Assasin's Creed (PC), Leaked

The size occupied post installation is 6.65GB & yes it is the full version but the due to a single file corruption it's not allowing you to proceed into a particular level called Jerusalem.:(

@Ero: The graphics don't match their console counterparts.Even at high resolutions the game has poor Aliasing & AF effect.But the overall character model shading effects are really done well.

The game is really good but nothing could match POP series.In fact after playing it I can't really compare it to POP.POP had great killing techniques.AC's fighting style looks like an RPG sword fighting drama which really kills the fun as it's not that exciting.The silent profile assassination seems like a 'speed kill' clone from POP but nothing that exciting.The only part I liked was 'Leap of faith' & the horse riding.:eek:hyeah:

can some one please give me this game i really want this game. my crappy new takes like 3 weeks to dl the entire thing in that time the original might release and i'll land up buying it.

Take my advice & wait for the official release.It will be worth the wait rather than fixing this busted release & having to try 10 different things to get into one darn level.:mad:

^^ Or play upto the point after which it crashes , and wait for the original release :p .. there are loads of things to do in the game besides the obvious missions ..

Collect flags,keep riding the horse until it faints,keep blending & put a chameleon to shame,keep listening to some secret mamo-jambo & listen to some more after that,wash his clothes,dry his hair,shine his blade,go to sleep & wake up.You'll have plenty of things to do till the official version comes out.:eek:hyeah:

^^the game IS boring(and OMG soo unbelievably slow) and graphics arent just that detailed...though i can see that AA is working, it doesnt do its job that well

No offense to anyone to whoever is b**ching about graphics but seriously have you played the PS3 and 360 version at all ? I see people with 7900's and X1*** series cards b**ching. This game actually scales well compared to the pathetic game that crysis was. If you have good hardware, this game will give you the FPS you deserve.

The 360 version looks great but if you compare it with the PC version, you can notice certain wash outs in the console versions. PC version looks absolutely astounding when everything including AA is put on max. It looks crisper and sharper. The draw distance also looks amazing compared to the console version. I noticed on PS3 that buildings at great distances look very washed out or simply pathetic. Whereas on the PC version they look amazing.

This is game is a hit and miss, its meant to be explored and not rushed through. It is going to get slow and repetitive but believe me the quality of effort put in the game to make it seem real is just amazing....

The Character Models ? The fluidity in Altairs Movement ? The Story ? The voice acting ? Nothing impressed you ?. Man, you are a tough nut to crack:hap2:

Yes, the "washed out" on PS3 and "great distance" and building "detail" I am guessing is simply due to larger more detailed textures, since we have what? 512MB video cards and 2-4 GB RAM? Compare that to the memory available on consoles, so they will definitely struggle to load and display detailed textures compared to the latest desktops :)

edit: The Assassin's Creed screenshots (and also of Crysis) posted by stormblast in the PC screenshot section were amazing, THAT is what you call next-gen gaming :) I think the unreal 3 engine is a bit dated to be called "next gen" gaming, but I am waiting to try out Bioshock after I get a new desktop myself.

damn kin_of_evil made me play it...i 'd actually made up my mind to wait...how cud i resisit wen he comes over,gives me the game image..n shows me the intro??

and as for the graphics, guess i'll have to agree with whatev_r.....i jus luv it...

mine hung up wen i lock that guy for interrogation...others havin the same issue?

^Nope no issues here so far.Not even single freeze or crash.

@Whatev_r: I was not b**ching about anything.Infact I love this game myself.Could be happy if the original one releases ASAP.I have seen this game on Xbox 360 on an HDTV & believe me it looks stunning.Having full screen mode on the 360 was a treat compared to seeing it in 16:9 format.Yes AA did look fabulous on the 360.I haven't yet seen it run on an 8 series card but I am running it on full settings myself.Given I don't have top of the line hardware which most of you do out here but I don't "b**ch" about the game as such like you put it.I just felt it had a slightly poor AA effect compared to the 360 version.Will see it work on an 8800 series card & let you know though.:)

BTW the only reason I like this game is because it has got variety.It's slow but exciting nonetheless.I loved the physics & the crowds real time interactions.It's something which most adventure games lack.;)

^^ jus tried again....it hangs once in 35-40 mins....now in jerusalem ...havin no probs with tht....'ll jus get the patch..guess tht'll do tht trick...

its nice fun jus explorin the place...and ridin around with the horse...

is there any damn possibilty to skip the cut scenes....its annoyin lik hell...

whateve_r said:

The 360 version looks great but if you compare it with the PC version, you can notice certain wash outs in the console versions. PC version looks absolutely astounding when everything including AA is put on max. It looks crisper and sharper. The draw distance also looks amazing compared to the console version. I noticed on PS3 that buildings at great distances look very washed out or simply pathetic. Whereas on the PC version they look amazing.

This is game is a hit and miss, its meant to be explored and not rushed through. It is going to get slow and repetitive but believe me the quality of effort put in the game to make it seem real is just amazing....

why has everything be compared with crysis?or do you really think this game looks comparable to crysis?the draw distance is good,but then it gets boring real fast.
as for the effort to make it real,i think thats where the story sucks,spoiler-genetic memory-spoiler,i am in biotech and by the time the doctor/scientist finished his monologue i was in tears with laughter.:rofl:
for me AC was POP-sand+GTA-fun==gg,but if the guy could absorb sand like POP and use time attacks,it would have been a different story.:eek:hyeah:

ubergeek said:
is it worth getting the ahem version?

Frankly speaking,NO.You are better off with the original version(whenever that comes out).If it weren't for the Jerusalem issue then it would have been worth it.But still this game does deserve a legit purchase.

is there any damn possibilty to skip the cut scenes....its annoyin lik hell...

Nope.You have to sit through the whole jabber.:bleh:

It's fun if you want to get a full insight of the story & that's what this game intends to do for all those 'cut-scene skippers'.:)

@leo:What card are you using?

Back