CPU/Mobo Asrock b450 pro4 Motherboard/Ram compatibility

Rhythmz4

Recruit
Hi all,

IDK why im posting it after 2-3 years of using this system, I was not aware of hardware at that time, someone else made this pc for me, but can someone confirm if this motherboard supports this RAM and the issues im facing is coz of the ram?

I have Corsair vengeance 8gbx2 (3000mhz) ram + 1x8 GB (3600mhz) ram, all three clocked to 3000mhz

But today out of nowhere I read the specs of my mobo as my pc takes a lot of time to boot (not the actual pc but the motherboard logo shows after like 10-15 secs after I have turned on the pc, after the logo its pretty fast as it should be coz of the SSD) whereas, I have seen other friends pc which boots up in less time coz their mobo logo shows up way faster, idk if this is a problem with asrock or this specific model. But wanted to confirm my suspicions before taking the decision of buying something new.

Link to the mobo specs: Asrock B450 pro4 (this says ram compatible are 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133mhz, so I'm assuming 3000 is creating a problem maybe?)

PC SPECS:

Ryzen 5 3600
24gb RAM clocked to 3000 via xmp (there is a issue in this too, where I have to do 3000mhz every time I boot up otherwise this runs for 2133mhz, and yes I have tried using just 2 rams for stability sake.)
Zotac 3070ti (just upgraded, was 1080 before) trinity oc
650w corsair psu
500gb ssd, 1tb hdd

If someone has an Asrock mobo, please confirm if logo shows up quick or not?

Thanks for the help, sorry if I messed up the post, ready to give any required info in the replies if I missed something.
bump

Last edited:
but the motherboard logo shows after like 10-15 secs after I have turned on the pc
1) Have you checked if fast boot is turned on or boot delay is set to some seconds in BIOS?
2) i) Shutdown, remove all USB devices (Keyboard and mouse shouldn't matter) and then check the boot speed. If it is faster after this removal of devices, plug back in each device and check to find the culprit.
ii) Unplug all the storage except for the boot drive and check the boot speed. (Some boards might check the attached storage on boot up, a dying storage device might be the culprit)

Do read all the comments in this link

I have to do 3000mhz every time I boot up otherwise this runs for 2133mhz
Where did you see it is 2133 MHz after you've booted up? Some programs might still show the base speed of RAM stick (2133 MHz in your case). Check what is showing in CPU-Z's memory tab. The "DRAM Frequency" should show 1500 MHz if XMP is working. (DDR = Double Data Rate, so 1500 doubles is 3000)

I have a AsRock motherboard and AsRock logo appears after about 7-8 seconds after pressing the power button. I think the system takes about 15 seconds to boot. I am using a NVME ssd and corsair Vengeance 16*2 3000 Mhz RAM.

Hi all,

IDK why im posting it after 2-3 years of using this system, I was not aware of hardware at that time, someone else made this pc for me, but can someone confirm if this motherboard supports this RAM and the issues im facing is coz of the ram?

I have Corsair vengeance 8gbx2 (3000mhz) ram + 1x8 GB (3600mhz) ram, all three clocked to 3000mhz

But today out of nowhere I read the specs of my mobo as my pc takes a lot of time to boot (not the actual pc but the motherboard logo shows after like 10-15 secs after I have turned on the pc, after the logo its pretty fast as it should be coz of the SSD) whereas, I have seen other friends pc which boots up in less time coz their mobo logo shows up way faster, idk if this is a problem with asrock or this specific model. But wanted to confirm my suspicions before taking the decision of buying something new.

Link to the mobo specs: Asrock B450 pro4 (this says ram compatible are 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133mhz, so I'm assuming 3000 is creating a problem maybe?)

PC SPECS:

Ryzen 5 3600
24gb RAM clocked to 3000 via xmp (there is a issue in this too, where I have to do 3000mhz every time I boot up otherwise this runs for 2133mhz, and yes I have tried using just 2 rams for stability sake.)
Zotac 3070ti (just upgraded, was 1080 before) trinity oc
650w corsair psu
500gb ssd, 1tb hdd

If someone has an Asrock mobo, please confirm if logo shows up quick or not?

Thanks for the help, sorry if I messed up the post, ready to give any required info in the replies if I missed something.
bump
Try running your PC with only 1 stick of RAM on either channels. It's probably due to memory error checks that slow your boot times.

What is your SSD's storage capacity and how much space do you have left?
Also, i would suggest doing a fresh install of windows as well.

I have a AsRock motherboard and AsRock logo appears after about 7-8 seconds after pressing the power button. I think the system takes about 15 seconds to boot. I am using a NVME ssd and corsair Vengeance 16*2 3000 Mhz RAM.
oh so I guess its with Asrock, thanks for confirming.

oh so I guess its with Asrock, thanks for confirming.
You misunderstood me. 5-8 second is normal I guess. 15 second is too much for the logo to appear. I am still using the same windows from my old pc. I think a fresh install should be done when a motherboard is changed so that should speed up things a bit for me. I think you should reset everything to default from the bios and see if that helps.

You misunderstood me. 5-8 second is normal I guess. 15 second is too much for the logo to appear. I am still using the same windows from my old pc. I think a fresh install should be done when a motherboard is changed so that should speed up things a bit for me. I think you should reset everything to default from the bios and see if that helps.
Oh, yea i guess 10 seconds+ is too much, I have tried installing the latest bios, that didnt help, will try resetting to default maybe..

1) Have you checked if fast boot is turned on or boot delay is set to some seconds in BIOS?
2) i) Shutdown, remove all USB devices (Keyboard and mouse shouldn't matter) and then check the boot speed. If it is faster after this removal of devices, plug back in each device and check to find the culprit.
ii) Unplug all the storage except for the boot drive and check the boot speed. (Some boards might check the attached storage on boot up, a dying storage device might be the culprit)

Do read all the comments in this link

Where did you see it is 2133 MHz after you've booted up? Some programs might still show the base speed of RAM stick (2133 MHz in your case). Check what is showing in CPU-Z's memory tab. The "DRAM Frequency" should show 1500 MHz if XMP is working. (DDR = Double Data Rate, so 1500 doubles is 3000)
1) Fast boot is on, yes. But I dont think fastboot is a problem as I said, normal bootup is fast, just that mobo logo takes the time (its black for like 10-15 seconds, then the asrock logo appears, after that its fast)
2)i) Will try and update here in a while.
ii) Will try and update, but I think this will just lead to a task manager faster boot-up time, not the ASRock logo appearing faster, I may be wrong, will definitely give this a try, thanks.

3) Saw the ram speed on the task manager under the memory tab. It shows 3000mhz when i do 3000 and 2133 if I dont update while booting up.

Try running your PC with only 1 stick of RAM on either channels. It's probably due to memory error checks that slow your boot times.

What is your SSD's storage capacity and how much space do you have left?
Also, i would suggest doing a fresh install of windows as well.
Have tried running it on 1 stick, still the same thing.

SSD is of 500gb where 10gb is left.
Yea will try installing a fresh one, I haven't installed a fresh windows since I bought this pc 2-3 years ago

I have a B450m Pro4 with a R5 3600. Mine takes about 6-7 seconds from pressing the power button to asrock logo. Funny thing is that this only started after I installed the 3600. With my previous 2600, the asrock logo came on almost instantaneously.

I have a B450m Pro4 with a R5 3600. Mine takes about 6-7 seconds from pressing the power button to asrock logo. Funny thing is that this only started after I installed the 3600. With my previous 2600, the asrock logo came on almost instantaneously.
Look like another second will be added for a 5600x. Bigger the processor longer is the time may be.

Have tried running it on 1 stick, still the same thing.

SSD is of 500gb where 10gb is left.
Yea will try installing a fresh one, I haven't installed a fresh windows since I bought this pc 2-3 years ago
Well the SSD might be your problem. 10GB is extremely slim, so you'll definitely have to do a fresh install, or at least free up some space.
Also, try disabling XMP/DOCP.

Update: Sorry, just tried some solutions here, tried removing 1 ram (actually tried removing both type of rams 3600 + 3000mhz ram one by one) but no luck there, also tried removing both HDD and SSD to check if logo appears faster (thought maybe storage was the issue) but no, no luck here as well. Starting to think its my specific mobo maybe. Someone please let me know which product is at fault here, also planning to get rid of the mobo anyways, people said to avoid asrock for some reason.

I have a b550 gigabyte, MSI b550 pro and ASROCK b550 pro mobo. All have the same logo appearing time.
Yea so idk what's wrong then, I counted my time again and it was more than 30-40 seconds, which I don't think is normal, tho what I've noticed is, it tries to reset/restart something which is causing the delay to happen, I'm uploading a video which might help in identifying the cause a bit better.

Here is the video link for my pc to understand my situation better (dont judge the sounds) and as you can see even after the logo appears, it tries to restart and after the second try it starts, this is where the problem is :

SO FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION (PHEW!) : For anyone struggling with a similar issue - Please try to change your cmos battery. This worked wonders and now this ASRock is back to normal booting. Things that hinted at replacing the CMOS is - time was changing frequenty with every boot/ram was resetting (3000mhz was changing to 2133mhz), all of this was due to bad CMOS battery. Yesterday I bought a new one and replaced it and now everything works super smooth. Thanks for everyone who tried to help.

Mods please close this thread.

Back