Graphic Cards Artifacts with palit hd 4850

_Atif_

Disciple
Hi guys I am having a problem with my Palit HD 4850. It started 3 days ago when i observed artifacts in my games but its got really bad now.

Inintially i tried to update the ATIdriver considering it to be the problem. Tried 9.11 to 10.2 drivers with no success.

I tried downcloacking the the card to its min clock of 500Mhz that also didnt work.
But now I see artifacts on the post screen.
When i switch on my pc the post screen shows artifacts. On starting windows the boot screen has many artifacts and when windows starts screen is full of bands n colors . And it eventually hangs or ends up in a blue screen.
There is a confusing part i managed to boot into "safe mode with networking". I dont see any artifacts and I am able to write this post :crazy:
There is no damage on the card and the fan is also working properly . Last temperatures I remember were 54 degree on Load.

I got this card in june last year as a replacement to my original card. It had some problems of video and games freezing which i had managed to fix by downcloaking the card to 600Mhz from original 625Mhz. The card was working properly after downcloaking it back then till 3 days ago.
Q: Do i get warranty on this card as it is a replaced card? The original card was bought 1.5 years ago had a 3 year warranty written on bill and it was replaced in june last year after a 40 day painful experiance :mad:from Mediaman Infotech in Mumbai.
Q: Anybody has a solution to this or the card has gone bad ?
Also i wanted a suggestion for a backup card mainly for display while i try to get the HD 4850 fixed . My current motherboard Gigabyte EP-45-UD3R does not have onboard video :(

how are the temps? I had this issue for an hour or two, so i got a new PSU and all is fine now. I had a CM 600W extreme PSU, which i RMAed and i got a VX550.

try reducing the power consumption of the PC, bring back CPU to stock speeds etc ...

rajan1311 said:
how are the temps? I had this issue for an hour or two, so i got a new PSU and all is fine now. I had a CM 600W extreme PSU, which i RMAed and i got a VX550.
try reducing the power consumption of the PC, bring back CPU to stock speeds etc ...
My card temperature is 50-55 rarely goes to 60.
My cpu is not overcloaked and I have already put all bios setting to default. Checked all my 3 ram sticks. I have a corsair vx450 which i got replaced some time back.

Q: Do i get warranty on this card as it is a replaced card?
You should get warranty on this card too.
Q: Anybody has a solution to this or the card has gone bad ?
Your card is definitely dying and seems to have been a faulty piece from the very beginning since you had to downclock it to get stability.You should get it replaced at once.

For temporary display purpose you can look for some used previous generation card like 8600GT which will actually let you play many games decently and can be had for as little as 1.5k.
No point in buying a new low end card(like 4350,5450,9400GT,etc.) for temporary purposes as a used 8600GT will be cheaper and considerably faster than these.

abhineetnazi said:
You should get warranty on this card too.

Your card is definitely dying and seems to have been a faulty piece from the very beginning since you had to downclock it to get stability.You should get it replaced at once.
For temporary display purpose you can look for some used previous generation card like 8600GT which will actually let you play many games decently and can be had for as little as 1.5k.

No point in buying a new low end card(like 4350,5450,9400GT,etc.) for temporary purposes as a used 8600GT will be cheaper and considerably faster than these.
Thx for the reply. I will try to go tommorow itself to the service center.

Yup its time for RMA, try to get some previous generation card. Like a 7900GS,7600GT if your looking a something cheap. Otherwise make a one time investment and get an 8400GS which will be your Backup Card.

I got a 8400GS for backup and I dont see any artifacts with this one. So my hd4850 was the culprit and will go for rma

Go with tirupati enterprises for ur RMA,,they will do it in a week,,,:clap:

Can u xplain me the pattern of the artifacts? Dots or Vertical lines in red as i also had the same problem which tirupati rmaed in a week,,,,

Ur Video memory has got corrupted,.,,this is wat the tirupati guys told me during my RMA...:huh:

I went to the Mediaman service centre. It seems there is a burn on the card :'(. Some small plate joining something above the gold pins has come off and a slight burn below it.

I asked if it can be fixed he was unsure as a result cant give replacement.

He said I can give him the card if I wished. If can be fixed I till get it back without any charge but this process will take 3 months

What 3 months,,,that is insane,,,

Contact Tirupati Enterprises and give them the card,,,Dont tell them nethin abt wat conversation u had with Mediaman....C wat tirupati has got to tell?

If it is replaceable u will get ur new card in a week.....

Back