that won't me more than a couple thousands.

So my question is are you guys mining and if not then why?

Also if anyone decide to use Nicehash remember that the minimum withdrawal is 0.001 btc or about 4.2k so you can't mine for a day or two and withdraw the money, you will have to accumulate 0.001btc before you can withdraw it.

P.S: If and when I get a 3060ti/3070 at their mrp you can expect a sweet deal on this 2060.
What about the electricity bill? Have you tracked it?

Have a used 970 and with electricity prices here my Nicehash profits are estimated to be Rs.20 per day. So the main 2 reasons I'm not mining are
1) Not worth the risk for my already old-ass GPU, especially since I'm a long way from having enough funds to buy a new one
2) Don't want to gain weight by eating extra patties worth Rs.20 everyday after coaching classes :tearsofjoy:

Back