Budget 21-30k As-usual CPU, MOBO, GPU Upgrade 30K

srk3461

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E4500
    • Motherboard - Intel D945 GCNL
    • RAM - Transcend 2 X 1GB
    • Monitor - Samsung 920nw
    • PSU - Seasonic 520W
    • Cooler Master Hyper Tx-3
    • NZXT Gamma
    • 1TB - Seagate
    • 1TB - Hitachi
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung 920nw
    • PSU - Seasonic 520W
    • Cooler Master Hyper Tx-3
    • NZXT Gamma
    • 1TB - Hitachi
    • 1TB - Seagate
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 3330 (a friend is giving it to me, Is a brand new one)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - GTX 660 Ti (worried about bottleneck)
    • Corsair 4GB x1
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Might throw in a 4GB ram and 1080p Monitor next month.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies & Encoding.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I'm a Intel & Nvidia fan boy.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • COD Series
    • Battlefield Series
    • NFS
    • Lots more
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440x900
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
      I just wanna know whether this config is right or do i need to add something else to it. And am i right about going ahead with the 660 Ti or should i go for something lower like 760 (price wise). I'm really confused guys. Is that cpu is really good enough with that graphic card like that. I know the games today don't take that much on the cpu.

Last edited:
  • CPU - Intel i5 4440 -13500,
  • Motherboard - Asus B85M-G or Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H -6500,
  • GPU - Zotac GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB (2+3 years warranty) -12000,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB -2500.
  • TOTAL -34500.
  • Zotac GTX650Ti Boost 2GB is almost equivalent to GTX660 in terms of performance and with 2 years normal warranty when you register you will get another 3 years extended warranty.
  • PS: If you can increase your budget a bit then the above RIG is sufficient for at least 3-4 years.

That's a great price.

i5 3330 (5000)
Asus P8B75-M (5200)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 1 TB (4100)
Zotac GTX 650ti Boost(12600)
Logitech MK200 (800)

total: 30,200
I know him for a long time... that's why!
Thanks for config.. I need a board with more ram slots and moreover, I've never purchased asus, It was always gigabyte or intel!
what do you know think about "Intel DZ75ML-45K Motherboard"!?
About 650 ti boost is it really good compared to 660 ti. I looked around It's still not as good as 660ti.
I do have 20-22k specifically for the graphic card. and I just wanna know whether the cpu i have will be able to handle it without any issues.

Last edited:
I know him for a long time... that's why!
Thanks for config.. I need a board with more ram slots and moreover, I've never purchased asus, It was always gigabyte or intel!
what do you know think about "Intel DZ75ML-45K Motherboard"!?
About 650 ti boost is it really good compared to 660 ti. I looked around It's still not as good as 660ti.
I do have 20-22k specifically for the graphic card. and I just wanna know whether the cpu i have will be able to handle it without any issues.

> Why do you not want an Asus board?
> Do you 20-22k other than the originally mentioned 30k?

> Why do you not want an Asus board?
> Do you 20-22k other than the originally mentioned 30k?
NO! Dude out of 30k I'm gonna go all out (20k) on graphic card first then the proper mobo. Asus! it's dual ram slots. I heard 2x4GB is always better than a single 8gb. so it's always better to have more ram slots.

Last edited:
NO! Dude out of 30k I'm gonna go all out (20k) on graphic card first then the proper mobo. Asus! it's dual ram slots. I heard 2x4GB is always better than a single 8gb. so it's always better to have more ram slots.

Spending 20k on graphic card out of a total budget of 30k is totally bad idea. What you'll have is an unbalanced rig.

Spending 20k on graphic card out of a total budget of 30k is totally bad idea. What you'll have is an unbalanced rig.
The reason being I've the processor (i don't even have to pay him.. lol) and thought about a motherboard under 5k and a 4Gb ram. Moreover i've all the other things required for a decent build.

Okay, so you'll get the processor now and will him later :)

i5 3330 (0)
Asus P8B75-M (5200)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
Asus GTX 760 DCII OC edition 2 GB (20,100)

total: ~30k.

@harshilsharma63: thanks for the config, It look good
But 660 ti is better than 760 on benchmarks anandtech, http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/860?vs=854
Any other motherboard apart from Asus. what do you think about these two "Intel DZ75ML-45K Motherboard" or "Gigabyte B75D3H"! Even these are pretty low.

> Only place where 660ti won was Dirt Showdown, everywhere else either 760 wins or there is negligible difference. you should always go with newer cards as they'll ultimately get better driver optimizations and will have better resale value.

> bithe the boards are good but the Asus board I've mentioned has tons more features and more ports. What's the problem with Asus anyways?

> Only place where 660ti won was Dirt Showdown, everywhere else either 760 wins or there is negligible difference. you should always go with newer cards as they'll ultimately get better driver optimizations and will have better resale value.

> bithe the boards are good but the Asus board I've mentioned has tons more features and more ports. What's the problem with Asus anyways?

Agree with on that 760 though!
It has the features but as i said i need more ram slots for future use. No problem with never really liked them or bought them.

Is 650 Ti boost better than GTX 660 2GB !? which one is better!? I'm having second thoughts on the graphic card.

Last edited:
It has all the feature but as i said i need more ram slots for future use.
It has the features but as i said i need more ram slots for future use. No problem with never really liked them or bought them.

Is 650 Ti boost better than GTX 660 2GB !? which one is better!? I'm having second thoughts on the graphic card.

> If more ram slots is an import requirement, you can go with Gigabyte B75M DH3.

> 660 is much better 650ti Boost.

> If more ram slots is an import requirement, you can go with Gigabyte B75M DH3.

> 660 is much better 650ti Boost.

Thank you.. You meant Gigabyte B75M D3H right?

Sharma, I've one more doubt, for argument sake let's say i go with GTX 760 or GTX 660 or 660 Ti, will my Sea-sonic 520w be able to handle it properly? or am i to update my psu also?
And If i'm going with 660 ti and Non-ti or GTX 760, which make (manufacturer) shall i go ahead with?
(I'm gonna probably go ahead with 760 or 660 Stock, after i get to sp road bangalore this weekend and compare some prices around)

Last edited:
Thank you.. You meant Gigabyte B75M D3H right?

Sharma, I've one more doubt, for argument sake let's say i go with GTX 760 or GTX 660 or 660 Ti, will my Sea-sonic 520w be able to handle it properly? or am i to update my psu also?
And If i'm going with 660 ti and Non-ti or GTX 760, which make (manufacturer) shall i go ahead with?
(I'm gonna probably go ahead with 760 or 660 Stock, after i get to sp road bangalore this weekend and compare some prices around)

> 520 W is enough for all the cards you've mentioned and even for cards like 770 or 7970.

> 660 is priced ~15k, 660ti at ~21k adn 760 at ~20k. If you are considering 760 and 660ti then 660 (non ti) is out of the picture due to large price difference. Get 760 :)

> Asus offers better cooler and Zotac offers 5 years warranty: year normally and 3 years if you register the card on Zotac's website within 14 days of purchase; so Zotac makes more sense. Don't get the one that looks llike this: http://mdcomputers.in/74-products/86-graphics-card/2133-zotac-graphics-card-gtX-760-2gb-ddr5 rather get this one: http://mdcomputers.in/74-products/8...ac-graphics-card-gtX-760-2gb-ddr5-amp-edition .

Are your really very sure harsh? b'cos every site i looked at said at-least a 600w psu is required for gtx 760. The 760 for 20k you mentioned is the stock one right not the AMP edition right?
Do i've to be worried about gpu not fitting with my cabinet.?
This how my build is gonna look like;
Cpu - i5 - 3330
Motherboard - Gigabyte - B75M D3H
Psu - Sea-sonic 520W
Ram - Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500) or Transcend 4GBx 2 1333 MHz
HardDisk - 2x1TB Seagate and Hitachi
Gpu - Zotac GTX 760 2GB
Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212
Cooler Master Sickle flow Blue - 1
LG Optical Drive
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Cabinet NXZT Gamma
*Okay if i do go ahead with 760 it's gonna be zotac(gotta love 5 years warranty).

Back